Sign in to follow this  
SNAFU84

Master Shard and Slave Shard

So I finally got my servers running.  I've got a Master Shard and Slave Shard for the Private Hive.  Is it possible to run the Master with persistence on and run the slave with persistence off?  Has anyone done this?  Both servers show up in my ACPLAYER, but they aren't connected.  I can restart them both, do all that stuff, but nothing is shared.  Does anyone know how to connect them or is that all done by the provider, which is Vilayer?  If the Master is located in Montreal and the Slave is located in New York, would that be the reason why they aren't connected/linked characters?  I'm a noob to all this server stuff and waiting 12 hours between each ticket response is kind of annoying.

connection is setup by the provider. the hive is located elsewhere not your server location therefore it doesn't matter where your servers are located it is only player data that is shared between the servers nothing else,

Thanks for the info!  I guess I just have to wait for it to sync up or something.  I thought it would be linked as soon as the server went live.  Odd thing is, when it first went up I had to connect to it remotely, it wouldn't show up in the server list and it was listed as a public server...but it was locked.  Now it's on the Private hive, just not connected.  This stuff is all new to me, lol.

Login to your ACP and open your Master server. Once logged in in ACP, there is a "Find my node id" button on the start page. When you click on that a new screen opens which tells you your Node ID.

Use this Node ID in the purchase process for your slave server (there is a text-field where you fill this in somewhere at the bottom of the page).

If you forgot to do that, you'll have to open up a ticket and let them do it for you.

I have to say though, I personally have a LOT of bad experience with private servers from ViLayer. I have had 5 support tickets about the server being down, unreachable or corrupt config files in the FIRST MONTH of service alone (that was last month). They were all fixed really quickly, but it's a real burden to have to submit a new ticket every time wednessday-maintenance screws up my server.