I see things getting a bit ugly in the announcements forum lol

I've got no issue with Rocket having a break, doing whatever he wants, it's his party after all.

It just seems a bit strange that we have total radio silence suddenly.

Is there any official word on what's going on ?

Just a "Oh Rockets not around but he'll be back soon?"

Something ? Anything ? I see the server ticket system has been implemented... so stuff is happening ....

Busy, still alive though, or at least he does a good job at pretending.

He's over at my house, making pancakes for me.

iHax, have you had him in your basement all this time?

and oh hai strategos :) o/

I hope we'll get the update today as planned. But meh, I have no problem with Rocket keeping his own timetables.

can't really understand all this pressure people is putting on Rocket's shoulder. Seriously just play the game and update when a new build is ready. Trying to rush things is the best way to screw this game. I hope Rockets has some people around him to make him understand that some kids will always complain, no matter what.

Thats odd, I'd thought that would be big news, there seems to be an absence of a certain ornithological piece. So .... what's the word? :D

Give the man some bloody peace? It's ready when it's ready.

I think it's funny that anybody thinks that rocket cares about anything that people say about the patch being late. Who gives a shit? It's out when it's out. And Rocket is a big boy, I don't think any goofy little finger-painters on the internet calling him out is going to bother him.

Dammit Lukio, BoggyB. I won't stand for this nonsense.

Anyways, I am a little sad to see it's been a week with no release. But whatever. 1.7.1.5 is fairly playable, so until the update is ready, I can wait.

Well I can understand why people get frustrated, announcing a patch for a specific day does raise people expectations a bit.

And I think if there is one thing this forum shows (apart from extreme retardation) it's that people are passionate about his game! Or maybe obsessive is the word ?

I'm waiting patiently for the patch but i do have to add that the current community as it has grown can't handle a deadline estimate. They will rebel the moment the clock hits midnight on said patch day in any time zone. Just don't do it, just say its coming and surprise everyone when it suddenly hits. More ups to be had.

Or maybe obsessive is the word ?

Bingo! :P

I'm content with what we have now, other than leg breaking, it's pretty damn playable as it stands.

Besides, the longer the closed tests go on, the less there will be for people to bitch about when the update does get released. I'll wait as long as it takes, and I'll have fun playing the current build the whole time! ;)

Dammit Lukio' date=' BoggyB. I won't stand for this nonsense.

Anyways, I am a little sad to see it's been a week with no release. But whatever. 1.7.1.5 is fairly playable, so until the update is ready, I can wait.

[/quote']

There currently seem to be more pressing issues than 1.7.2.

Bet he is getting ready for steam sale

Dayz is a mod, you silly man. Rocket doesn't own arma, therefore he does not get a cut of any sales.

Bet he is getting ready for steam sale

Dayz is a mod' date=' you silly man. Rocket doesn't own arma, therefore he does not get a cut of any sales.

[/quote']

you should think a bit more before replying

I suspect the silence and slow release are related to the DDOS/shitstorm of butthurt hackers. 1.7.2 is a big update, but I think there's been a bit of security work going on as well.