Sign in to follow this  
ASTINvlogs

Community idea of Bandit

Just curious of what the community thinks a " Bandit " is.

I attempted to create a poll but alas. It didn't work.

SO,

is it the player who shoots on sight.

Tortures and cons you.

Kills you period

Bambi.

I have my own reasons for slaying players. Just want to know what most here think a bandit is and where I fall into the bandit spectrum lol

Mods, I searched didn't find much on a definition for this question. Move accordingly.

RvR

Edited by ASTINvlogs

I consider a bandit to be someone who holds people up, takes people hostage, ect. People who KOS, I call murderers.

I have way more respect for someone who robs me of my gear rather than shoots me in the head from a rooftop. I don't even get annoyed when someone robs me or takes me hostage, because at least they had the decency to not shoot me for no reason. 

• Like 1

Bandit: robbing people, possibly killing them after

killing bambis is being a jerk

kos is people that don't want to die

A bandit is a player with a humanity of 0 or less.

WMvHAS3.png

• Like 3

Everyone you kill in a yt video.

Bonus points if the title goes "shot a bandit @ 950m"

Edited by halp

Robbing people, torturing, possibly killing after said interactions. Kos is completely different from bandit behavior although some confuse these actions.

Everyone you kill in a yt video.

Bonus points if the title goes "shot a bandit @ 950m"

^^^^^^ this also, "i just shot 5 bandits (bambis) in elektro guys I need back up we got another bandit (bambi) coming from the east road" Edited by BroskyBro

To me a bandit is someone whose kills, irrespective who, how or when.

Bandit: holds people up for loot, with the possible murder afterwards

Killing freshspawns: you are an asshole without a doubt

Kos'ers: you could be paranoid, bored, or a dick.

• Like 1

To me a bandit is someone whose kills, irrespective who, how or when.

Friendly o' Sula.

ITT: Seems anyone who is not you is a bandit 

But congratz on not letting a tired old popular question go un answered for a few days 

Be sure to start location appreciation threads they seem to keep the GTA forums fresh and active 

XoxoxoX  
mel

• Like 1

To me a bandit, is someone who will hold you up and take your gear, or something they needed at that time. I've been held up once and the guy just nicked some food and water. Bandits, at least the guys that do it properly, are essential to the game and reflect a situation that would happen in a wartorn/apocalyptic scenario, even if a murder occurs at the end of the hold up.

A KoS'er is largely just a dick. But, there are also people who just get spooked and fire off rounds because they don't want to lose their toon. Frankly, I think that "spooked KoS" is going to rocket as "gearing up" is getting harder to do in 'DayZ'.

But, the worst type of 'DayZ' player, IMO, are snipers. They are mostly just clowns, happy to gun down other players for no reason other than to do so. If bandits represent something that would happen in an apocalyptic scenario, snipers don't in any way, shape or form. The end of the world and someone decides to be a sniper? I've always just thought that that was weird.

• Like 1

At just over 1600 hours in game I have played several types of bandit. I am mostly a lone wolf and after my KOS phase I found it more fun to hold people up and just rob them now.

Uselly I spot someone I will stalk them untill they are in a moment of vulnerability looting or eating drinking. I tell them get on the ground and drop all their gear. If they comply I make them crawl into a room and lock them inside and take everything I have room for. If not I gun them down. Most people are good sports and play along. It's actually very fun for me.