Sign in to follow this  
SMoss

Fanart Friday - 03 Apr 2015

Afternoon gang! Chris Torchia has decided on the first winner of his Fanart Friday contest:

"dayzprint" by Bleckplump:

PFn20d7gBKBEJVKYbsOOFF29TPnZT5.jpg

Our first pick for #FanArtFriday. Upon seeing this piece, one of our designers, Martin, exclaimed "would hang that on my wall" It certainly would spice up the bland walls in our office a bit...

Bleckplump can be found on twitter.

"Moon, Chow, Kiwo, and Dimitri taking a break" by InVenatrix:

Dnfzxrur7kcOIYpkZvSHzY7Bm6P7Mw.jpg

She writes:

“I’m a 22 year old concept artist and illustrator and I am a huge fan of DayZ and the community surrounding it...A huge part of what I think makes DayZ special is player interaction and how heavily it influences the player’s experience. I love the storytelling opportunities this game delivers and love seeing the product of those who really know how to utilize it...I did a scene set at Rify; one of my favourite places in Chernarus, and wanted to include some the characters (content creators) that really inspire me and help fuel my love for DayZ and its community."

This piece reflects real tallent and a good eye for composing a scene. Check out her DeviantArt page and website for more or follow InVentrix on Twitter.

DayZ/Chernarus themed cast metal coins by Alan_Smithee:

P4fze1akP8oIP7YjBq4AFFYbMHzQZ2.jpg

This is just really awesome. I wouldn't even know how to go about making a cast or working with metal.

Alan_Smithee writes:

"In the summer a couple of friends and I plan to make a trip to the Czech Republic to visit the "Chernarus" area (we're from Germany, so its not that far). Among other things we want to plant a GeoCache there and use this coin(s) as a custom trackable GeoCoin. Eventually I want to make more Coins themed with other famous chernarussian sights to have a whole collection."

Make sure to take a look at the process he used to make the coins here.

Honorable Mention:

Trust by Glitch Bakers:

This DayZ Live Action film was a great effort by Glitch Bakers. We really loved the location and gear which was chosen for the DayZ-inspired film. Its really spot-on. While the story is, perhaps, predictable, the overall production must have been a massive undertaking and I'd love to see more from this team.

- Chris / Associate Art Director

• Like 11

Congratulations to all of the winners.

I particularly liked the medal because of the work that goes into producing anything of the sort, I've scrutinised the image, it is very well done and fit for production.  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

WOW, so much Talent! All deserved to win, must have been hard to pick a winner. I like them all, even some of the entries not here. Well done to all participants.

I love Art, even if I suck at it myself, it's that inability that entitles me to really appreciate a good piece, I'm really looking forward to see what the next batch of Artists come up with :)