TBK434

Banned for Intimidation.

Siding with the players and Human on this one. Even if they were making map notes, you can't ban for that, unless it was flagrant note spam blotting out entire locations for no reason or lewd/hate speech of some kind on the labels. You heard a lot of stories and talk about a group of people, and you banned them without personally witnessing or confirming they were actually breaking any legitimate rules.

You say you run a respectable server, then back up that statement, come to your senses and unban these folks. I am not even sure they would want to come back at this point.

On my server I only ban with absolute certainty. Just the other day I saw a guy with my own eyes teleport all over my head. I was in a vehicle, going 60, he was on foot, yet he somehow kept getting in front of me, hundreds of meters at a time. I didn't ban him immediately, I referred to the script logs, and there it was, teleport.sqf. I could have been desynching like a mofo and driving against a tree, I wanted that second hard fact.

Have a little restraint, take a breath and do the detective work. The fact that you're not throwing big wafty piles of server logs against our faces in this thread tells us all you banned on hearsay and circumstance. Move on from it.

Still waiting for confirmation from admins on this matter. (on this forum)

Update: Weaser from the Valhalla clan has decided to lift their ban after two days. He says on his post, "It was cobain that put all the bad stuff about [Val] all over the map because his name was in it. All we ask is your team shows a little respect , None of my guys were in NW airfield and the only reason your team got banned was the threat of the server nuke."

I'm glad the ban will be lifted, but there's still the issue of server logs. There were no server logs shown to us and it doesn't seem like they've even looked at them, themselves. They're only assuming that it was him because it had his name in it. Cobain got a few people angry with his joke about it being him sniping people repeatedly in Cherno, so I'm assuming it was one of those people who put it up, or perhaps one of the people he'd killed on the airfield that night? Regardless this allows people who might have a grudge against us a way to get us banned without us having actually done anything wrong, since the admin are unwilling to look at the server logs and are taking anonymous posts that could have been made by anyone as hard evidence. :/

I hope that in the future the admins of this server will check for evidence before assuming and banning.

Assumptions are a dangerous game.

"random crashes (such as pc over heat power outage and etc"

Ya right

"random crashes (such as pc over heat power outage and etc"

Ya right

Yeah, right, they CAN and WILL happen. It's not hard to overheat your PC.

Some people don't have god-like gaming PC's with 12 different fans...

Then perhaps they should turn down the settings

This.

If your computer is overheating, something is wrong. Period.

Thermal shutdowns should NEVER HAPPEN. Do you WANT to blow your CPU/GPU?

It's just one of many many lame excuses hackers come up with try to wiggle out of being caught.

The fact that all this is occuring so far north is a clear sign that it's bull@#$

if his system overheated and crashed that much the chances he'd even get that far in the game while gathering good loot is slim to none.

It's just one of many many lame excuses hackers come up with try to wiggle out of being caught.

The fact that all this is occuring so far north is a clear sign that it's bull@#$

if his system overheated and crashed that much the chances he'd even get that far in the game while gathering good loot is slim to none.

Haha, what? My computer overheats from time to time up north. Does that mean I am a hacker? I am so sorry that I can't afford to liquid cool my computer like you. Plus from what has been said, THESE GUYS AREN'T HACKING. If you read the entire thread, you might realize that. So jblackrupert, I am not saying you should kill yourself, but you might want to just go ahead and end your life :-/ (I am totally ok with being reported for this, come at me).

Also admins can't ban people for disrespecting them. Val is obviously a bunch of butthurt pussies who cry every time that someone pokes fun at them. Seriously, get it together Val. You have no evidence that it was them, and even if you did, you still haven't shown your server logs. I absolutely hate admins who feel entitled to do whatever they want. When you were given the files to use on your server, you agreed to use the banhammer for hate speech and ACTUAL hacking, none of this alleged bullshit that you keep claiming. Val, respect is something that is earned. You are not entitled to it. Tbh you are probably insecure in your masculinity and probably drive a Hummer to make up for it. Your clan probably does suck. Whoever is flaming you is just dropping truth bombs left and right. They deserve a medal imo.

:heart:

Why is this thread still a thing, computers overheat - especially laptops. When you don't know what you are talking about please go sit in the corner and remain quiet.

Though I may not agree with Neo's statement of Valhalla being a "bunch of butt-hurt pussies" I cannot be a judge of their character other then what I've learned on this thread (since I've never played on their servers). Neo is correct in saying that people cannot be banned for disrespecting a clan and them being angry about it - it's against DayZMod Policy.

Absolutely no evidence has been provided by Valhalla in the couple of days that this thread has been up - that tells me they don't have any evidence it was them period.

They were banned because someone put markers on the map and mentioned the names of one of their members, any player on the server could have done it but they immediately banned this group of people without any forethought.

My opinion of Valhalla has been set on a group of servers I will never play on because they do not know how to run a community in this game, do not know how to abide by the rules of the game (or are just ignorant to them) and do not know how to run a community period since they ban people on heresay.

I did read the entire thread, it's complete bulls#$.

They got caught and their lame excuse [overtheating] combined with the tale of what happened just confirms it.

Thats the thing about spotting hackers. It's not always a single detail that stands out

it's a combination of several and they reason they use for what people saw.

Though I may not agree with Neo's statement of Valhalla being a "bunch of butt-hurt pussies" I cannot be a judge of their character other then what I've learned on this thread (since I've never played on their servers). Neo is correct in saying that people cannot be banned for disrespecting a clan and them being angry about it - it's against DayZMod Policy.

I like to be blunt.

I did read the entire thread' date=' it's complete bulls#$.

[/quote']

Oh, I see, you must be illiterate then, because the easiest way to spot a hacker is to see it in the damn server logs or with your own two eyes.

"Butt-hurt" Hackers use that term a lot when caught.

Server logs are nice but profiling works in games and real life.

certain types of people just tend to share the same behaviors

and tend to make very similar excuses.

Unless the kid just has a shitty computer which isn't a crime. Ok I will be sure to racially profile from now on. Thank you for the words of wisdom

gotta love internet warriors these posts are hilarious don't play in our server its full nearly 24/7 its a big loss to us.

These excuses are sad disconnecting to make room lol ? No one here is but hurt except you guys typing 3 paragraphs to make a point have fun trolling the banned forum section go play in your sacred servers.

Unless the kid just has a shitty computer which isn't a crime. Ok I will be sure to racially profile from now on. Thank you for the words of wisdom

I lol'd. When was race involved in this?

Jblackrupert was talking about how profiling is used in real life. I was trying to get a point across. I failed. Whatever. He is still dumb as fuck.

Neo why dont you suck my dick fuckhead , go pay for your own server dumbfuck but what you cant afford one because your whole family lives on food stamps you probably hacked with them.

why is it everytime a server admin bans someone for thretning to nuke our server we are the bad guys , we have had this server for a while with no problems, Im sick of my team getting bashed on these forums.

Neo why dont you suck my dick fuckhead ' date=' go pay for your own server dumbfuck but what you cant afford one because your whole family lives on food stamps you probably hacked with them.

[hr']

why is it everytime a server admin bans someone for thretning to nuke our server we are the bad guys , we have had this server for a while with no problems, Im sick of my team getting bashed on these forums.

User Banned

Wow, I like how you look for respect from others, yet have no respect for others.

You don't deserve to own a server, clearly.

I thought the main issue here was the accusations of hacking and accusations of making threats O_o; People have computer issues, it's just a fact of life. If you're really so concerned with people disconnecting at all ever, I am visiting my family over the summer while college is out. A lot of times I need to get up and do something for or with them which may take 5 minutes or an hour. It just depends. Sometimes I get invites from other friends to play something else and I decide to leave and then come back later.

Anyway, it looks like nobody's been unbanned yet. There was another reply on the post I left on their clan forums by site admin Mike that says "Your goal is to make us look bad clearly since anyone else would have gone to another server and moved on. We could careless you and your friends have shown your integrity level by the threats of nuking our server."

I'm not out to make anyone look bad, but when this could affect us being able to play on other servers I want to make sure that we set the records straight.

Aaaaand so far they've still refused to show any logs. :/