cash81

Direct X 11

Anyone else excited for the new renderer and the direct x 11 on its way?? Think of a world where your fps is constantly over 100 and no lag or desynch, allowing you a totally uninterupted, and fully immersive, apple-picking experience.

Also, with new sound editing youll be able to almost taste each juicy,crunchy bite as you chow down on that glorious treat you found after 15-20 attempts.

Only another year to go until beta. Dare i risk to think there might even be several varieties of apples to be picked by then?? The anticipation is killing me!! :)

• Like 1

Anyone else excited for the new renderer and the direct x 11 on its way?? Think of a world where your fps is constantly over 100 and no lag or desynch, allowing you a totally uninterupted, and fully immersive, apple-picking experience.

Also, with new sound editing youll be able to almost taste each juicy,crunchy bite as you chow down on that glorious treat you found after 15-20 attempts.

Only another year to go until beta. Dare i risk to think there might even be several varieties of apples to be picked by then?? The anticipation is killing me!! :)

Definite sarcasm, however, some explanation for you:

DX11 is not coming immediately. It may be a few months, after the renderer is added, before we see DX11 implementation. At first we will have DX9 and, according to devs, we will only see a 40% increase in fps at first, and then more performance gains as kinks are worked out and new tech is added.

As a recount:

2 months approx. for renderer (DX9)

2-3 months approx. for DX11 to be added after DX9.

Total: 4-5 months for full renderer effect

Edited by SFRGaming
  • Like 1

@ Cash81: Harsh, harsh :D

I am indeed looking forward to any form of graphical updates, would DX11 improve performance if you have a relatively recent GPU?  < I'm a n00b on GPU drivers and performance, if pretty pictures appear then I'm happy.

What I would really really love to see with GPU updates, and possibly map tweaking is very dense forrests, thick trees for nasty Zed's and Bandi's to hide behind, or for me to dissapear into when I hear gun shots around Zelenogorsk.

Edited by Velenon

DX11 is not coming immediately. It may be a few months, after the renderer is added, before we see DX11 implementation. At first we will have DX9 and, according to devs, we will only see a 40% increase in fps at first, and then more performance gains as kinks are worked out and new tech is added.

As a recount:

And after W10 goes retail they will support DX12 offcouse, but let's wait DX11 and W10 1st ;)

As a recount:

According to the Quarterly Report, they have decided to skip DX9 and go straight to DX11 ... with DX12 support implemented at a later date.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223250-quarterly-status-report-quarter-1-2015/

• Like 1

Lol sarcasm a side, i am looking forward to the new renderer. Any fps boost will be welcomed. And once i can turn a few more graphic options up a bit it'll really ad to the game. And not just the apple designs of course! :)

btw, just a quick question as I haven't bothered searching, when and where can we get the win 10 free upgrade?

You can download the ISO here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

If I recall, for the time being, it will only install on a machine with UEFI.

This is beta code, so do not use it on a production machine. The full release will be towards the end of the year.

• Like 1

The full release will be towards the end of the year.

is that when the timer starts for upgrade free from win7 or win 8? if so, I'll just wait til then

is that when the timer starts for upgrade free from win7 or win 8? if so, I'll just wait til then

Correct, when we have the full release of W10, MS will be offering free upgrades for select customers.

• Like 1

According to the Quarterly Report, they have decided to skip DX9 and go straight to DX11 ... with DX12 support implemented at a later date.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223250-quarterly-status-report-quarter-1-2015/

Ahh, thanks for the correction. Mis-read the report initially.