Sign in to follow this  
Dagwood

MP5 least practical weapon in game?

Let's say you are carrying a mosin or the upcoming winchester. It's nice to have a full auto gun on you so you can handle close quarters a bit better than a standard pistol.

The problem with that is as soon as you get shot with a gun in your bag it gets ruined and then you're stuck trying to shoot a gun that won't work.

The only reliable side arms are pistols in holsters because they don't become ruined with your gear.

The problem with that is as soon as you get shot with a gun in your bag it gets ruined and then you're stuck trying to shoot a gun that won't work.

The only reliable side arms are pistols in holsters because they don't become ruined with your gear.

That like never happens to me.

I keep my shit in my back pack and If I get shot in the bag, I'm probably going to die regardless. The only time I'd go close quarters with a sniper is if my friends are pinned down or something so I know where the enemy is anyway.

That like never happens to me.

I keep my shit in my back pack and If I get shot in the bag, I'm probably going to die regardless. The only time I'd go close quarters with a sniper is if my friends are pinned down or something so I know where the enemy is anyway.

In that case why don't you just shoot him with the mosin? =P

You posited the scenario of entering close quarters.  I've had it happen with pistols before when I don't have a holster.  Your backpack will probably break on the first chest shot in my experience, but a lot of guns take multiple shots to kill.

There's a lot of scenarios where you may not necessarily even be close quarters any ways and still get tagged and ruin your gun too.  I mean, it's not completely pointless and it'll work some times but its just not very reliable and takes up a ton of inventory.  I personally don't think it's worthwhile, but if it works for you then that's what matters.

I just killed a group of 4 fully kitted guys at NWAF a couple days ago with an mp5. The last two I had broken legs and still got them. And they all had fully automatic rifles. So the mp5 is by far my new favorite weapon in this game. I would be dead if I was using my ak74 or shorty shotgun in that fight. 1v4 and I won. So the mp5 useless? Hell no, best cqb weapon in the game

I once sniped someone in the chest with my mosin, ran out of ammo, ran up to him with my mp5, shot 3 bullets into his chest, waited, got shot by his shotgun and died :) ( he was wearing a yellow bullet-proof raincoat)

Edited by Homeschooliazon

I personally love my MP5 Mosin combo.

Its my go to arrangement atm, the mp5 has bailed me out of plenty of tricky situations.

However i agree it does tend not deal a lot of damage to the gear on a person... but that just means better loot

I've noticed that too! The 4 guys I killed only one had his gear ruined and it was only the stuff in his vest and jacket :) I thought I was just lucky.... Good to know that the mp5 doesn't damage players gear too much or as likely and itales sense I suppose

I'm not sure about the MP5K, I have yet to find a clip :lol: ... tired of holding on to that thing honestly.

Go for a swim and loot the the prison island up