Sign in to follow this  
Hagon94

So something wierd just happened... hacks or bad luck?

So I loaded up dayZ and found a server with the highest population I could. About 50 or so. Upon loading i noticed the server message was "[PvP] kill everyone" or something like that. And I thought, oh well shit, i better find another one after I can get out of this loading screen. Then while it was saying " Please wait" I heard a voice from the game. Some player voice called at me briefly.  Shit i thought. Welp, I guess that's it, I'm dead. My character by the way I remember now Is out in the NW vast open plains, but i think far enough away from any major conflict point. I see red text appear on the left side of the screen as i am still on " Please Wait." " Your leg is in pain, your leg is broken, etc" So, finally after what feels like half a decade because my computer is not up to scruff, I finally get in and the black fades. It takes a while to adjust and stutters a lot. When I finally can see clearly, I notice i am indeed in the middle of a field. I'm laying prone as if I have been knocked down. I look around me and see two, yes two V3S driving around me in circles, as if to taunt me. One was green, the other was gray. I talk over the mic " Well damn. Isn't this some bad luck."  The green one charges at me and the gray one knocks into him a moment before his front end would hit me and they veer off into circles again. I can't tell. Are they on the same team or just fucking around with me? The green one charges at me again, this time it seems he isn't stopping. I roll to one side. A faint. I quickly roll back to the other side as the car starts turning the way I originally had rolled to and missed me by an inch. I crouch up and get my gun out. He's turning around. He's coming again... The gray truck is not coming to my rescue this time. I take aim. I say to him over the mic " I guess I'll see you in hell, buddy." I take a shot directly at the driver only moments before his front end smacks into my skull at a high velocity and rips it open. You are dead. If i killed him or not, I don't know. I kind of doubt it as i did not see a blood spray on his person the split second before he crashed into me, but oh well.

That last part kind of sounds like something out of a movie, but oddly enough it all actually happened this way. I find it quite wierd to be immediately found by two players only seconds, literally seconds after loading in. Did they somehow teleport to me? Or is it just all mad considence they were out here, driving their V3s on that field. Hacks? Considence? I'm not really angry either way as i died from something completely out of my control. My Computer is pretty bad so I tend to avoid conflict and if i meet players I'll be just passive / friendly simply because I don't really have the performance to put up a solid fight.

• Like 3

So I loaded up dayZ and found a server with the highest population I could. About 50 or so. Upon loading i noticed the server message was "[PvP] kill everyone" or something like that. And I thought, oh well shit, i better find another one after I can get out of this loading screen. Then while it was saying " Please wait" I heard a voice from the game. Some player voice called at me briefly.  Shit i thought. Welp, I guess that's it, I'm dead. My character by the way I remember now Is out in the NW vast open plains, but i think far enough away from any major conflict point. I see red text appear on the left side of the screen as i am still on " Please Wait." " Your leg is in pain, your leg is broken, etc" So, finally after what feels like half a decade because my computer is not up to scruff, I finally get in and the black fades. It takes a while to adjust and stutters a lot. When I finally can see clearly, I notice i am indeed in the middle of a field. I'm laying prone as if I have been knocked down. I look around me and see two, yes two V3S driving around me in circles, as if to taunt me. One was green, the other was gray. I talk over the mic " Well damn. Isn't this some bad luck."  The green one charges at me and the gray one knocks into him a moment before his front end would hit me and they veer off into circles again. I can't tell. Are they on the same team or just fucking around with me? The green one charges at me again, this time it seems he isn't stopping. I roll to one side. A faint. I quickly roll back to the other side as the car starts turning the way I originally had rolled to and missed me by an inch. I crouch up and get my gun out. He's turning around. He's coming again... The gray truck is not coming to my rescue this time. I take aim. I say to him over the mic " I guess I'll see you in hell, buddy." I take a shot directly at the driver only moments before his front end smacks into my skull at a high velocity and rips it open. You are dead. If i killed him or not, I don't know. I kind of doubt it as i did not see a blood spray on his person the split second before he crashed into me, but oh well.

That last part kind of sounds like something out of a movie, but oddly enough it all actually happened this way. I find it quite wierd to be immediately found by two players only seconds, literally seconds after loading in. Did they somehow teleport to me? Or is it just all mad considence they were out here, driving their V3s on that field. Hacks? Considence? I'm not really angry either way as i died from something completely out of my control. My Computer is pretty bad so I tend to avoid conflict and if i meet players I'll be just passive / friendly simply because I don't really have the performance to put up a solid fight.

I once logged out inside a house in the middle of nowhere. When I logged in the next day, there was someone in the house killing me as I logged in. Shit happens.

If it seems too unlikely to happen, it probably is. Hackers on the other hand exist in abundance.

All that, buy one thing that rang true for me. Sometimes, typically when I log in for the first time of the day, it logs me into the server and I don't have the black screen 45 sec delay. Then, if the server resets or I log out and back in, I get the typical "spawning in xx sec" message, but that is followed by a black 'please wait' screen that also takes 45 secs or so. What triggers the black screen, and are you always vulnerable during this loading stage?

If it can possibly be helped logging out somewhere hidden is the best bet. Try using cover such as bushes or trees, logging into a server when you're in an open field is just begging to be KoS.

If for some reason im playing on a public server and i know i was logged out in a questionable area due to a server reboot or DC issue, i just log into an empty server and move to a safer location then pick the server i wish to play on.

DayZ is all about opportunity and i have been killed logging in on occasion and have also killed others whom have logged on right in front of me.

I do prefer private shards as it minimizes people logging in around me(server hopping) and cuts down on the hacker shenanigans.

Edited by Volcanogod
  • Like 1

What the trucks were doing is referred to as "The Malachi crunch". It's a term coined by the Malachi brothers during a demolition derby in the T.V. show Happy Days. This was where the two brothers would circle their victim (much like an Eagle stalking prey) before ramming him from both sides. Don't worry though, the Fonz made it out ok, much unlike yourself.

The more you know...

• Like 2