Sign in to follow this  
macmillan

game runs smooth until screen freezes a few secs

I just bought the game a few days ago, changed the settings so it runs smooth. I connect to a server and the game runs fine until that one moment, when the screen just freezes for 1-2 seconds, after that I keep having major lag and the graphics start looking horrible, you can see polygons of the arms coming through shirts/jackets same for head, and overall player model looks like a model in games from the 90s. the textures of buildings become blurred and extremely low detailed, when entering a building the walls and everything that belongs to the building just disappears, only the items inside the building remain visible. it's lagging so much that it feels like I am suddenly forced to 5FPS. I tried like everything to enhance performance but it still happens.

and well it's not the tweaking since it runs fine until that happens. it sometimes happens after a few minutes, sometimes after 20 minutes, sometimes when getting close to a village, sometimes inside buildings. I noticed that it's gone after I go to settings and enable/disable vsync but soon there after it happens again and again and again. it also seems like it happens more often after trying to fix it (by enabling or disabling vsync) when it first appears. it's really really annoying because you never know when it happens the first time and getting killed by a player or zombie just because you are lagging like crazy.

I haven't seen any solution so far, I've been looking for answers since yesterday, but nobody seems to have the exact same problem.

my computer:

Intel i5-2500k @ 3.30GHz 3.60GHz

16GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX560

edit: yes I tried different graphic settings. like disabling stuff, changing from high to low and back etc nothing helps it keeps happening

Windows Vista Ultimate, 32bit

Edited by Macmillan123

You're issue is when everything "unrenders". It used to happen to me and someone else that I used to know. There's a simple fix, go into Configure, find vSync, and turn it off and on a few times. If that doesn't work, then IDK what will, but that is the supposed solution atm.

Good luck!

well that's what I do when it happens, for example vsync is turned on -> problem appears -> I turn it off works fine for a few minutes, sometimes only a few seconds, then again I go to configure and turn it on again, problem gone again for a few seconds/minutes. it just doesn't stop. it keeps happening. or do you mean turning on and off before that problem actually appears

ok so I tried turning it on and off multiple times before actually connecting to a server. first I thought it worked, because there were no problems, but then it happened again, and again and again. it just won't stop. is there no other solution? :/

I find it runs better at native res and if you are using geforce experience settings move the slider to about 3/4 of the way to quality.

mine:

i5 4460 3.2/3.4

12gb ram

gtx750ti

also is your windows 32 bit using all that ram? has there been a fix for that? (I honestly don't know I've been 64 bit since xp64 pro) I thought it only uses 4GB unless using some sort of trickery.

the slider is already towards performance and well as I said, the game runs fine, there's no lag, nothing when I start it. but after some time there's this huge lag and at the same time the graphics turn into crap. I've been thinking if this is some problem caused by vsync. but it doesn't mater whether it's on or off, it just happens and can only be "fixed" by turning it on/off but after "fixing" it the first time, it starts sooner again. etc until I have to close the game because I toggle vsync on/off again and it happens after one step in game. I really don't know. don't have this problem with any other game.

I mean have the slider 3/4 in favour of quality :)

also in the ingame gfx options there's a gfx memory setting, check if that is set to how much memory your card actually has, or even try auto?

I tried any setting in the video settings tab. I turned memory to auto, even lowered it. turned everything to lowest or disabled. the only thing that happens is, that it looks shitty but the huge lag followed by graphics problem still exists. I also changed the stuff in the .cfgs. nothing, still the same problem :(

edit: I also cahgned everything to highest to try it out - no change

Edited by Macmillan123

I have 64bit OS and suddenly it started happening to me also. I even reinstalled windows 7 64bit again but still getting this exact issue. DayZ worked fine all this time. I started running DayZ in windows XP compatibility mode to gain some extra fps and patch 0.54 stable came out. After that i've been having this issue. Please someone help me! My OS isnt the problem cause its 64bit and all the fixes listed above didnt work. 

AMD FX8350 4.0GHz

16GB RAM

SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X

Edited by wacko2211

I have 64bit OS and suddenly it started happening to me also. I even reinstalled windows 7 64bit again but still getting this exact issue. DayZ worked fine all this time. I started running DayZ in windows XP compatibility mode to gain some extra fps and patch 0.54 stable came out. After that i've been having this issue. Please someone help me! My OS isnt the problem cause its 64bit and all the fixes listed above didnt work. 

AMD FX8350 4.0GHz

16GB RAM

SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X

delete all launch options

delete this dayz folder C:\Users\Franzuu\Documents\DayZ