Sign in to follow this  
chrismgtis

Impossible to Report Hackers

Since no one seems to be pointing out the obvious I thought I would.

It is nearly impossible to report hackers, which is why they get away with it and will continue do so. Why? Several reasons.

- Few severs have name tags enabled.

- DayZ does not show in the chat log "X player killed X player". This means that 99% of the time you will not know who killed you, even if player tags were on and you caught the name.

The second issue above is the one which needs to be remedied and is absolutely inexcusable.

I agree. I died to airstrike a week ago along with two other people I was playing with on Teamspeak. Someone wiped us all out over a city block at the same moment. No clue who.

Two days ago I put 6 G17 shots at 4 meters into a persons chest as they walked up the stairs and then they looked up the stairs and shot me once. No clue who was wearing the bullet proof vest.

Just include YOUR name and approximate timeframe in the report, any admin could look up your killer name in the logs.

Just include YOUR name and approximate timeframe in the report' date=' any admin could look up your killer name in the logs.

[/quote']

No they can't have you ever seen an ARMA server log?

"Hey guys don't disconnect to avoid death"

Disable disconnect messages

"Hey guys don't hack"

Disable 99% of the kill message.

Admins just have to use their better judgement really then deal with the pitchfork mob that follows you doing anything remotely close to administration on a server. The self entitlement from players here is just insane sometimes.

"you can't ban me it's against the rules no banning allowed"

This entire forum right there.

Server logs record all deaths, and entites being destroyed. Just ask your server admin to post it.

• Like 1

It's not a problem, just ask the admin to look over the server logs. You can actually see them using wrong or unverified scripts, signatures and so on. An admin can even see what gear you got on your character or anyone elses. Just report it and they'll look into it.

lol you have no idea. hackers just brought the whole game to it's knee's...

This is just beyond retarded now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dayzdevteam/status/219813281710358528

dude battleye is banning people left and right atm, you just dont see it. you can go to some hacking forum and read their forum, a lot has been banned for using the public bypass that was released recently and many more still continue to try. the consensus is that battleye does delayed bans now and if you hack using the bypass that just went pub expect a ban less than 48hrs.

battleye just pissed off a lot of people that used the public bypass and this ddos is probably their way of getting revenge.

battleye is almost like blizzard's warden now, instead of straight banning, they flag accounts instead. this creates tremendous confusions about whether the bypass is legit hence it will always still catch people brave enough to try it. if a hack status is detected most will stop using it outright. if a hack is "unknown" MANY if not MOST will continue to use it and getting flagged.

the flag system is way more effective because of the unknown factor and wont give hack maker a chance in time to shut down the hack in time unless the hack maker is REALLY REALLY skilled like Helios, Medic and the "buddy" guys that makes bots. they are always ahead of the system....

these guys literally can monetize their programs and profit from it all the while being the target of punkbuster, battleye and warden and STILL not get caught.....

lol you have no idea. hackers just brought the whole game to it's knee's...

This is just beyond retarded now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dayzdevteam/status/219813281710358528

dude battleye is banning people left and right atm' date=' you just dont see it. you can go to some hacking forum and read their forum, a lot has been banned for using the public bypass that was released recently and many more still continue to try. the consensus is that battleye does delayed bans now and if you hack using the bypass that just went pub expect a ban less than 48hrs.

battleye just pissed off a lot of people that used the public bypass and this ddos is probably their way of getting revenge.

battleye is almost like blizzard's warden now, instead of straight banning, they flag accounts instead. this creates tremendous confusions about whether the bypass is legit hence it will always still catch people brave enough to try it. if a hack status is detected most will stop using it outright. if a hack is "unknown" MANY if not MOST will continue to use it and getting flagged.

the flag system is way more effective because of the unknown factor and wont give hack maker a chance in time to shut down the hack in time unless the hack maker is REALLY REALLY skilled like Helios, Medic and the "buddy" guys that makes bots. they are always ahead of the system....

these guys literally can put their programs and profit from it all the while being the target of punkbuster, battleye and warden and STILL not get caught.....

[/quote']

Hacks aren't the only reason people need to be reported.

I'm just thankful this game doesn't use Punkbuster. That pile of crap has been a joke since day one and has never served any purpose whatsoever other than to kick legit players left and right for ridiculous reasons.

Rocket should just release a free hack that gets tracked down by battle eye and bans you as soon as you try to use it. it's what they get for using it.

You don't need proof, just bitch and complain constantly. That totally works on this forum and game.

You don't need proof' date=' just bitch and complain constantly. That totally works on this forum and game.

[/quote']

It's sad how true this is if you do happen to catch a hacker they can just post here and say your an abusive admin for baning them. People with bitch ask for "logs" that don't exist because ARMA logs fuck all. Then you have 2 options say fuck it leave the asshole banned (best option IMHO) or unban a hacker because you as an admin have to prove some is NOT guilty. How ass backwards is that you have to prove they were hacking what the hell dayz community.

dude battleye is banning people left and right atm' date=' you just dont see it. you can go to some hacking forum and read their forum, a lot has been banned for using the public bypass that was released recently and many more still continue to try. the consensus is that battleye does delayed bans now and if you hack using the bypass that just went pub expect a ban less than 48hrs.

these guys literally can monetize their programs and profit from it all the while being the target of punkbuster, battleye and warden and STILL not get caught.....

[/quote']

Sounds like you admire them...

Don't know about those other guys, but I've read a bunch of medics posts and that guy is fucking looney toons. I seriously doubt he's always behind proxies/vpn's, and even if he is, there are ways around that as far as locating that bitch. He says himself he's from the UK which is a great start and also very telling. The guy has no fear because(apart from being an idiot savant) he thinks no one will ever bother tracking him down, and he seems to be right from everyones attitude about all this shit.

Like Tyrion would say...."Heads, Spikes, Forum." Go.

I jut killed a guy named "[359]Jon" and it said r33tm0nk3y has killed [359]Jon....which was very strange because it never shows who killed you. I then waited around for a minute and there he was again with all his gear. I killed him again and ran up to his body and it disappeared so I left the server. If anyone encounters this guy then please point him out to any admins on the server so he can get some bans going his way. I heard of a hack that enables someone to regain their body after death and spawn where they want...that is horsesh!t. I didnt want to stick around and let my 4 day old character die from some little kid hacker noob.

I am a server admin and I gave up after a day. The logs suck and even knowing regex and being good at braking up log files I still can't do shit with them. Someone combat dced and I had the time frame but not the exact sec. Guess what, 4 people Dced at 7:17pm and I can't ban them all to get 1 guy.

Can these guys that sell these hacks on cheat sites not be sued?

Maybe a knock at the door by the plod might just bring it home to them or sue them for there profits and some?

I have to say this forum is rather over loaded with suspected hacker post. It appears those responsible for dealing with them are a bit overwhelmed and need more help to keep up. I posted a thread for the 1st time a couple of days ago and it is already buried back to page 3 of this forum with only 57 reads and no reply from anyone.

I do not know if this is possible or not, but for some of the punkbuster games our clan hosts servers for stream to a website call PBBans. It is a centralized website that houses a ban list. All server admin’s streaming to the website work together to keep hackers off all the servers. It would be nice to have something similar for DayZ/Arma servers. Or is there something that I am just not aware of? Does Battle Eye have something similar?

I am sure with our community we have a bunch of solid server admins or server host personal that would be willing to step up and help. Maybe it is time to add/create a dedicated team to reviewing these posts and getting them resolved more quickly. I may not be the most qualified, but I am more then willing to help.

This is not meant to flame anyone, please do not take it that way. I am just trying to look for solutions to what I see as a problem (because of the popularity of this mod) and help, that is all.

Ski

Edited by Ski

Server logs record all deaths, and entites being destroyed. Just ask your server admin to post it.

No they don't.. At most you get a "Player X died" .. Show me where the current dayzcode stores the killer information ?

The problem with cheaters has most definitely escalated lately. I catch and ban AT LEAST 20 a day where it blatantly shows up in the logs from spawning ammo crates, etc. I'm sure there are others I'm not seeing as well. It is to the point where I've stopped reporting them here because of the amount of time and energy it takes to report that many cheaters. Now, if I see anything remotely suspicious going on, it's a ban. This is the approach I have to use now to keep my server populated and (fairly) free of cheaters.

We can only hope that standalone mitigates this problem otherwise I can't see myself continuing to run / host DayZ servers.

• Like 1

No they can't have you ever seen an ARMA server log?

"Hey guys don't disconnect to avoid death"

Disable disconnect messages

"Hey guys don't hack"

Disable 99% of the kill message.

Admins just have to use their better judgement really then deal with the pitchfork mob that follows you doing anything remotely close to administration on a server. The self entitlement from players here is just insane sometimes.

"you can't ban me it's against the rules no banning allowed"

This entire forum right there.

For every 1 person that disconnects during a firefight, there are 50 who just disconnect because they are bored. There is no point clogging up the chat with shit we don't need to see.

The problem with cheaters has most definitely escalated lately. I catch and ban AT LEAST 20 a day where it blatantly shows up in the logs from spawning ammo crates, etc. I'm sure there are others I'm not seeing as well. It is to the point where I've stopped reporting them here because of the amount of time and energy it takes to report that many cheaters. Now, if I see anything remotely suspicious going on, it's a ban. This is the approach I have to use now to keep my server populated and (fairly) free of cheaters.

We can only hope that standalone mitigates this problem otherwise I can't see myself continuing to run / host DayZ servers.

Thats the way I do. Its ridiculous that you (as a server admin) can (and probably WILL) be punished for kicking/banning people who possibly, even probably hack. You have to act like a prosecutor, take screenshots, read logs etc etc... You have to defend yourself if you kick/ban some hackerscum of the server YOU pay for... Well whats the problem? As long as I dont have the power to release a global ban the hackerscum can just join another server and continue his sick game... If I ban one innocent player - where's the problem then??? He can continue playing on thousands of other servers, too...

Its as usual. The criminals (and sorry - hackers are nothing but criminals) enjoy the policy of dayz-creators, they are having fun and the server admin is not allowed to do shit with them... When I am playing actively I experience hackers on literally EVERY server. I play hours and hours to collect stuff, suddenly hear steps near me, dont see any1 and then get killed within seconds by an invisible hacker. If side chat is activated (which is on very few servers) admin says "sorry, cant do anything. you dont have any proof" - fuck it. Thats not funny guys...