shawnbayer75

New Server Signup and Ticket System

It has been talked about for weeks now and I am happy to announce that the new automated server signup system is now complete and live. This signup system also includes the ticket system.

Automated Server Sign Up System

Prior to this system you would of had to email us and hope for a reply back from us to manually assign you an instance ID, etc. Now all you need to do is visit support.dayzmod.com you will need to click "Sign Up" to register for a new instance ID and provide us with the same information as always. Once that is done you just submit your order. One of the admins will review your order and either click accept or reject. Once your order is accepted you will receive an email from us containing your new Instance ID and assigned country code. Upon approval your server's IP will usually be whitelisted automatically. You will be able to see the status from your client area.

Existing Servers

First off let me get this out of the way, you do not need to get a new Instance ID or Country Code but you will need to sign up in our system to have your server imported.

If you have an existing DayZ server that has already been setup and running please visit here to sign up for a new account in the system. Once that is completed please open a ticket in our Server Import Department and provide us the details asked for. Once this is done a Staff member will manually import your server into our new system.

Ticket System

The ticket system is designed to replace our current contact form on the website. It is to be used for issues that server hosts are unable to solve by visiting the forums or with general server knowledge.

It is also to be used by users who require assistance with account "crippling" issues (i.e. your character is broke and you cannot play).

DO NOT submit tickets about issues that can easily solved on the forums, we will just close them.

Edit July, 04, 2012:

Do not 'bump' your ticket, by doing so you are actually pushing your self to the bottom of the pile. We answer tickets in the order of which has gone the longest with no activity, also opening a second ticket about the same issue is not going to solve anything. Please just be patient and we will get to your ticket.

Knowledgebase

Found here our Knowledge base at this time is limited to general server issues but over this week and the coming weeks you will see it grow to include many issues and simple fixes.

• Like 16

Cant really sign up. Seems like people who live OUTSIDE of the US need to enter a state haha. FYI, i dont live in a state.

Hi Everyone,

Due to the overhaul of our communication and ticketing systems there may be some delay in processing newly submitted tickets as we continue to process and eliminate outstanding entries.

I will also be populating the knowledgebase with details on commonly encountered and recurring issues along with what actions you should take or at the very least an answer to your inquiry. This will hopefully cut down on time spent constantly replying to the same things over and over again and will allow for continued focus on community issues and further development!

As the migration to the new system occurs you may find that some e-mails or tickets will be closed without reply. Nine times out of ten this will be because you have asked a question where the answer is either blatantly available either on the forums/knowledgebase or will be populated to the knowledgebase in the near future.

So, bear with us as we iron out any kinks. This new system is a major step forward in how we process communications with you guys and gives us a solid system that can be referenced when seeking answers to questions or issues.

Kind Regards,

Magnet

Cant really sign up. Seems like people who live OUTSIDE of the US need to enter a state haha. FYI' date=' i dont live in a state.

[/quote']

Did you select your country first, this should clear the requirement. If you did select one and still received this error which country did you select and if it is requiring you to provide a state and you do not have one please just put N/A for Not Applicable.

Hi Magnet, quick question.

We have a DayZ server running since week 1.

Will it remain active until i completed the registration on this new "server page"? I won`t be home for another 11-12 hours but people do want to play on the server.

Or will you guys "activate" the server again after i completed the "server" registration?

Thanks.

Since your server is already set up and whitelisted it will continue to operate for the time being. Once you are set up on our new system we will be able to migrate everything that we need over from the old method.

After a certain amount of time we will begin blacklisting servers that aren't complying with requirements or aren't making the effort to get onboard with the new system.

But to address you main point, during the whole process you shouldn't suffer any downtime.

Magnet

I can add to this that you don't need to change anything with your current server unless there is a conflict with our rules we see when doing the import.

Awesome!, this will help allot of people getting their server up and running in a timely fashion.

Our host (Vilayer.com) handles / enforces the DayZ server rules set by the DayZ Dev`s (unable to password server, force certain server-names etc) so I don't foresee any problems \o/

Thanks for the quick response Dante-shawn / Magnet! Appreciated.

Nice Work :-)

I waited now 6 Weeks can you speed up my request?

i hope this is possible :)

Nice work indeed.

Sign-up done, I've already received an e-mail with the Instance ID, and downloaded the PBO file.

For now my server files in Downloads section is still empty, and IP not yet whitelisted.

• Like 1

Put in my request to get my four servers moved to the new system... Let's see how this is going to work. Looks like it's going to be a great feature to have. Thanks for the work for this new system!

Okay okay not yet Whitelisted but i have setup all things and Server is up and running

hey we have put in a request for a server and we did message many admins and other ppl to get our server whitlisted but know one seems to reply and or give us any news so when i see some one get a server in under 3 hours i get pretty Fing angry:@ so if you guys have a legitimate reason for this fair enough but still its irritating to have servers just sat there for over a month