Sign in to follow this  
P3Nn

Hi guys :)

Hi Guys,

I've not been on the forums for a long time infact i'd had a break from DayZ for 3-4 months. Now i'm back playing again thought i'd drop by and say hi!

So i've put in about 16hours since my return.

One thing i will say is that I'm surprised with how little progress has been made!

Why hasn't it been optimized/Why isn't a new game engine being used?

I've been following/playing Rust as well and that game has made leaps and bounds in the same time it's taken DayZ to implement a vechicle with poor physics, Add a few features, change basic mechanics and add a few new map locations.

Are the developers restricted by the legacy game engine it's using????

I'm not saying you should go buy Rust because you shouldn't. Both games are completely differen't and DayZ will always hold a place in my Steam for being the brutal simulation that it is. I'm just wondering if anyone can answer why there appears to be a lack of development/It's hard to develop?

On a seperate note:

I'm creating a seperate thread on a benchmark i'm doing today which i'll link shortly!

For lols i'm testing DayZ:Standalone on my work PC:

Xeon E3 @3.5ghz Quad Core
Win7 Pro 64Bit
16GB DDR4@2133Mhz
1TB HDD
NVidia Quadro K2200 2GB

Edited by P3Nn

Well, they are breaking the engine apart to make it modular. They are rewriting the engine, renderer, server code, changing over to a new scripting language, introducing vehicles, rewriting zed and animal AI, etc., etc., etc.

This should bring you up to speed:

http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-17-feb-15

• Like 2

Well, they are breaking the engine apart to make it modular. They are rewriting the engine, renderer, server code, changing over to a new scripting language, introducing vehicles, rewriting zed and animal AI, etc., etc., etc.

This should bring you up to speed:

http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-17-feb-15

That sounds like progress to me! I'll have a read, Thanks for the link :)

One thing i will say is that I'm surprised with how little progress has been made!

You are correct, little progress has been made. But then again, remember that you paid for the game up front. The game developers gave you an IOU.

On the other hand, I have logged over 600 hours in this game, much more than I've logged in Battlefield 4 where I paid $80 for that game. So $30 is one hell of a deal in regards to DayZ.

You are correct, little progress has been made. But then again, remember that you paid for the game up front. The game developers gave you an IOU.

On the other hand, I have logged over 600 hours in this game, much more than I've logged in Battlefield 4 where I paid $80 for that game. So $30 is one hell of a deal in regards to DayZ.

I did indeed and it's not like i'm not aware it's Alpha! It's just hard to believe at this rate that the game will be ready by 2016 as claimed.

I'd probably agree that i've got my moneys worth in playtime but mainly because it takes 2 hours to run to meet a friend on the other side of the map lol.. That's not a bad thing though because it's the way the game needs to be but multiple bicycles would be a lot more helpful than a rare spawning truck.

The game has a lot of potential and the future will only tell! First thing is to start fresh and stop using the restricted,clunky,unrefined engine it currently has.

Edited by P3Nn