Sign in to follow this  
smore98

Well it's been a while...

I would say it's been well over a year since I last logged on to these forums. 

Just checking to see how others think of either the mod or standalone. I can't even play the mod since ArmA is not validating my game files. I've been looking at the progress of the standalone every now and again, but I would like to hear what others think of its progress so far.

It's not for everyone. 

I really enjoy it, and I've logged a good 700 hours or so. It's a buggy mess, but it's a really fun buggy mess. It has far more potential than mod had or still has, but it's still a work in progress.

• Like 1

Apparently the new renderer might show it's head soon. There's been a bunch of excitement about that. V3S trucks are around and make for something interesting (when they're not glitching under the world). It's like Cap'n says, a fun buggy mess (which is ok, it's still early access alpha), it's keeping my interest at 1000+ hours still. Progress is being made and interesting things keep popping up every Wednesday.

I think its being terrible i dont run exp so when they release a update i have a go and it seems to have the same problems for me all the time.

Lag

Dsync

No zombies

When there is Zombies there running through walls & doors

Zombies hitting you through objects

Melee combat is awful

Awful performance random fps drop

Non response to key's 1,2,3 and so on

Awful menu system

Very clunky controls

They have made a huge amount of money of it and it still feels the same clunky mess it did a year ago.

• Like 1

I think its being terrible i dont run exp so when they release a update i have a go and it seems to have the same problems for me all the time.

Lag

Dsync

No zombies

When there is Zombies there running through walls & doors

Zombies hitting you through objects

Melee combat is awful

Awful performance random fps drop

Non response to key's 1,2,3 and so on

Awful menu system

Very clunky controls

They have made a huge amount of money of it and it still feels the same clunky mess it did a year ago.

Some of your points are actually valid. It pains me to say it but yes. They are valid. But that's where the story ends.

Zombies are placeholders at the moment. 

Awful menu system ? How so. ? How long do you spend in the menu?

Discussing the "huge amount of money" they made at tail end of your post kind of devalues any validity to your opinion to be honest. You sound hurt.....like you've been ripped off.

If you care to take a look through the change-logs and developer blogs written over the past year you would see a vast amount of improvements to the software. The sheer nature of DayZ and it's vast landscape is amazing in itself. There is no magic here. This is a one of a kind game that even H1Z1 isn't close to. How many multiplayer games let you run about with people from all corners of the globe and let you interact in gun-play / role-play in a reasonably fluid and generally enjoyable fashion - all the while on a massive terrain that is so big it requires a map and compass to get your head around. (????)

Credit where credit is due. Maybe this isn't for you.

Some of your points are actually valid. It pains me to say it but yes. They are valid. But that's where the story ends.

Zombies are placeholders at the moment. 

Awful menu system ? How so. ? How long do you spend in the menu?

Discussing the "huge amount of money" they made at tail end of your post kind of devalues any validity to your opinion to be honest. You sound hurt.....like you've been ripped off.

If you care to take a look through the change-logs and developer blogs written over the past year you would see a vast amount of improvements to the software. The sheer nature of DayZ and it's vast landscape is amazing in itself. There is no magic here. This is a one of a kind game that even H1Z1 isn't close to. How many multiplayer games let you run about with people from all corners of the globe and let you interact in gun-play / role-play in a reasonably fluid and generally enjoyable fashion - all the while on a massive terrain that is so big it requires a map and compass to get your head around. (????)

Credit where credit is due. Maybe this isn't for you.

Well said, my friend, well said!!!!