Sign in to follow this  
stefeman

Tents are bugging out in my server.

People are losing randomly the items in tents and even the tents theirselves after server restarts.

Any ideas what it might be about?

It's a Vilayer 30-slot public hive server. Persistence is enabled

Edited by stefeman

I'd contact Vilayer to see if anything can be done. I've had items in a tent on another server with persistence enabled now since last Thursday and no issues to report. I know with Fragnet there is the possibility to restore a loot file; maybe the same with Vilayer?

Yeah, you can backup and restore persistence files on all hosts. Perheaps even use this feature to skip the wednesday maintenance wipe by backing up on tuesday and restoring in wednesday. With same logic one could possibly even use this feature to dupe items([REMOVED]), which is why i've been hesistant to use it as i don't know the rules for it.

One thing is sure, it was the server and not a player since according to one player, even fireplace was taken but not the items in the second tent next to it. Unless the looters needed that fireplace for something and had a reason to ignore even bigger loot ;)

Either way, it's not my tent or base so it can be bullshit as well. What concerns me is that there is more than 1 report.

Edited by stefeman

If i'm not mistaken, there was mention when .54 came out that Vilayer had issues with persistence servers?? I'm trying to find the thread where this was mentioned to see if it has anything to do with issues you're seeing and possibly shed more light.

FWIW - The persistence server(s) that I store my loot on are all powered by Fragnet and so far so good. Last Wednesday is the exception to that though as with .54 my tent(s) were all wiped :(