Sign in to follow this  
john5220

Question about Steam Workshop in DayZ modding

Its easily the biggest reason I bought DayZ. I had a feeling I may not end up liking the game but bought it anyway because it  was $30 at the time.

Do you think the steam workshop would allow a Left 4 Dead style of game with DayZ?

What I mean is removal of survival aspects of the game no need for things like food etc. Essentially turning it away from a survival simulator (I have to do it in real life and its not much fun so yeah can't spend time in a video game aswell)

I am looking for more the casual experience due to limited time I have for gaming etc. Looking for more an American map with an American city etc.

I am assuming the steam workshop mods would allow for all of this just like it does for Counter Strike GO and Left 4 Dead etc?

Its easily the biggest reason I bought DayZ. I had a feeling I may not end up liking the game but bought it anyway because it  was $30 at the time.

Do you think the steam workshop would allow a Left 4 Dead style of game with DayZ?

What I mean is removal of survival aspects of the game no need for things like food etc. Essentially turning it away from a survival simulator (I have to do it in real life and its not much fun so yeah can't spend time in a video game aswell)

I am looking for more the casual experience due to limited time I have for gaming etc. Looking for more an American map with an American city etc.

I am assuming the steam workshop mods would allow for all of this just like it does for Counter Strike GO and Left 4 Dead etc?

Expect a ton of vitriol from the folks who think anything associated with dayZ must fall inline with rockets' original idea and making a mod that changes that is some kind of cardinal sin.. 

As to your question... it's a big unknown. modding is intended to be 'in' at some point. the extent tho which we can mod the actual core game-play, Steam workshop compatibility, and how easy or difficult using mods will be has yet to be confirmed as far as i know. tbh at this stage when the groundwork is still being laid out i wouldn't be surprised if very little work or planing for the actual details of user mods has even been done by the devs. it's not (and to be honest shouldn't be) a priority when the core of the game isn't even done and working properly yet.

• Like 1