Sign in to follow this  
selfcommander

What are these green markers on GPS?

I am sorry, this might be a stupid question, but I can't find answer anywhere. What are those things on the picture? When I walk up to them they look like rocks, but I read about ores and they don't look like them. I tried to hit them many times but nothing happens. What are these? And what to they yield if anything?

post-227763-0-28675400-1425445226_thumb.

post-227763-0-09979100-1425445230_thumb.

Edited by selfcommander
  • Like 1

I am sorry, this might be a stupid question, but I can't find answer anywhere. What are those things on the picture? When I walk up to them they look like rocks, but I read about ores and they don't look like them. I tried to hit them many times but nothing happens. What are these? And what to they yield if anything?

On most topographical maps, they represent mountain peaks.

• Like 2

I believe they are either Trees or Mountains. If trees (probably not) they probably signify some sort of scenic spot like you would see on a tourist map.

If they are mountain (which I think they are) then they are the significant peaks of the regions mountains.

Edited by WolfgangErikson

Judging from the DayZDB map for the mod (haven't played in ages) I would say they're suppose to be rock outcroppings or some such, not a peak.  Since your standing right next to one and there's no cliff (doesn't' show up on the DayZDB map either but the GPS is suppose to be more accurate), as far as I can tell you're near black mountain, but nowhere near the summit.  Maps will usually have the elevation of the peak next to the symbol.

Picture to the left is what it looks like in game. It is some sort of rock. Definitely not peaks, there were whole row of them by the road

Hi Selfcommander, welcome to the forums.  Great question. Always nice to see a fresh face asking different questions.  :thumbsup: