Sign in to follow this  
liscion

Access ADM log externally through an API

Hi guys,

I would like to incorporate a feature on my website (https://play-z.nl) which keeps track of player kills / deaths and keep some sort of scoreboard about it. I'm wondering if any of you guys know of a GSP that has API support where you can download the log files from an external source (e.g. PHP via secure cURL connection).

I'm currently with ViLayer, and as far as I know there is no way to do this. Does anyone have experience with either GameServers, Fragnet or Multiplay regarding this matter?

Thanks in advance!

I doubt any GSP has this support, I've been with Multiplay and I know they don't, so I doubt others will considering the admin logs are still fairly new.

The only way you could do it is setup an automation to download the log file maybe and just run the update to player kill/deaths at midnight every day (or time it with each of your 4 hour restarts).

Edited by Euphobia

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to achieve.

Just a cronjob that runs every *-hours that automatically downloads and parses the log file. However, for ViLayer there is no way to do this. Their CP is pretty secure and does a LOT of session checking (every refresh gets a new session hash for auth-verification) making it impossible to do this through cURL :(

Using the logs for anything other than yourself (Admin) for Administration purposes is against the terms of service.

Thus, giving the public access to these and especially having an API on the GSP's side of things will result in servers being shut down.

• Like 2

Ouch :( Good to know.

Although, I don't want the logs to be publicly available, just a way to download them using a secure connection to my own server (e.g. http(s)-authentication using my ViLayer credentials) just to parse the kills / deaths to keep a score.

I really hope that something like this would be possible in the future. I would open up some awesome features on community websites :)

I'm interested in something similar to this. A "live stats" page that I can use on my clan site using some form of api that connects to my server and retrieves data so that info on who killed who etc can be displayed.

I know of a site that has this and something similar to what they do would be ideal I think. It shows current stats, individual player stats (when player name is clicked), and server stats including who is on server at present.

Check the site out at www.dayzbaltic.com

The only way to achieve something like this is do it manually I'm afraid :(

I've just started doing something for our website/server (top 5 killers per month)

Takes about 5 minutes using notepad++ & search.

I've created a script for downloading ADM and BEC logs from Fragnet a while ago. At the moment I'm working to make this tool more userfriendly before publishing.

I'm a Fragnet Dayz Admin thus i've no access to the villayer webinterface. If a villayer Dayz Admin is interested to help me, please feel free to PM me.