Zoop

Admin abuse - What you need to know

Zoop, is admin able to locate vehicles (heli for example) on the map on the last save point?

Zoop, is admin able to locate vehicles (heli for example) on the map on the last save point?.

Nope. Map hack for that to locate it or a UI hack to show players.

Details of camps/tents are saved on the hive per server.

Ok, so we rob helicopter. After 2 mins we got session lost and server restart. After restart it was passworded 5 mins. We connect and see heli after 5 mins with players who we kill later near heli.

I suppose they password server to locate heli with map hack with admin support?

Am i right?

Ok, so we rob helicopter. After 2 mins we got session lost and server restart. After restart it was passworded 5 mins. We connect and see heli after 5 mins with players who we kill later near heli.

I suppose they password server to locate heli with map hack with admin support?

Am i right?

Maybe they didn't use hacks to find it. If they were around the map they could have found it and restarted so it would return to the last place it was saved? They wont need the map hacks for that.

If the server was locked for 5 minutes after the restart to get the chopper back it doesn't sound good for them. Did you manage to get any proof? Videos, screenshots or anything would help substantiate your case here. Otherwise just advise people what to do. Try contacting the server admin.

Edited by SumoS

Zoop...you really need to learn how to read. You ask for any recommendations for alterations and yet you flat out ignore the ones people have been telling you about. Such as calling all players "ungrateful" while defending every admin giving them a pass to do whatever they want. I have seen far too many posts on the Ban Appeals forum where admins flat out admit to their own admin abuse simply because they failed to read and follow the rules to believe that this thread has any validation whatsoever. This thread does not deserve to be stickied for the simple fact that it accuses and calls out one group of people while defending another.

You could have made a post that was less of an attack on the players and more of a statement of facts. Instead it is all opinion and butthurt and somehow a moderator in their infinite wisdom decided to sticky it. I am not sure why since it does not state or accomplish anything that isnt already done by another stickied thread in the proper forum.

• Like 1

I just want to say hello to NL 4 server admin (hosted by [soH]). Admin Legendary - i enjoy how you rule the server. :trollface: Helicopter belongs to you always. I understand.

Wait, Vertisce is that guy who quoted the entire OP, missed the entire point of the post, then added random 'insights' in red beneath every point in the OP, right?

I would respond to your initial post in this thread and make nice little yellow counter-posts beneath all your red posts, but I simply do not have the time to do something like that. I'm a university student and I'm pretty busy just trying not to drop out.

You clearly missed the point of this thread, Vertisce, as I told you before. This thread is not here as a cover for abusive admins, and I haven't seen a single abusive admin point to this thread as a defence of his practices yet. I honestly don't see any way in which an abusive admin can use this thread as a cover for his admin abuse.

Now, I'm not going to continue responding to your conspiracy posts when all you're doing is screaming about some kind of malicious agenda hidden in the OP, when there is nothing malicious about it. Go troll elsewhere.

That said, the OP needs a bit of an update, because the way in which server reporting works has changed entirely since the OP was written. It's something I'll still get around to, but as I said before, I'm pretty busy with university. Time is a luxury at the moment. Every second I waste by responding to your conspiracy theory posts is one that I could have put towards actually redoing the entire OP.

Edited by Zoop

Wait, Vertisce is that guy who quoted the entire OP, missed the entire point of the post, then added random 'insights' in red beneath every point in the OP, right?

the piont of the thread was missed by you actually.

post would have been way more productive with all your name calling and nerd raging left out.

no way should this have ever been stickied in its current form.

• Like 1

There, I've rewritten the OP. Now, any further complaints or can I finally put this behind me?

Edited by Zoop
  • Like 1

That is actually a hell of a lot better. Instead of blaming people for one thing or another you took a neutral stance and educated people on what possibilities may exist and what actions should be taken before making a post on the forums.

The new OP is MUCH better!

• Like 1

Buy server

Lock server

Farm items

Never banned.

Dayz devs are a joke.

How to be a DayZ player:

Spoof GUID

Script the best weapons for yourself

Enable invisibility script

Teleport to players

Shoot players

Hey, if you can generalize, so can we.

What kills me about having an Admin Abuse Forum is that players, via scripting, can do all those thing you say Admins can't do. i.e. spawning in weapons crates, taking control of a server, warping across maps, spawning in non-DayZ weapons and vehicle. Yet as soon as an Admin shut the server down, because kaos is going on inside the server he/she paid for, it becomes Admin abuse.

I host a server, and every night, game play is ruined by people who come in with scripted weapons, or spawn in and suddenly have control of all the vehilces. Why doesn't DayZ find a way to stop the scripting, and maybe I wouldn't have to shut my server down when talking dogs and rabits show up. When whole towns start blowing up, or when one person spawns in and kills everyone in the server in a matter of second.

Stop protecting the scripters and get the admins a better way to control the jerks in their servers

What kills me about having an Admin Abuse Forum is that players, via scripting, can do all those thing you say Admins can't do. i.e. spawning in weapons crates, taking control of a server, warping across maps, spawning in non-DayZ weapons and vehicle. Yet as soon as an Admin shut the server down, because kaos is going on inside the server he/she paid for, it becomes Admin abuse.

I host a server, and every night, game play is ruined by people who come in with scripted weapons, or spawn in and suddenly have control of all the vehilces. Why doesn't DayZ find a way to stop the scripting, and maybe I wouldn't have to shut my server down when talking dogs and rabits show up. When whole towns start blowing up, or when one person spawns in and kills everyone in the server in a matter of second.

Stop protecting the scripters and get the admins a better way to control the jerks in their servers

You might be fine, but other admins are not. Some named "Hurricane" for instance didn't lock his server, but happily kicked anyone who entered. Started a thread about it here but it hasn't been approved in two weeks...

I too hate scripters, but there are abusive admins who get almost the same advantage as scripters (minus the non-legit weapons)

You might be fine, but other admins are not. Some named "Hurricane" for instance didn't lock his server, but happily kicked anyone who entered. Started a thread about it here but it hasn't been approved in two weeks...

I too hate scripters, but there are abusive admins who get almost the same advantage as scripters (minus the non-legit weapons)

Agreed, there are bad apples in all of the circles but this post outlines what server admins have at their disposal. Over time the bad admins will be culled or follow the next fad.

Those people that exploit the system should be reported in the complaints section or server general.

Admin abuse on US 2734. Get a chopper fixed up and then a bus rolls up and 5 guys start shooting at us and we get away. within the next 1 minute a server restart message pops up and then a minute after that the server goes down. We go back in and the chopper we saved is gone. The Restart time of the sever was 2042 gmt and the server restart message was at 2041 gmt. Absolutely ridiculous that people are so childish.

I am curious about instant admin bans. It seems there are some admins that ban everyone that logs in so they can keep the server private without breaking any rules and passwording it. I have logged onto at least 4 servewrs and was insta banned by an admin for no reason. I know there was no reason because I had never been on the server before. I was trying a few servers to find one that had a decent ping and wasn't crap and gave my low FPS. I have 2 main servers I play on now because I'm scared of the dark, but when my servers are down or not updated yet, I have to find a server to play on. So I have to live in fear of spawning with no gear on the coast, dying upon server entry or insta admin ban.

Server rules should be beefed up so admins cannot abuse players and essentially make a server private. As for the loss of gear and server deaths- the game is in alpha so I can wait for those, but admins that are jerks should be punished. I suggest tar and or feathers.

Well, I dont agree with you by saying " We host the servers for you, not for us " this is in fact simply wrong.

You do host it for yourself, to have a server to play on, with the settings you prefer and where you can kick/ban hackers by yourself.

Every admin who says something else is simply a liar, I am hosting many different gameservers reaching from CS:S over COD to Minecraft, and i would never claim to do that only for the community - you host it for yourself and nobody else ( even though you might be interested in other players joining your server ).

Though I still believe that there are some "legal" admins who aren't abusing their rights and possibilities as admins, I really have to say that there are too many abusing admins.

I played with 3 friends today, on the first server everyone but 3 people got kicked off the server, they seemed to be wanting to be alone ( US 907 ), later they put a password on it, and even later they removed it ( about 7-9 hours after kicking everyone but these 3 players ). after that we were searching for another server and found one ( sadly i forgot the name, but it was also a US server ), when raiding the small airfield at balota we managed to "lock" 3 players in the glasstower, we killed 2 of them and managed to kill a 4th one wo seemed to try to help them, shortly after that we managed to kill the last of the 3 ppl group - aaaaand the server restarted. So far we didn't wonder, restarts happen. When we got back on the server we noticed that the 3 killed people of the tower were the only ones already back and the server and when we logged in the 3 people in the tower were back alive, the 4th one didnt show up again. We had a hard fight with the towermen - now that they knew our positions, but we managed to kill them again, but when the last one died - guess what - a restart again. We though decided to join again and it was the same situation as before, the 3 towermen were back in life and our positions were resetted to where we stood before, but this time they managed to hit one of our group so we decided to recover.

Resumé of a normal day playing DayZ: 2 of 3 Servers didnt work as they should, one used obviously his adminrights to be alone with his friends and collect better equip, and i suspect the other one not to run clean too.

The third server said [GMT-8] but it was deepest night when there should have been around 4 PM.

So i wouldnt say "most" admins are "legal", i'd rather say pretty few admins are running their server "legal".

May I'm havin alot of badluck with my serverchoice, but in 2 weeks of playing DayZ almost every day was like today.

Greetings.

(P.S: There seem to be many servers where only 1 player can join and every other player trying to joing is getting kicket - we noticed that for example at DE 55 where always 1 of our group was able to join, while the other ones got the "you've been removed from the game"-message.

Sorry for misspelling or wrong grammar - I'm neither british nor american )

Lots of admins insta ban to keep their server private for them and their buddies. They can't password them because it is against the rules so they bend the rules. However, no one seems to give a damn. I have seen no effort to reel in these morons and make them stop. Admins ban instantly for no reason, they kick players that kill them and restart servers over and over to spawn helis. But nothing is ever done. DayZ is pretty cool, but not cool enough for me to put up with admin abuse and the DayZ folks just ignore it.

Lots of admins insta ban to keep their server private for them and their buddies. They can't password them because it is against the rules so they bend the rules. However, no one seems to give a damn. I have seen no effort to reel in these morons and make them stop. Admins ban instantly for no reason, they kick players that kill them and restart servers over and over to spawn helis. But nothing is ever done. DayZ is pretty cool, but not cool enough for me to put up with admin abuse and the DayZ folks just ignore it.

Go rent your own server, see what happens to you when you get a decent population on there and you have to deal with a bunch of goofs screaming at you in the lobby on a bi-weekly basis after 4-5 hours of everyone's game time is routinely deleted by a hacker. I think we've had 2 weekends since the start of August that haven't been interrupted by hackers insta-killing everyone or moving every vehicle on the map. Not to mention, half the squads we run into just ALT-F4 to extent that if we aren't synchronising head shots on them we believe they'll more than likely just jump off the server.

I bet you anything a lot of the admins out there are kicking people just so they can actually use the server they're paying for. We're seeing as many hacks and Alt-F4ing players as we are people who play fair, and that's including the new players who are unarmed or unaware you can escape the game to survive.

If you think admins are just going to pay to put up with the hacking as it is at the moment then I don't really know what I can say to you, apart from that you are far, far too optimistic to expect everyone to just take it in the ass and keep their servers up.

Well I agree on DayZ gotting full of hackers, cheaters and general unfair players, but that doesn't justify hopping on the bandwaggon and also start breaking the rules.

If you want to ban unfair players (hacked weapon users and combat D/C'ers), at least mention that in the servers MOTD and make some BEC auto-messages every 30-45 minutes telling your playerbase about it. If they keep playing unfair (disconnecting during combat to save their life when shot at or using hacked gear), ban them. But don't go ahead and ban before anything happened.

We also have to deal with a lot of cheaters on our server. Since we have more strict rules regarding hacked stuff and tell the players that rule frequently, it got better in my opinion. Granted, I still find guys connecting with golden revolvers, AS-50 TWS or even 100-round Beta-C Mags, but most keep playing fair and this made the atmosspehre on the whole server a lot better for all players.

If you expect people to play fair, you also have to encourage them by doing the same and also by only baning people after they had at least the chance to stop doing what they did wrong. Baning people just because they joined isn't really fair either. If you want to have a private server, get a private hive.

Edited by System98

I am curious about instant admin bans. It seems there are some admins that ban everyone that logs in so they can keep the server private without breaking any rules and passwording it. I have logged onto at least 4 servewrs and was insta banned by an admin for no reason. I know there was no reason because I had never been on the server before. I was trying a few servers to find one that had a decent ping and wasn't crap and gave my low FPS. I have 2 main servers I play on now because I'm scared of the dark, but when my servers are down or not updated yet, I have to find a server to play on. So I have to live in fear of spawning with no gear on the coast, dying upon server entry or insta admin ban.

Server rules should be beefed up so admins cannot abuse players and essentially make a server private. As for the loss of gear and server deaths- the game is in alpha so I can wait for those, but admins that are jerks should be punished. I suggest tar and or feathers.

Server rules don't need beefing up at all, because admins aren't allowed to ban you for no good reason. What needs to be beefed up is the enforcement of the rules.

• Like 2

Pay for the Servers then dictate on how they are ran. Just my 2 cent.

Private Hive for the win :)

So let me get this straight... I pay for a server but I still have to deal with pricks, a**holes, knobs, and the like because if I kick/ban them then my server will be shut down? Since when did this become the norm?

Edited by JerryAtricks
  • Like 1

Just do what most of us did; switch to a private hive. It works much better than a public hive server and you don't have to deal with the ridiculous restrictions the DayZ devs put on server hosts.