Sign in to follow this  
TYLERLIKESTACOS

Can I run Arma 2 on this hunk of junk

I'm planning on buying it either way if the steam summer sale ever happens but I was wondering if my pc could handle it even if its only on low/min settings.

Specs

CPU- AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core QL-65 2.1GHz

Ram- 3.00 GB

Video card- ATI Radeon 3100

It's a piece of shit but I can run a decent amount of games with it like the STALKER series SC2 and Killing Floor

It will be probably all other than smooth. At best you'll get 15 fps i think.

I run it on an Athlon X2 6000+ 3.0GHz, 6GB of ram, SSD and a HIS 4870 512MB (870MHz) and after tweaking my settings i get an acceptable 30fps.

The system requirement lab is bullshit it says I cant run half the games I play and I can run the free version of arma fine with moderate settings

oops... I didn't realize you said Arma 2... not Dayz...

But if you did mean dayz... then Arma free has higher fps then DayZ... I think... cause I haven't tested it I can't be 100% for sure... but from what I've read on these forums I believe that is the case.

Yeah dayz spawns a lot more stuff than the average arma 2 scenario, and texture settings on the free version don't mean anything because it hase only the low-res ones.

It is far more processor and RAM intensive than it is on the graphics.

You can always try if you want, but then if it doesn't run smooth don't say you haven't been warned.

Wouldn't the requirements be the same for arma 2 as day z since its a mod for the base game?

Edit:

My ram and processor more than meet the requirements for the base game so I'm assuming that they'll do fine for dayZ the only thing I'm worried about is that shit integrated video card I'm working with.

I've downloaded Arma 2 Demo to check how it works on my laptop

I have over 30FPS on minimum in benchmark.

My specs

Asus K52JE

Intel Core i3-370m 2,4GHz

4GB Ram

Radeon 5470

Should it be enough for DayZ?

Yes you can run dayz with that set up. On low/moderate settings settings without HDR. my friend plays on worse with less ram and gets by ok.

Which of us can run it him or me? And rAdd this isn't a thread for everyone to ask I'm just trying to find out if my piece of shit can run it