mrbeaneater

U.S. & Russian Fed. Weapons

On the subject, I know they added the AK101, is it a crashsite only (east or west) or does it spawn at any military site?  If its found anywhere that can be evidence that they're 'Westernizeing' their military along with Humvee wrecks.

The only real reason its in the game is because they weren't sure about adding 5.45mm ammo by the time when the model for an AK-74M was ready, so they decided to just add it in as the nearly identical 5.56 AK101 and it remained in the game after 5.45 was eventually implemented.

Granted the fact that they've kept them could support that idea, but personally I think that even if it implies that Chernarus was westernizing their armed forces, AK101s would still be better helicopter crashsite type material. Only special forces would really have a use for those, because typically in most cases Eastern countries that switch to western calibers over 7.62x39/5.45 drop the AK platform altogether when picking a standard service rifle, and AK101s would really only be useful so that they have 5.56 rifles compatible with all of their extra AK parts.

• Like 1

All types of weapons should, and are (so far) available.

Warsaw Pact weapons should be more common (they are).

NATO weapons should be rarer (they are).

Not entirely sure why we're still having this discussion. It seems pretty clear that they're open to a variety of weapons being included. Moreover, the singularity of "Eastern Bloc" countries using only Warsaw Pact weapons is a myth. A myth that I've dispelled countless times in multiple ways, and a myth that the developers haven't bought into thankfully.

I'm more concerned about getting more weapon archetypes (i.e. LMGs, BRs/DMRs, purpose-built sniper rifles, and IARs [RPK, M27, AUG HBAR, etc.]) included.

We've got nearly enough AKs for my blood. And when/if they include an RPK and/or bullpup AK-variant, I want them to stop entirely and focus on other weapons. We're getting an SVD. We're getting, probably, a PKM. We're probably going to get a VSS as well.

NATO weapons need some love, glad to see the UMP-45 in the pipes (even though I'm uninterested in SMGs). Can't wait for the FAL. Hopefully they'll throw in a high-end BR/DMR, a NATO LMG/GPMG, and a purpose-built sniper rifle.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

All types of weapons should, and are (so far) available.

Warsaw Pact weapons should be more common (they are).

NATO weapons should be rarer (they are).

Not entirely sure why we're still having this discussion. It seems pretty clear that they're open to a variety of weapons being included. Moreover, the singularity of "Eastern Bloc" countries using only Warsaw Pact weapons is a myth. A myth that I've dispelled countless times in multiple ways, and a myth that the developers haven't bought into thankfully.

I'm more concerned about getting more weapon archetypes (i.e. LMGs, BRs/DMRs, purpose-built sniper rifles, and IARs [RPK, M27, AUG HBAR, etc.]) included.

We've got nearly enough AKs for my blood. And when/if they include an RPK and/or bullpup AK-variant, I want them to stop entirely and focus on other weapons. We're getting an SVD. We're getting, probably, a PKM. We're probably going to get a VSS as well.

NATO weapons need some love, glad to see the UMP-45 in the pipes (even though I'm uninterested in SMGs). Can't wait for the FAL. Hopefully they'll throw in a high-end BR/DMR, a NATO LMG/GPMG, and a purpose-built sniper rifle.

I wouldn't say stop adding AKs completely, but for now an RPK is all we'll need for a while. (I still think some advanced versions like the AK-107, AK-12, or AN-94, and maybe an intermediate length rifle like the AK-105 would be warranted.)

Also, the AUG HBAR will be one of the configurations for the barrels of the Steyr AUG in the future.

I wouldn't say stop adding AKs completely, but for now an RPK is all we'll need for a while. (I still think some advanced versions like the AK-107, AK-12, or AN-94, and maybe an intermediate length rifle like the AK-105 would be warranted.)

Also, the AUG HBAR will be one of the configurations for the barrels of the Steyr AUG in the future.

Glad to see you're still around! :D

And yeah, that's sort of what I meant, just take a break from the AKs for a while once they add a few more (if that) in.

Was just listing the HBAR as an example of what I consider to be an "IAR" (i.e. magazine fed, HBAR, re-purposed assault rifles).

And yeah, that's sort of what I meant, just take a break from the AKs for a while once they add a few more (if that) in.

Was just listing the HBAR as an example of what I consider to be an "IAR" (i.e. magazine fed, HBAR, re-purposed assault rifles).

Where the fuck have you been? XD

• Like 1

I want to see disposable light AT weapons like the RPG or a thermobaric disposable like the RPO-Shmel. It'd make a great base buster.

• Like 3

I want to see disposable light AT weapons like the RPG or a thermobaric disposable like the RPO-Shmel. It'd make a great base buster.

Haha, no you don't.

Id think satchel charges would be enough to break into a base. A launcher would only serve purpose if they were to add some heavily armored vehicles like an apc or tank, which i highly doubt.

Edited by Gingerkid44

Id think satchel charges would be enough to break into a base. A launcher would only serve purpose if they were to add some heavily armored vehicles like an apc or tank, which i highly doubt.

RPO-Shmels are anti personnel, not anti armor.

• Like 2

And likewise that you're back.

The AUG bit is true, though, so maybe we'll get an actual rifle developed as an IAR at some point rather than just barrel changes, because I'm guessing at first most of the changes between AUG barrels will be aesthetic (besides dispersion/accuracy changes) and not have any real factor on the weapon's dexterity or weight.

If they did end up going the "barrel change" route then they could easily turn the M4A1 into a versatile platform as well, but my best guess at this point is that we'll just get a couple AR-15s to go with it rather than any new systems, as the rifle has been complete since the beginning.

If Cap'n played more Wargame like he should, he'd know what a redonk weapon that would be.

Why did you think I suggested the RPO? SAPERY 90' STRONK!

Oh, and I've got 411 hours. King Kong, ain't got shit, on ME!

The Cap'm I have in my friends list has 69 games in ALB and 0 in RD.  So if you've got 411 hours 300 must have been in the armory. :huh:

And SaperZy 90' don't exist. It's either 75' or 85'. :huh: :huh: :huh:

You drunk?

The Cap'm I have in my friends list has 69 games in ALB and 0 in RD.  So if you've got 411 hours 300 must have been in the armory. :huh:

And SaperZy 90' don't exist. It's either 75' or 85'. :huh: :huh: :huh:

You drunk?

I think I made a separate account for RD. I own it, and you can see my hours on steam. But I don't have you friended on Steam :P

Also, relatively sure Sapery 90 is a thing.

Edit: It's 85. Obligatory head boop for my pestilence.

Edited by Cap'n

Quote:"

Not entirely sure why we're still having this discussion. It seems pretty clear that they're open to a variety of weapons being included. Moreover, the singularity of "Eastern Bloc" countries using only Warsaw Pact weapons is a myth. A myth that I've dispelled countless times in multiple ways, and a myth that the developers haven't bought into thankfully."

For some reason I cant quote properly. I'd like to hear your opinion about that. i was under the impression that countries like kazakstan,ousbekistan,azerbaijan,belarus,latvia, and such had warsaw weaponry minus maybe odd units.

I do like the amount of weapons we have so far in game, it seems like we have a good share of military grade weaponry and civilian weapons. I would love to see a Tokarev TT-33 pistol make its way in or a respective reproduction version like the one produced by Zastava Arms. As for adding an M16A4 I simply think that you should be able to convert the M4 into an M16 by finding a fixed M16 stock, hand guard, and barrel. I do agree with previous posters, the PP-19 Bizon should definitely make an appearance in the future, we only have two SMGs so far.  

As for adding an M16A4 I simply think that you should be able to convert the M4 into an M16 by finding a fixed M16 stock, hand guard, and barrel.

Are you going to find a M16 profile Buffer,buffer tube and buffer spring, M16 gas tube and the proprietary castle nut wrench and some Molybdenum for the barrel threads lying around in Chernarus? It would be more plausible to find prefabricated M16A4s, especially seeing how it's the primary service rifle of the US marines and their deployment in Chernarus is canon.

Are you going to find a M16 profile Buffer,buffer tube and buffer spring, M16 gas tube and the proprietary castle nut wrench and some Molybdenum for the barrel threads lying around in Chernarus? It would be more plausible to find prefabricated M16A4s, especially seeing how it's the primary service rifle of the US marines and their deployment in Chernarus is canon.

Well played lol. Sure why not let's just throw M16A4s in xD

For some reason I cant quote properly. I'd like to hear your opinion about that. i was under the impression that countries like kazakstan,ousbekistan,azerbaijan,belarus,latvia, and such had warsaw weaponry minus maybe odd units.

Latvia, not really. They're pretty NATO-oriented these days, as a member state. Plus, they've always been pretty distinctly Baltic, vice "Eastern European."

Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, and Belarus are really the last holdouts of using only Warsaw Pact stuff. And even then, their SF get NATO small arms.

But most of the former Soviet holdings and Balkan states; Czech Republic, Slovakia, Ukraine, Georgia, Germany (remember that whole East/West thing?), Poland, Serbia, all make heavy use of NATO or indigenously produced weaponry.

I've spent a lot of time pointing this out, let me dig through my post history and find some of my picture threads. Will update.

Update!!

Romania

SLca3fk.jpg

TkjRDyb.jpg

Russia

fsb04.jpg

24ermlu.jpg

Albania

8MJJzuL.jpg

7288566684_9478816309_c.jpg

QVrIuiv.jpg

Serb-stravaganza!

530ac08a-cc8c-11e3-9f60-00163e135009.jpg

995210_535287203225562_316412859_n.jpg

7d1e.jpg

27.jpg

21.jpg

UGpncsT.jpg

1f994eac-c1af-11e3-9f60-00163e135009.jpg

Croatia

PJR6pa1.jpg

jtz4nyb.jpg

t6YJcI4.jpg

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/208569-what-new-rifles-would-you-guys-like-to-see/?p=2091591

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/210243-a-couple-new-things-from-this-weeks-status-report/?p=2105586

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/181980-the-battle-rifle-thread/?p=1885077

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/181929-what-clothing-setweapons-would-you-add-if-you-could/?p=2001799

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/181929-what-clothing-setweapons-would-you-add-if-you-could/?p=2000754

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/181929-what-clothing-setweapons-would-you-add-if-you-could/?p=2095617

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/181929-what-clothing-setweapons-would-you-add-if-you-could/?p=2092643

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/181929-what-clothing-setweapons-would-you-add-if-you-could/?p=2088995

Edited by Katana67