Sign in to follow this  
nogard18

This needs to be a thing.

Seriously, i don't know if this has been suggested before but i think  it could be done. There are people who like being heroes, there are people who like to KoS and there are people that only play the game to scavenge and loot or trade.

Why not make you choose between those 3 or more roles in the character selection screen? Players would be identified as each of their "personalities" (let's not call it roles and keep it as realistic as possible) so that everyone could identify each other properly and act accordingly, sure it would remove the surprise element but let's face it, just how many times have you been killed not wanting any harm whatsoever, i have been through that so many times i lost count. My last death which was a few hours ago was literally me just looting and a guy rushing me with an AK out of nowhere, boom there goes all my stuff just like that, again... it just gets boring.

I'm not mad that he killed me, i'm growing used to it, but perhaps if i knew what he was or if he knew what i was we would've come to an agreement and shit perhaps wouldn't go down so fast, and it would help to know who is what and not just do the same shit all over again, perhaps create a community of some sort.

There would be punishment for Heroes killing other Heroes or Traders/Scavangers/New spawns, not sure how that would work but i'm willing to listen to your opinions. Instead of choosing in the character selection perhaps your personality could be determined by the color of the armband you use? Let's face it, most people that are teaming won't need armbands to distinguish themselves so it could be used for that, just an idea. EX: Blue: Hero, Green: Peaceful/Looter, Yellow:Scavenger/Trader, Red: Bandit, and other type of personalities with other colors.

I'll gladly listen to your opinions even if you think this sucks, i just think it could bring a new dynamic to the game and make it a bit better and enjoyable.

I think that the system from the mod was better, where you could earn a hero skin from helping players and a bandit skin from killing players.

selects hero. plays bandit. profit

That's where the punishment side of it would come in, still not sure how it would work.

It's a sandbox, play however you want at any given time.  The mod was full of bandits in hero skins and heros in bandit skins because it's impossible to create a system that accurately reflects such a grey zone.  How can you design a system that can distinguish player motivation?

Define yourself through your own actions, you don't need a mechanic to do it for you.

• Like 7

Define yourself through your own actions, you don't need a mechanic to do it for you.

And if you do...your kind of a horrible human being.

Part of the fun is not being able to fully trust anyone you meet in game. I will always keep my weapon in hand and my head on a swivel when I'm with a stranger, whether they appear/act friendly or not.

Learn to protect yourself within the parameters of the game, don't expect the game to change for your own sense of security.

• Like 1

you can tell how someone plays just on what they are wearing in the SA most of the time so....

It most certainly does NOT need to be a thing.

• Like 1

This is DayZ. This is my story. My story demands humanity :p

Honestly why not just add the old hero/bandit skins as a spawn clothing. You know, where you pick the T-shirt and jeans and shoes you wear at startup? Just throw in hero and bandit clothing, and let it be open to anyone so no one is motivated to kill or forced to be friendly (dem basturds...)

Noones forced to pick it, if you say that's forcing then the stupidity is unreal in you.

Noones forced to keep it on, they work like normal spawn clothes.

Noones forced to "unlock" anything, its there in the start menu.

Tada, we get the skins for the role, but you have no idea who they are since anyone can pick it on startup. The people who want hero/bandit skins have the option to wear them, people who fear that it will result in them being identified as the 12 year old douches they are/act like (both the hero's and the bandits) have the option to not wear them.

Win win, add it and end thread