Sign in to follow this  
Greenbury

DayZ won't launch at all...please help me...

Alright, so here is what is happening. I hit "play" then nothing happens then in my library next to the DayZ Standalone name I see "Sync" then nothing happens. I don't know what is happening....I was playing the game like a week ago and all of a sudden this, I have 618 hours on DayZ and never experienced anything like this. I have tried:

• Restarting my Computer
  • Verify integrity of game cache
  • Uninstalling/Installing (3x)
  • Deleting the Appache file
  • Deleting all DayZ files then installing again
  • Running in Admin
  • Running compatibility mode

Specs:

GTX GeForce 750 TI

Intel® Corei3-4130 CPU @ 3.40 GHz

8GB of ram and 2gb of ram on my graphics card. Everything else so far I know wouldn't effect the launching.

Additional information:

On my GeForce experience app that came with my graphics card(Which I do not use, just checked it to see if that was the issue) it stated: "Unable to retrieve all current settings. Try restarting the game or changing the settings within the game first". I don't think this is helpful but if it great. I've been surfing the internet and no one seems to have a fix for this issue. I just want play again, so if anyone is out there reading this can you please help me. Thank you.

14/03/2015:UPDATE: My DayZ is not starting because it's "MSVCP120.dll" is missing from my computer. I have no idea how this would even happen...All my games work on steam expect DayZ. I do not know how to fix this issue, if someone does please reply ASAP. Thanks 

14/03/:2015:UPDATE: I have fixed this issue, I had figured it out on my own and it took me hell of a lot time... Thank you for everyone tried to help me. For anyone who has the "MSVCP120.dll" from your computer. Please follow the steps I have done carefully. Please note this is for Windows 7 users. 

1) Download this link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784 and for choices it gives you get the right one for your computer. 

2) Go to "start panel"(window icon bottom left)> Computer> Local disk C/or anything you have for storage> Program Files (x86)> Steam> SteamApps> Common>DayZ> _CommonRedist> Vcredist> 2010 and you will see the Vcredist and the number you have like x64 or x86, some computers are different but these are the most common numbers. Anyways right click on them and hit "run as administrator" then hit yes to whatever comes up IF it comes up and when two choices come up as remove or repair, click repair. Do this for all those x64 and x86 or whatever you have. Also do this for 2013 folder as well.

3) Hit play on DayZ in library and enjoy and don't be a douche bag KOSer. I am not promising anything will work. After all I came here looking for help... 

Edited by Greenbury

Just a thought, try opting into experimental, than back out, had a friend with a similar issue, that fixed it

Also had this issue a while back and deleting my dayz folder in my documents and allowing the game to create a new one fixed it for me.

Just a thought, try opting into experimental, than back out, had a friend with a similar issue, that fixed it

I tried that and it was no use. 

tried launching steam as admin?

I stated that in what I did. But no it didn't change anything for me... 

Only other thing I can think of, is did Battle Eye install?

I don't understand why it wouldn't install? I see the battle eye thing in my DayZ folder... So I don't know what to do and I really wanna play DayZ again badly since their coming out with zombie hordes. 

I don't understand why it wouldn't install? I see the battle eye thing in my DayZ folder... So I don't know what to do and I really wanna play DayZ again badly since their coming out with zombie hordes. 

Not sure what to tell you, thats pretty much everything I can think of, only thing I can think of is try launching it straight from the folder and not Steam.

You don't have Razer synapse installed, do you?

How is Razer synapse connected to battleeye? I have razer synapse 2.0 and have the same issue like the opener..

How is Razer synapse connected to battleeye? I have razer synapse 2.0 and have the same issue like the opener..

Don't know :/ 

people have issues with Razer Synapse and OBS

I saw a someone say today that closing razer synapse fixed their battleye issues.

Try it.

Well, I closed it and it didn't start yet.. Now I reinstall it after starting steam with adminpriveleges and closing razer synapse.. Don't get any point tho why this would affect dayz in any ways.. especially since it worked before wednesdays maintenance and never argued.

Edit: No, it still doesn't want to start.. this is driving me insane.. We even bought a server on monday to avoid all this admin abuse and losing characters thanks to that.. Seems like this was another great investment.

Edited by Insoliciously

Well, I closed it and it didn't start yet.. Now I reinstall it after starting steam with adminpriveleges and closing razer synapse.. Don't get any point tho why this would affect dayz in any ways.. especially since it worked before wednesdays maintenance and never argued.

Edit: No, it still doesn't want to start.. this is driving me insane.. We even bought a server on monday to avoid all this admin abuse and losing characters thanks to that.. Seems like this was another great investment.

ok, I'm out of ideas. monitor your issue on the bug tracker http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view_all_bug_page.php

if you didn't open one yet, you should

• Like 1

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=22684

This is driving me insane.

someone with what seems like an identical issue http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/221450-dayz-wont-launch-out-of-steam-libary/

for them it was the lack of admin privileges which stopped the vcredist install.

Don't know how to help you, sorry.

Try checking windows update and installing everything you can. 

Edited by Franzuu

Nope.. already tried that. Nothing seems to help.

Edit: btw.. credits to you bud. Helping or at least trying to help people without beeing part of the dayz staff.. If I could credit you in any other way I would do it. At least there are helpful people, while the ones that should bother with it keep quiet most of the time.

Edited by Insoliciously
  • Like 1

Nope.. already tried that. Nothing seems to help.

Edit: btw.. credits to you bud. Helping or at least trying to help people without beeing part of the dayz staff.. If I could credit you in any other way I would do it. At least there are helpful people, while the ones that should bother with it keep quiet most of the time.

Thank you.

Its really hard to give people solutions for their issues atm. BE and DayZ are going through many changes. What works one day can change the next. The best bet for people is to try the obvious stuff and then head to the feedback tracker. There you have professionals whose job is to deal with your issue, even if it takes a while to get to you.

I wouldn't blame the community managers for not being active everywhere. The Battleye guy I actually see on the Bohemia forum and Steam forum.

I think opinions may differ there, but yea.. lets see what the bugtrackersupport says... I currently think about a system rollback to the day or 2 days before it stopped working.. however I still feel the issue is rooted in wednesdays update..

Edit: well.. that didn't help either..

Edited by Insoliciously

also having an issue since wednesday update: 0x000... could not read memory, nothing seemed to help, reinstalled windows, reinstalled dayz nothing worked...

also having an issue since wednesday update: 0x000... could not read memory, nothing seemed to help, reinstalled windows, reinstalled dayz nothing worked...

Reinstalled windows too? Did you update all drivers after the OS reinstall? What software did you install after OS reinstall and trying DayZ?

Try running a memtest http://www.memtest.org/to see if maybe you have faulty RAM or something like that.

You don't have Razer synapse installed, do you?

I do have it installed but this problem was happening bit before I got it. 

UPDATE: I might have found my problem but I don't know how to fix it yet.... It says it won't start because "MSVCP120.dll" is missing from your computer.  If anyone has the fix for let me know ASAP please. 

Ive had this same problem sence wensday i have not been able to play at all ive tried every thing

It's bullshit man, we need an actual staff person to help us and look at this instead of fans. Like I love the fact that the fans tried help me and it will work for some but I think our problems are too complex for them and need a staff members support...