Sign in to follow this  
Striker2237

Family member can't play on same computer.

So I have been playing the standalone for a good bit and my dad wanted to try it so he bought a copy on his account, problem is for some reason he is only able to use my character......is this normal? Are we doing something wrong here? 

logging out in steam, then logging in with another steam account...allows two people here to use two separate characters on same machine.

the character (i.e. equipment/clothes) you see at main screen i think are representative of whoever played last on the machine, not necessarily who is currently logged into steam. But once you join server...it will be under the character associated with  that steam account

• Like 1

Dont know if related or not, but my brother had 2 accounts with dayz and he had to download TWO clients to play on the second properly.

They should sort the multiple account/character system soon.

logging out in steam, then logging in with another steam account...allows two people here to use two separate characters on same machine.

the character (i.e. equipment/clothes) you see at main screen i think are representative of whoever played last on the machine, not necessarily who is currently logged into steam. But once you join server...it will be under the character associated with  that steam account

He did log in after I logged out, even restarted the machine to make sure it logged me out but it STILL won't let him play

He did log in after I logged out, even restarted the machine to make sure it logged me out but it STILL won't let him play

Tell him to buy a pc for you, problem solved.

Double post for some strange reason. How does one delete a post?

Edited by Scrubbie_McNoob

just checked it again right now.

could use two steam accounts on same dayz server fine (using single install of dayz through steam)

the character name at the main menu stays the same regardless of what steam account i was logged in as, but in-game it was different characters.

I'd be dying to hear if you get this sorted. I want to get a copy for my kids to play on my wife's laptop but I installed and played it on her machine on a rainy day on our vacation under my account. I would have guessed it would be easy to do what you're trying to do. 

(edit) Oh good, that would explain why my guy was called Cindy when he was in mexico. 

Edited by BCBasher

Okay, I'll have him log in under his account and see if it still spawns in with my guy. Thanks for the help everyone! 

Well turns out you guys were right and it works! Thanks again for clarifying how it doesn't change the character and only displays the last one used, before I go here I have one more question. Does it have a chance to harm you if you eat deer steaks? I shot a deer yesterday and haven't cooked them yet......