Sign in to follow this  
ragnarbuliwyf

2 Steam accounts =/= 1 DayZ character?

So my brother bought DayZ back when it first released and we played quite a large amount of it on his profile. Recently I purchased his PC(As he was upgrading) and I bought DayZ on my own steam account.

When i logged in however I have his name (bobby) where it should be my name (Ragnar), I wasn't sure if this was a bug which is why I posted it here, is there anyway to fix this?

Pretty sure you have to uninstall it and then download DayZ again under your Steam screen name.But not 100% sure. Thats what i had to do with Arma2 that i shared with someone.

Edited by LoveAffair

Can your brother play at the same time? Are you his character? You can change your in-game name in the home screen. The program might just be remembering the previous name.

Pretty sure you have to uninstall it and then download DayZ again under your Steam screen name.But not 100% sure. Thats what i had to do with Arma2 that i shared with someone.

Yeah I did. I had wiped all his games off my account when I got the PC when I bought DayZ earlier I re-downloaded it.

Not sure what's up really :/

Can your brother play at the same time? Are you his character? You can change your in-game name in the home screen. The program might just be remembering the previous name.

No idea haven't tried. I'd assume so, we've both got different steam accounts and we both own the game. 

Edited by RagnarBuliwyf

If it is the same pc the name stays the same for all steam accounts.

U have to change as u swap between.

Won't be the same character just name

You have to change the name on the title screen. It defaults to the name of the PC.

Also, if I remember correctly, the character model displayed in the menu is the last used, and not the current stream account use.

But when you log in a server, it's your good character.

Edited by Concept2w

The character name (not steam name) is saved in the user profile for the computer. Even though you are using a different steam account, the name, last inventory, saved servers, are associated with the user on the computer, not the steam user. That is why you are seeing his name, just change it and you are fine. You aren't really using the same steam account, and won't share characters.