Sign in to follow this  
stefeman

Whats up with Vilayer..?

I bought a server 72 hours ago and suddenly it's some backorder according to their customer support. (They basically sold me non-existing hardware and put me on queue for a non-specific wait time).

So now they expect me to wait untill some other people order as well from the said location so they will setup new servers there. Of course there was no mention about that when i ordered so i was ready for that 2 hours wait time. it's been 72 hours now and as i've filed support ticket 70 hours earlier with "HIGH" priority and asked them for answers or location switching but there has been no messages so far regarding those.

Considering the price was only 44€ for 30-slots server @ Finland(EU), is this kind of support (or lack of it) expected?

Do any of you have same issues with the said provider? Are they going bankrupt or somehing? Dosen't seem like a normal way to handle customers.

What are your experiences with this provider?

a lot of providers don't own there own datacenters, backorders are used for this. it takes time to sort out new hardware.

the system is an automated tcadmin/whmcs provisioning system hence why the order went through.

personally i've had no major issues with this provider and have been with most. Vi are a small team with some of them working part time hours

as for bankruptcy no one can comment on that other then the company 

there support ranges in time depending on circumstances, they are running a lot of game servers (last stat i saw was 5000) plus websites vps and dedicated server hosting, any hardware issues takes its time to solve plus at busy periods ei maintenance, data center connection issues  affect multiple servers and the staff work on getting them sorted then reply to tickets.

if you have asked to switch location to somewhere that is available then they will always do that, some things just take time 

• Like 4

I'm with ViLayer as well and in the first month of service, I've had to submit 4 support tickets because the server was down/not functioning at all and had corrupted configuration files.

However, I've never had to wait that long to get a response from them. The longest I've had to wait so far was approx 2 hours, but they usually respond within 30 minutes if it's a high priority ticket. Bear in mind though, that the guys at ViLayer tend to solve an issue first and then respond to your ticket.

As far as I know, they don't send any replies like "we're working on it", but only messages like "It's done. I've applied a manual patch blabla".

Edited by liscion

Well, they fucked up twice with my ticket :P

In the end they never responded the query regarding Finnish server location.

It was set to Sweden shortly after.. ..or so i thought. In fact the server was located in the Netherlands which i found out via tracert and high ping even though it said in control panel that it would've been in sweden.

After i sent another support msg saying the location of server is not what was agreed upon, they changed the ip adresses and moved the server again.. This time it's finally in sweden..

the reason was:

Very sorry for the issue. It appears our system put you on an incorrectly labeled node.

This has been fixed and you are now in the correct location.

but still not in finland which i paid for lol

They gave me 1 extra week which is nice, but im not gonna renew in Vilayer.. that is for sure. If you order a location that is not in stock, you won't get a server unless you are willing to change the location. They made it very clear with lack of any support and messages. Everything suddenly worked out great when i finally changed the location from out of stock place.

Edited by stefeman

So, I placed on order with Vilayer on Friday (1/8/16), after 3 hours I submitted a ticket asking how long will it take because their claim is "generally within 1 hour". Well turns out they don't have server stock available. The ticket was escalated to a refund request. I responded to it that I'll take any other hosting location in Eastern or Mid US. No reply as of today, 1/11/16.

I submitted a second ticket after basically 1 day with no action on the other (so 1/9/16), that if they don't have stock in NY, I'll take any other location in US, Canada, or even the EU. If they have nothing they can go ahead with the refund, ideally to back to the 3 us of that paid via group pay. No reply at all. Wouldn't be surprised if they're dealing with a lot of pissed off customers because they sell shit they neither own or can obtain in timely matter. Still, the first reply was timely, a little over an hour and a half, and then they just put their heads up their asses and maybe they are hoping they can ignore me until the end of the month. Great business model.

Yeah yeah, it's a necropost, I didn't feel like making my own thread just to shit on them, if you think I should then let me know and I will. Or spare me the bullshit, unmerge this post and give it a "Fuck you vilayer" title.

Edited by NexDemise