gannon46

the reaction to mass amounts of zeds worry me

A real zombie apocalypse wouldn't be easy

Gotta say I disagree here. Everything about zombies that makes them a threat has to be fictionalized. Either these people are very sick, meaning they should be significantly weakened by their immune response, or they are animated corpses, which introduces a whole bag of problems.

First, human bodies are in a delicate homeostasis. If our bodies stop working all sorts of gross shit happens that doesn't make it easy to chase and eat people. Dead bodies are raw meat. After a few days if nobody embalms that body it's going to do a lot more than start to stink. It's going to partially liquify, build pressure, and explode. Within a week or two the shambling corpses pretty much take care of themselves.

In the mean time you've got seriously compromised bodies with clearly totally fucked minds that have to bite through your flesh to infect you. How exactly do you even get an outbreak? Oh man, this dead looking guy is shuffling toward me, barely able to hold his own body up, I better stand still so he can bite me. No, no I don't think so.

A realistic zombie apocalypse sees patient zero in a mental ward and could be contained inside a day by the CDC if they actually managed to bite enough people for them to be aware of the contagion.

Basically you'd just lock your doors for a few days. Easy.

Edited by albinoclock

I am away for easter so I have not even had a chance to trial the new update.

However tbh I have wood just reading about it, this is game changing and this is what dayz needs! I am sure like all new improvements zombies will need to be fine tuned but now maybe we can bring the fear back! its been a while since this game got my heart pumping!

once you knew the meta game and how to gear up, survival was far too easy. Bring on less food, bring on the hordes, bring on interactions that focus on survival not who can draw faster and most of all BRING ON A TRUE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GAME!

I cannot wait to get home and see this latest update in action.

Gotta say I disagree here. Everything about zombies that makes them a threat has to be fictionalized. Either these people are very sick, meaning they should be significantly weakened by their immune response, or they are animated corpses, which introduces a whole bag of problems.

First, human bodies are in a delicate homeostasis. If our bodies stop working all sorts of gross shit happens that doesn't make it easy to chase and eat people. Dead bodies are raw meat. After a few days if nobody embalms that body it's going to do a lot more than start to stink. It's going to partially liquify, build pressure, and explode. Within a week or two the shambling corpses pretty much take care of themselves.

In the mean time you've got seriously compromised bodies with clearly totally fucked minds that have to bite through your flesh to infect you. How exactly do you even get an outbreak? Oh man, this dead looking guy is shuffling toward me, barely able to hold his own body up, I better stand still so he can bite me. No, no I don't think so.

A realistic zombie apocalypse sees patient zero in a mental ward and could be contained inside a day by the CDC if they actually managed to bite enough people for them to be aware of the contagion.

Basically you'd just lock your doors for a few days. Easy.

Yeah I agree when it comes to the type of zombies where they're just walking corpses. Those would be easy to stay away from. I'm talking more about an extreme case of rabies, where the people completely lose their minds but aren't dead. Then again though, the risk of being infected by this type of zombie kind of depends on how fast they're able to run. It also depends on how the virus could spread to the point of being out of the government's control. But basically, the zombie apocalypse I'm saying would be tricky to survive in is the type where about 3/4 of the world's population got turned into lunatics running around eating people. Any other scenario would be pretty easy to stay safe in, like you said.

Really it depends on the type of zombie, and how the infection managed to spread to the point of a pandemic.