sk-

Ashes of NYC | 40 & 50 | Multiple Providers | Active Admin & Community

NEWS: March 23 2015: We are moving Ashes2 (Persistence) OFF Vilayer and onto Fragnet. Details should be updated in the next 24 hours!

First off, thanks for stopping by this thread!

Ashes of NYC' is run by old school dayz mod lovers that have moved to SA.

We have two servers on two different providers - you should always

be able to find an ‘Ashes’ server up.

Homepage: NYCDayz.com

Hostashes.nycdayz.com:2402

IP:Port198.12.65.193:2402

Provider: Fragnet

Type: Public

Hostashes2.nycdayz.com:2802

IP:Port104.227.2.114:2802 

Provider: Vilayer

Type: Public Persistent

TeamSpeakts.nycdayz.com:10012

We welcome everyone; hop on TS to really get the full experience! We try

to promote fun and if we stumble into bambies we’ll often provide them

some supplies. 

So come travel, fight and pound tactical bacon with us!

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

Also, don't forget to join our Steam Community: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NYCDayZ

Edited by sk-
  • Like 1

Fun night - lots of rain though - had to keep the fire burning and clothes dry, heh.

Being chased by a zombie around Novo (I think...) area (had been wandering the woods) and as I'm prep'n to axe him as I back into the firehouse, I hear rapid "friendly! friendly!" over direct - As I'm axeing the zombie I'm now assessing this new threat - (thinking, damn I'm about to die) but he never takes his axe down to swap for a (flare) gun ... so we chat for a few seconds and on our way - Good fun, no KoS crap.

(Osb) well, at least not on _our_ servers, heh.

Shot from tonight, captioned "Exploring what's left"

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/37489242702928714/8E8ED23199A3ECB4EED8CD251A9CF765329EF90B/

• Like 1

Yeah!  Persistance seems to be...odd.  There's a crap ton of loot in the vybor military base.  I'll need to put a line into the developers to see what the persistance expectation is.

Fun times.

Yeah!  Persistance seems to be...odd.  There's a crap ton of loot in the vybor military base.  I'll need to put a line into the developers to see what the persistance expectation is.

Fun times.

Hmm I mean that sounds great, but you think it's a bug or possibly a result of some tampering / hacking?

Fun times regardless!!!

Hmm I mean that sounds great, but you think it's a bug or possibly a result of some tampering / hacking?

Fun times regardless!!!

Bug, with both.  People are putting any and all items they can find in backpacks so that more loot respawns.  It will eventually result in a littered server, and I dont know if those items inside of backpacks eventually age-off and are removed.

I'll open a ticket with the bug tracker and post in the dev forums, hopefully we'll get a clear picture of what to expect from the current implementation of persistance.

Edited by osb

Made your pair of servers my primary place to play once I started playing dayz again.

Have had a good time so far.

I go by Giantenemycrab in game.

Hello All - long time no updates (We've been busy playing!)

After a few players complained about items not persisting on Ashes #2 (Hosted by Vilayer) and some back and forth with Vilayer, I finally tested for myself.

Placed a backpack, bounced server, logged in, backpack gone!

This explains the missing tents, vehicles, etc. 

Ashes #1 is hosted on Fragnet and overall it's been working well. We're now moving off Vilayer and getting a new persistence server on Fragnet. 

Details to come. 

Finally, apologies to anyone that lost items. Nothing more I can do besides move the business to another provider. Sorry!

Thanks Trev - been fun gaming with you!

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/37492408382057395/B414AE87B315BF3E613165C527235E705EE85840/

Edited by sk-
  • Like 1

I have a base on your server and am just curious of what reason it was taken offline for. Hopefully it will come back online so I can move it to a more reliable server

EDIT: It probably just hasn't come back online yet after today's maintenance. I forgot to consider the maintenance because it went down a fair amount of time before the other servers started to go down as well. All of them seem to not have come back yet so I will re-edit this post shortly..

EDIT 2: Yeah it was the shard going down before almost every other server. My bad. <3

Edited by ghoulman