Sign in to follow this  
fml

DayZ experiencing expontential growth?

I remember about a month ago, dayz broke 200,000 unique players. A few weeks later, 300,000. Now it is approaching 400,000 and the growth rate just keeps raising. I remember rocket saying he didnt expect this kind of growth. The growth he didnt expect a month ago has now multiplied. I know exponential growth is what happens when a really good game (or mod) comes out; due to word of mouth. And I am no game developer or marketer, but it seems like dayz has really nailed it.

On twitch TV, DayZ constantly has more viewers than most of the popular mainstream games, including battlefield 3 and call of duty. Right now, its second to only mass-advertised sequel-games like diablo, starcraft, and WoW. Before it was just a hunch, but now I know we definitely have something special here. Im proud to be a part of DayZ, and I can't wait to see what happens next. What do you think of the rise in players and the future of DayZ?

It's amazing. 400+ hours and never a dull moment, and we're only in Alpha. Every person I have introduced to DayZ is hopelessly hooked.

Though, I have to say, how is it all possible in a game that you personally have been claiming for weeks is ruined and destroyed by players who aren't playing properly, or treating the game as a "deathmatch?"

Don't want to argue; just hope to see more posts like this from you in the future and less of your typical fare which has been... less constructive.

The >100.000 / 24 hours stat is much beloved yes.

80+ of pure entertaining moments...you know what? I'd pay full price for this game as it is at the moment...dont care whether it's Alpha or not..it works fine for me and I get excited everytime an update is released.

This is a good thread, but I just have to nitpick the title. Exponential growth can be depressingly slow as much as excitingly quick.

yes i know for one i would never have heard of this game if it wasnt for the diablo 3 off topic forum lol... people talking about what other games they play since d3 is such a failbomb lol :D glad i read the thread as this has been one of the best games all time imho. and yes the pop has grown a LOT since even i started playing 2 weeks ago

all of my deaths have been entertaining... from running a zombie train from elektro all the way to solnichniy in pitch black with my flashlight flickering (singing an off-shoot of crazy trains chorus over direct voice along the way :D); to forgetting i roll to the right when reloading... rolling off the second level of a barn knocking myself out in front of 3 or 4 zeds going "awww shit!!"; to doing a 10k crawl on a broken leg searching for morphine and never finding it lol; and last... crawling past a guy in a ghillie suit with a very LOUD sniper rifle put to my temple and BOOM!!! die.

been one of the most entertaining games in the last 8 years to me

It's amazing. 400+ hours and never a dull moment' date=' and we're only in Alpha. Every person I have introduced to DayZ is hopelessly hooked.

Though, I have to say, how is it all possible in a game that you personally have been claiming for weeks is ruined and destroyed by players who aren't playing properly, or treating the game as a "deathmatch?"

Don't want to argue; just hope to see more posts like this from you in the future and less of your typical fare which has been... less constructive.

[/quote']

I had a change of heart....from butthurt PvE'r, to play the game in all its glory. It took me a while to realize the fact that if I want to form a group, I can. If I want to play solo, I can. I didn't mean the game was broken, I was (mistakenly) telling everyone that im right and they were wrong in terms of the games direction.

yes i know for one i would never have heard of this game if it wasnt for the diablo 3 off topic forum lol... people talking about what other games they play since d3 is such a failbomb lol :D glad i read the thread as this has been one of the best games all time imho. and yes the pop has grown a LOT since even i started playing 2 weeks ago

all of my deaths have been entertaining... from running a zombie train from elektro all the way to solnichniy in pitch black with my flashlight flickering (singing an off-shoot of crazy trains chorus over direct voice along the way :D); to forgetting i roll to the right when reloading... rolling off the second level of a barn knocking myself out in front of 3 or 4 zeds going "awww shit!!"; to doing a 10k crawl on a broken leg searching for morphine and never finding it lol; and last... crawling past a guy in a ghillie suit with a very LOUD sniper rifle put to my temple and BOOM!!! die.

been one of the most entertaining games in the last 8 years to me

Agreed. I haven't played any other game since I've purchased it a little over a month ago. No matter where I go in chernarus, its always different, always exciting. I think that's part of what attracts more and more players - the different outcomes of every character that is played, its unlike any other game.

200K-300K-400K growth isn't exponential.

It is amazing the following this game is getting in the early stages of development. No one expected it.

It's amazing. 400+ hours and never a dull moment' date=' and we're only in Alpha. Every person I have introduced to DayZ is hopelessly hooked.

[/quote']

I have to say, your consistent, for lack of a better term, nut hugging, has been equally impressive. Bravo to both of you for posting from your emotions. It's pretty standard fare for inexperienced or unintelligent forum users.

It's all relative, really. 200 to 400... and so on.

He just wanted to use a big word. ;)

Yea I am loving the fact that it is doing so well, except for the lack of servers lol. No other game lets you make choices like Dayz. Low on food and water as well as blood, do you risk trying to sneak into that small town full of zeds and look for food/water or do you pass it by and hope you find a barn or something. The semi-realistic survival and perma death thing really make this game.

I had a change of heart....from butthurt PvE'r' date=' to play the game in all its glory. It took me a while to realize the fact that if I want to form a group, I can. If I want to play solo, I can. I didn't mean the game was broken, I was (mistakenly) telling everyone that im right and they were wrong in terms of the games direction.

[/quote']

Welcome back!

What do you think' date=' what is that?

[img']http://i.imgur.com/Yasko.png

It may not be exponential. The rate of increase is constantly rising though. Also, huge spike in recent days.