Sign in to follow this  
Bush_Wookieing_101

Suppressor for the Mosin and Other High-Caliber Rifles?

I've recently been thinking about the next update and if suppressors would be added for most large caliber rifles in the patch after that. Not sure if there has ever been a suppressor for the Mosin in real life, but it would be pretty beneficial. Although it would be extremely overpowered regarding ghillied snipers, making them almost undetectable, it would be a pretty good attachment in my opinion. Unfortunately, if it was added it would probably need to have some sort of negative effect on accuracy, contrary to how they work in real life (for balancing purposes). Also, with the SKS, a suppressor would be great. again, not sure if there if one for it in real life, I know there is with the newer models, but the older ones I'm not sure about. I don't know if there's any info about this out there yet, but if there is, please share your facts or even your opinions on this topic.

*Yes I know this would be extremely overpowered, but with the next update, sniping is going to be MUCH harder with the zombie hordes converging on your position. Even good snipers who can move 200 yards from the position of the first shot, zombies are bound to see you and give away your position. I'm not advocating the addition of suppressors, I'm just suggesting it.*

A guy named Bush Wookieing doesn't advocate adding supressors to weapons which have no means of securing one to the rifle, but creates a thread to suggest it anyway.

...okay..

54r is a big fat supersonic round.  If you were able to find a custom-manufactured suppressor large enough to eat the gasses and managed to retrofit your Mosin to take it, it would still be loud as hell.  It would help hide your muzzle flash, though.

Edited by SgtPotatoes

I have a hard time believing they will add a suppressor to the mosin. 

If they add a suppressor to any high caliber gun then I seriously doubt it would be common as they are generally not used IRL. That being said, I wouldn't pass it by them to add it in. It would probably be for more modern rifles like the SVD or something like that.

Use AK74 with suppressor and PSO if you want to be quiet. Why would any PVP oriented player use anything else if they could have silenced high caliber weapons? DMR and AS50 wielding snipers were terrifying enough in the mod. No need to make their job any easier.

I tried the improvised suppressor on a mosin and it sounded loud as ever

Might have been a damaged bottle now that I think about it - would that make a difference?

Imo - suppressors should be for pistols and smgs only

• Like 1

Use AK74 with suppressor and PSO if you want to be quiet. Why would any PVP oriented player use anything else if they could have silenced high caliber weapons? DMR and AS50 wielding snipers were terrifying enough in the mod. No need to make their job any easier.

pso goes on the 74?

Might have been a damaged bottle now that I think about it - would that make a difference?

damaged bottle = useless.

only use pristine bottles for suppressor bottles since they degrade in effectiveness with condition rather than how newly they were made.

a damaged bottle suppressor is a 2/5 bottle suppressor. the bottle suppressor takes 6 shots from pristine. damaged/badly damaged is only worth dropping. 

a pristine suppressor bottle will give you one or two good mosin shots before becoming ruined in my experience.

the bottle suppressor is also perfect for PU scope since the reticle is just above the bottle 

Edited by Wookieenoob

pso goes on the 74?

That's funny. I asked the same question a couple weeks back because I had assumed they were incompatible. But apparently they are. So PSO is usable on AKM, AK101, AK74, but not the AK74U.

If I am spreading lies, please correct me.

That's funny. I asked the same question a couple weeks back because I had assumed they were incompatible. But apparently they are. So PSO is usable on AKM, AK101, AK74, but not the AK74U.

If I am spreading lies, please correct me.

that's correct afaik, though i only ever had a PSO a few times and those times i only had an AKM.  i do know it doesn't go on the U though (not that that makes any sense.)

I think the bottle and duct tape have to be pristine for it to be totally quiet. And also the Mosin destroys it in 1 shot so it's pretty much useless unless you've got either a lot of them or you are an amazing shot.

But yea, I think the SVD (when it is added) should be the only high caliber rifle that can have a suppressor. I don't mind if AKs have one but one semi-auto gun should have it because the SKS doesn't

• Like 1

I think the bottle and duct tape have to be pristine for it to be totally quiet. And also the Mosin destroys it in 1 shot so it's pretty much useless unless you've got either a lot of them or you are an amazing shot.

But yea, I think the SVD (when it is added) should be the only high caliber rifle that can have a suppressor. I don't mind if AKs have one but one semi-auto gun should have it because the SKS doesn't

just carry 3 pristine bottles, 1 on your gun and 2 full of water. that gives you 2 kills and 1 water bottle as a backup 

the only way you can really ghillie with a suppressed mosin is to have 2 bottles in your hi-cap

it's viable if you're surgical and not terrible and also axe zoms.

as a note you can put the suppressor on longhorn, and, amusingly:

799px-Amphibia-SD.png?version=53271dcd45

yes, that's a suppressed suppressed gun. 

Edited by Wookieenoob
  • Like 1

I don't think you know how a suppressor works in real life

They don't decrease accuracy just saying....

And no, they will never implement a suppressor on the Mosin nor the SKS.

they already did

lol

They significantly impact point of impact.

As for the improvised suppressor it should affect accuracy if the bottle is full of water.

As for the improvised suppressor it should affect accuracy if the bottle is full of water.

If the bottle had water in it the bullet wouldn't even travel 10 feet, if it did and it hit you it will just be a nasty bruise in your skin.

funniest post i've seen ever

Edited by Wookieenoob

If the bottle had water in it the bullet wouldn't even travel 10 feet, if it did and it hit you it will just be a nasty bruise in your skin.

The amount of water in a water bottle would not be enough to stop the bullet.

3514_21_18-pop-bottle-silencer.png

I never tried or ever will try using a water bottle to muffle a firearm but all of the schematics ive seen require some water in the bottle.

Unfortunately, if it was added it would probably need to have some sort of negative effect on accuracy, contrary to how they work in real life (for balancing purposes).

No

nononononononononono

That kind of talk is something that should not touch this game ever. Everything implemented should be as true to life as possible. "Balancing" beyond fixing bugs is an awful idea for this game.

omg facepalm to the max, where do you kids come from ? COD land? console world? suppressing a mosin :lol:  funniest thing ive ever heard of! please go research your weapons before suggesting such things.

Why would you be able to put the suppressor on the already suppressed .22 pistol?

Because they are testing the mechanic, it's not set in stone. As it stands right now, it is just in. 

It doesn't suppress the shot. It's loud, it doesn't change the noise of it. Those guys didn't show anything other than running in a field with it on and off and just guessing without ranges. As it is right now, it doesn't do anything. It's not suppressed because it's loud. You're dumb. 

Keep preaching that it's suppressed though. 

It's impossible, sorry. The Mosin is not fitted to take one, nor would it ever be practical to have one. Such a suppressor would have to be so big, it would be stupid.

No

nononononononononono

That kind of talk is something that should not touch this game ever. Everything implemented should be as true to life as possible. "Balancing" beyond fixing bugs is an awful idea for this game.

That's why I was saying it would probably never happen because a suppressed mosin would be insanely OP, especially with the upcoming patch

Live with the bottle suppressor or wait until dedicated sniper rifles are implemented, because real suppressors for the Mosin rifle just don't make sense. It acts as the current sniper rifle because no alternatives exist but it's definitely not going to stay in its position forever and eventually you'll have real platforms that are more than capable of using suppressors, making the Mosin a mostly obsolete choice in terms of sniping.

It definitely doesn't need any more aftermarket attachments, and personally I think it shouldn't even have the LRS at all; the PU Scope is the only sensible scope attachment.