bmeschke

Unknown Software Exception 0xc0000417

DayZ Will not launch. I am getting this error:

"The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000417) occurred in the application at location 0x5f6a46bb."

I have tried everything I could find online about this for other programs. I updated my visual c++, my anti-virus is disabled and my firewall has an exception for both dayz and battleye, validated the local files, did a complete reinstall, did a clean restart with practically no non-windows services running, made sure it is running as admin, tried running it directly from the folder, deleted user preferences... I just can't think of what else to do. Help?

post-226730-0-31000200-1423940266_thumb.

I hope you 're not running any "shit" along with the launch that could tamper the game right?

"Software exception 0xc0000417 or error 417 occurs when the game's anti-hack application is blocked from operating either by the computer's antivirus or security programs, missing files, or other unknown causes. This most commonly occurs with McAfee."

It may be possible that a background process or service is conflicting with The anti-hack software.

Please use the Clean Startup procedure to troubleshoot any potential conflicts.

(Source Here)

Here's another dude on a popular hacking site,asking for tech support for that same "application error".

This one tried to run Arma 2 with injector and the anti-cheat wouldn't let him,and coincidentally he received your error message.

hello,
So I have a problem with my injector or the game I'm not sure which but when I go to run the game when I have injected my script it comes up with an error saying "The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000417) occurred the application at location 0x7378af3e. Anyone know a solution because i tried a lot e.g. locate local files for arma, disable all of the current running taks and then run it but nothing is working :S

(Source)

Excuse me in advance,but there was a big ban wave going on the last couple of days so i'm kinda suspicious of these kind of posts...

Edited by Damnyourdeadman