Hello, There is a new mod out for Arma 2  called 'DayzDecay'. It's a 1st person/3rd person, hardcore zombie survival mod. The mod contains custom building interior, new weapons, new backpacks, dynamic helicopter crashes and more. Please don't get the idea of this being a remake of the mod 'Dayzero'. The developers have tried their hardest, to make the mod  enjoyable and not the same a 'Dayzero'

Give it a try here: http://www.moddb.com/downloads/dayzdecay

The main Forum here: http://dayzdecay.get-forums.com/

If you look at the server and see it has low population, please go on it as the only way for the mod to succeed, is if we get regular players coming back to play the mod

• Like 1

I didn't see anything new listed in the decription of the mod from the first link. Pass.

You're going to need to provide a LOT more info to get people interested imo. 

Creature, i will not take any criticism, until you play the mod. If you're prepared to criticise something you haven't tried, you need you need to sort your act out. The lack of information is not there for is there for a reason. It's for people to have a surprise when they enter the server. 

Edited by TomHunt

Do you have any screenshots and or promotional videos to emphasize/showcase your work and contributions to said mod?

Creature, i will not take any criticism, until you play the mod. If you're prepared to criticise something you haven't tried, you need you need to sort your act out. The lack of information is not there for is there for a reason. It's for people to have a surprise when they enter the server. 

Hmm.. No one said you have to take it. You still got it though didn't you?

Sorry, with the sheer number of disapointment with other mods of the mod claiming to be "hardcore survival" that were easier to access with a large number of servers available to play on, maybe you can see why I or anyone else might be skeptical. Even they listed things that made their mod "unique".

There simply isn't enough info given to warrant any further curiosity on my part. I clicked the link, read the description and went "meh..". I'm willing to bet, most people will do the same. People need a reason to download a new mod (that's not available on steam or dayzlauncher btw) and that description just isn't going to pull people in. Simple.

I'm not trying to kill your mod or anything. I'm just stating fact s that could ultimately help you out.

• Like 1

Thanks man, but really, i'm not asking for you to play it nonstop, just give it a try, if you like dayzero, you may like this

Edited by TomHunt

Replaced/Re-balanced EVERY Weapon in DAYZMOD Removed code not needed from the original dayz mod providing less desync and more FPS Replaced sounds/weapon sounds and more! - New Floor textures - New Heli dynamics - New GUI/Gear Menu - Advanced Attachment system - New skins that suit the environment - New vehicles that suit the environment - Removed infections/Temp for the game - Other general fixes/removals.  That is every thing in the mod

Edited by TomHunt

How many features if any from this mod are from other mods, if so are others credited? Did you use Oxygen and make all new skins?

Idk man sorry, you'll have to ask the main dev

I played for about 1-2 hours and didn't really find anything new or unique that made it hardcore.. I noticed quite a few things that already exist from other mods, and overal wouldn't say this was too different. Why is there 3rd person if its meant to be hardcore? At times zombies didn't even notice me up close, although I did like the (apparent?) feature where zombies would suddenly appear out of nowhere if you fired a shot. Roaming zombies were nice. Heli crash sites seemed in different locations, less loot spawn and more Zeds. The map changes, in terms of colours, street lights, lighting etc were nice - but again not something we've never seen before. I didn't find any map edits, such as in new buildings or locations - but that isn't a bad thing as such.

Will give it a bit more of a chance, such as getting to NEAF and NWAF to see what they're like :)

Edited by Crazymaniac

Server IP provided in the DayzDecay forum/twitter links, Just leads to "EU1-TRUE_VANILLA_SERVER" on the multiplayer {remote, insert IP} attempt to join it just brings up that the server rejects connect due to every single DayZDecay Addon file .pbo, the server is titled "vanilla" and your modpack install + IP provided to join to play DayZDecay, then rejects every dayzdecay pbo file in your mod download. GG. I tried for bloody hours to try sort it and get on the server to give it a fair trial, but your download or Ip or both fail to reach a connection to try DayZDecay. such sad