Sign in to follow this  
GaryWalnuts

Item Suggestion: Ground Tarp (With Water Collection Function)

So I've stopped using the military tent as it's too easy to spot from afar, because when they find the tent - then they find everything else.  I'm not suggesting that the tent be changed, tents are as they should be:  a compromise between high storage and high visibility.  What I'd like to see is something in-between "tent or backpack stash".  And maybe add something else useful (though difficult to achieve) like water collection.  

So I suggest: The Ground Tarp.  It would need to be persistent and probably a rare civilian item like the small camper tent.  It doesn't need slots for storage and it won't help to keep you dry.  Maybe it's a heavy item that needs to be backpacked like the military tent or carried in hand like the jerry can.  The reward for carrying this roll of polyethylene or canvas back to your camp would be two fold: 

First, the ground tarp would cover the area's grasses like a mat, similar to to what the tent floor does.  This makes it so you can drop items onto it and everything doesn't disappear into the foliage and ferns, as is what typically happens in the woods.  

Secondly, (and this would require that jerry cans be made persistent too) Now that jerrys can be emptied and refilled with drinkable water - you can attach a jerry can to your ground tarp.  Maybe this process requires additional tools like pliers and wire to craft the attachment.  Now, with these two somewhat difficult items to acquire (or carry) when it rains on the server it would collect water into the jerry, similar to the "Catch some rain" function in the PET and canteen.  

Just your basic ground tarp + optional water collector (and *not* craftable into another tent, we've got tents already!)

• Like 3

I would love to see water collection devices put in Dayz. This should all come around the same time we have need to use water purification tabs or need to boil our water. It would give people whom enjoy "survivalist" mentality a way to collect larger amounts of water, without need to make pit stops at pumps/rivers/ponds

I would love to see water collection devices put in Dayz. This should all come around the same time we have need to use water purification tabs or need to boil our water. It would give people whom enjoy "survivalist" mentality a way to collect larger amounts of water, without need to make pit stops at pumps/rivers/ponds

Yep, I've learned that you can empty a jerry can of it's gasoline and fill it with 20L of drinkable water (that's 20 PET bottles worth) from a well or a pond .  Then carry it in your hands back to your camp  B)  I've also learned that they aren't persistent  :huh: