Sign in to follow this  
therandomredstone

Teamspeak Question

This question may be difficult to answer. so on TeamSpeak I have it set up so when I hold down caps, TS is muted and when I release it, TS is unmuted. Is there a way I can "lock direct comms" (in DayZ) (double tap caps) and have TS muted until I un-lock direct comms? Thanks.

I had this working well before my I reinstalled my OS and haven't set up, so forgive me if my memory is a little hazy.

IIRC you set TS to push to talk and use "caps lock" to talk. Unbind "Caps Lock" in DayZ in the Push to talk section but leave 2 x "Caps Lock" voice over net.

This way you don't need to stuff around with mute etc.

So push caps lock to talk on TS and double tap "caps lock" to talk in game.

I then bound caps lock to my mouse so it worked a treat.

This is by far the easiest way to do, the only downside is you don't have voice activation in TS but that is a good thing.

Edited by NexVentor
  • Like 1

You can have a multi-button comms setup. Assign a 'toggle speaker mute' button in ts and just hit it if you need to communicate in game via direct.

I had this working well before my I reinstalled my OS and haven't set up, so forgive me if my memory is a little hazy.

IIRC you set TS to push to talk and use "caps lock" to talk. Unbind "Caps Lock" in DayZ in the Push to talk section but leave 2 x "Caps Lock" voice over net.

This way you don't need to stuff around with mute etc.

So push caps lock to talk on TS and double tap TS to talk in game.

I then bound caps lock to my mouse so it worked a treat.

This is by far the easiest way to do, the only downside is you don't have voice activation in TS but that is a good thing.

Nice to have it all in on one key, but I can see this causing confusion if say you're negotiating with someone you just bumped into and your buddies in ts are asking you for locale. Has this happened to you or do you have a work around it?

I personally don't use TS because I am a lone wolf, and when I do play with people, I use Skype with my friends.

Nice to have it all in on one key, but I can see this causing confusion if say you're negotiating with someone you just bumped into and your buddies in ts are asking you for locale. Has this happened to you or do you have a work around it?

Personally never been an issue as a quick double tap of caps lock and then its back to normal TS chat. Chat to them on TS and a quick double tap to talk back in game. You never get confused because when you are in direct it has the little mic icon on screen. TBH, I am not 100% clear on what your actual issue would be? Figuring out who you are talking too, hearing the direct chat? hearing your buddies on TS? 

Too many voices at once. From what I see you're not muting any of your channels, so if you were attempting to talk to someone in game while your mates in ts are chatting away, could cause confusion. Confusion in dayz results in death. Only tends to happen if you're playing with a few people in a group or one really chatty type.