reaver91

Im not going to be the good guy anymore

No weapon = No threat; most likely no loot; not worth the bullet(s)

Weak/Secondary weapon = Low threat; Watch their activity

Military grade equipment out the arse = High threat; most likely in a squad; shoot on sight.

So how do you classify military stuff? AKMs, AKs in general, and powerful shotguns are pretty common stuff if a player's looting deer stands.

I may have military grade stuff, but I'm not part of a squad and I usually never shoot a single bullet unless I screwed up my sneaking.

I have to admit I did kill someone once because of his gear. Let's just say a silhouette on top of Elektro fire station with NV goggles on his head kinda made me feel uneasy. I was in open ground and didn't take a chance.

But usually, avoidance and total silence means I'm happy, and the other player's happy. I try to follow this rule.

Your community turned me into a bad guy.

Yeah, that's how the psycho/sociopaths get you. They TURN YOU so you can see the light. Hallelujah for another bandit that was born. GJ not standing against the shit and instead just going with it. Guess it's easier that way. And yeah, considering that's what the devs do anyways . .

. . shouldn't surprise me or anyone else, either.

I've had a lot of issues going into Day-Z. My life each playtime was basically 15 minutes because Zombies liked to spawn behind me. Now I found a bunch of stuff. Got AK' date=' Painkillers, food, map, morphine, 4 Soda cans, water bottle etc. I was pumped up! I was going to go out in the world exploring! Help people because I had so many bandages... Then a player comes and kills me for no given reason.

Your community turned me into a bad guy. I'm a Bandit now, I'm always going to be a bandit. No matter if you are unarmed or not. Because war... war never changes.

[/quote']

Welcome to the world of DayZ. Never trust anyone, kill everyone that isn't your clan mates. Don't trust "Friendly" yellers.

I've had a lot of issues going into Day-Z. My life each playtime was basically 15 minutes because Zombies liked to spawn behind me. Now I found a bunch of stuff. Got AK' date=' Painkillers, food, map, morphine, 4 Soda cans, water bottle etc. I was pumped up! I was going to go out in the world exploring! Help people because I had so many bandages... Then a player comes and kills me for no given reason.

Your community turned me into a bad guy. I'm a Bandit now, I'm always going to be a bandit. No matter if you are unarmed or not. Because war... war never changes.

[/quote']

I look forward to hacking your brain out.

Still friendly here. Had some chances to kill other players but did not take advantage and simply let them go (I think none of them was aware to be in scope). I think it is funny to watch other players' movements. Running from Zombies for example always looks funny.

Helped one player out as well. The player intended to loot a deer stand but was unable to come around the zombies and aggroed them finally. Obviously had no weapon. I shot the zombies and moved on (good luck unknown playa :D ).

I see people raging becoming bandits but i dont care i have ran into a barn with a guy in it i yelled in direct comms to not shoot me he didnt we cleared the barn i went my way he went his but there were darker times that i have executed two in need survivors what i am is a cross between bandit and friendly i dont get killed alot i use recon to spot targets i finally joined a group the GSS= Goat sex squad and i have become know as the trigger happy one :P but i have helped clear towns of zeds and bandits while we did over watch for RANDOM people to get there gear they needed and i had the best gear i could get coyote bag m4a1 nvgs and range finders i didnt care as much about the gear as having fun and helping the noobs...

No weapon = No threat; most likely no loot; not worth the bullet(s)

Weak/Secondary weapon = Low threat; Watch their activity

Military grade equipment out the arse = High threat; most likely in a squad; shoot on sight.

That sums it up pretty good. Someone with a high tier gun + alice or coyote is not going to stop and ask if you want some beans. Either stay hidden or pop them if you have no choice. They are definitely gonna pop you and not risk losing their gear.

Well I understand and agree with most of this, but of course there are always exceptions to the rule. I came across some guys in the fire station in Cherno, I only had a revolver on me. I hailed them via direct and asked if I could approach, saying "you guys aren;t going to shoot me right? I have no loot" they said "no, we won't" (the kind voice made me believe it too).

So I went in, and there were 3 guys, 2 of them banding together, the other on his own. The 2 guys buggered off, but the other guy-let me follow him for a while. He was armed to the teeth withy a GUILLE suite and everything. He even bandaged me when I was bleeding without me asking!

This was my first and only form of teaming up with anyone so far, and it only lasted 5 minutes, as the sniper suit guy wanted to go off on his own (probably didnt trust that I wouldnt shoot him in the back I suppose which is fair enough) but it was great to get some co-operation and help! Thanks whoever you were

However, I still believe it is better to be very, very cautious. I would really like to play with one other person, just 2 of us, but I dont have any mates who play DayZ so I guess I'll just wait until I meet someone who I get along with

(read this with Mickey Rourkes voice in your head.) It's official, I just killed a man. Bastard started shooting everywhere as soon as he got his hands on a gun. So I calibrated the shot through my sniper, and shot the bastard in the chest. He didn't stand a chance. He died when he hit the ground. I smirked as I lowered my gun. Let the zombies feast on his flesh, I thought. Feast on it. -.-

I have spent an extremely long time to finally get north and geared. Im sorry to say, that if i see you your going to get a bullet in the back. Im only a good guy at the coast.

I can't believe you guys :O

See this is why there's lots of bandits, because when someone gets shot they rage and get aggro against everyone else because they're afraid of dying and losing everything again. I've accepted the fact that there's a 40% bandit and a 89% shoot on sight population on the servers but if they don't mess with me I'm fine with them going about their business.

I have never pulled the trigger on another player even when they seem hostile, and it has payed off. I'm now 2 days in and I'm heading up to meet some pals to go hunting for military equipment. Though I might not even use it, the guy I'm meeting with looted a medical chopper and I'm really going to just get some of that stuff off of him.

Though I'm pretty lucky it seems.

Shame on you all... :P

Im playing since sunday and whenever i met anyone with a weapon i got shot or hunted on sight. There was only 1 guy who let me run appart, and this mentality is just pissing me off.

From now i shoot on sight when i see that the other guy has a weapon.

I dont realy care about my equip, i played a lot other games with final dead, but i have never seen a worse community... or lets say mentality then this one.

Everyone is playing like a total dick out of there.

I understand when ppl run into the same room and kill on sight (especially when both have weapons in their hands), but to shoot new characters without weapons just on sight at a free place at a field or street without asking /friendly/ or smt like that is just...

I personally don't like to shoot on sight, i don't know who the other player is or what they have, so why waste my precious ammo on them?

However when i see them with a rifle, a lee enfield, a kalashnikov variant, or a carbine. I get paranoid, but only if i have a good weapon.

I recently got a L85 Thermal by an absolute fluke. I'm not sticking around long enough to see what your reaction is, when someone sees a weapon they want, they start to shoot. Thats now my current reaction, if i see them lay in a field, or moving in the opposite direction fine, but any attempt to follow me, or looking at me a little too much, you can guarantee you will find a hole in your body that wasn't there previously.

This is only after countless times of being killed for no reason, i've helped the odd guy getting chased by a horde of zombies, bandaged them up and then started on my way, only to get shot in the back of the head.

Your life and gear are a result of the time invested in your current survival attempt, are you willing to roll the dice whether or not to trust the next guy who comes along?

Let me preface this by saying that I have put numerous hours into the game by now, and have yet to murder any other players, while having been killed by people numerous times. I have had some fun in unpopulated servers, as the concept of the game is indeed fun and has a lot of potential. I play the game as I live my life, trying to help people who need it and gather things up to do so. On every account the game has made me realize I would rather just be a zombie than survive in a world where everyone is a raging douchebag.

On that note, know that there are no friendly players. The people who say they wont shoot will just wait for you to turn around. Anyone who tells you otherwise is hoping they find you in game so they can shoot you and take your stuff. The game is tailor made for griefers. There is no punishment for killing people for no reason, and as evidenced by people who snipe across town to kill you just for fun. They will claim its because they don't trust other people, but they are just in it to kill you. Don't believe me? Watch some videos on YT. They are gloating about doing it.

If you are a new player, my only advice would be to get drinks and food, and run North as soon as you can. The shitdicks who are only interested in killing you for fun tend to hang out near cherno and elektro. Although I wouldn't put it past the losers to hang out for countless hours in Pulkovo just waiting for you to show up. I don't really mind getting sniped by some no-life every once and a while, but when the gameplay revolves around that, I have a hard time investing any energy in playing.

Am I mad? Of course. Can the game eventually sort out the deathmatch bullshit? Possibly.

I wouldn't tell anyone not to try it. As I said, it has the potential for a lot of fun. Be forewarned though, the game has a lot of assholes in it; evidenced vehemently by the people in this thread who rationalize why they will shoot you without question.

tl;dr Try and have fun. It's your only hope.

I've always thought of random survivors as the DayZ equivalent of boss battles. You don't have to win. You just have to not lose.

@BeSerious: I disagree with your opinion to go north as soon as one found some drink and food. It did not work out for me at least. More than drink and food you need the tools to have drink and food if heading north. So you need matches (very rare to find), the hunting knife (rare) and a hatchet (easy to find). To be able to drink from water resources you need at least one cabinet (I think quite hard to find for such a basic item, same like matches wich should be quite common as well). If you got these items it is inevitable to find any weapon while trying to complete the list. I always found at least some enfields, sometimes winchester, dual barrel shotgun or AK. Also you sometimes find sidearms (in my opinion harder to find than rifles).

I always have the hardest time to find a bigger backpack. Okay, I already found some, but never accomplished to get it equipped! The Alice pack in front of me... everything under it taken away... the shitty "take Alice pack" option wont show up. Once it showed up and I tried to safe my loot from my coyote pack... after I did so, the take alice pack option was no longer available :dodgy: this is really annoying. Now, if I will find my next bigger backpack I will give a damn what loot is inside my coyote backpack, I will take it as soon the option pops up and I advice everybody to do the same. Any loot (except for morphine) is quite easy to replace, but finding a bigger backpack (and having it equipped) is not that easy.