jacobahalls

What Is This? (Please Fix Trees)

Before I start, I want to tell you that I love this game and I understand that it is Alpha. I have almost 500 hours on DayZ alone and will continue to enjoy but wish to show everyone what needs to be fixed because this is an issue.

The Dropbox is higher quality but cant be seen because of high traffic.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50903035/2015_02_13_16_26_01.mp4

Don't worry, my friend ended up killing him but we couldn't loot his body (Another Problem).

Also, should I post this on the feedback bug report?

Edited by Jacobahalls
  • Like 1

Yeah, I see two headshots while he was in the pine tree that were just eaten up by the leaves. Then of course the one body shot after his legs were broken that seemed to land.

By the way, I'm the guy who avenged him and had issues looting the body. I tried moving the items onto myself, dropping them onto the ground, and even dropping my own items then trying to wear the items off of the bodies, all to no avail. I could have at least scrounged a gun and some pants for him, seeing as everything else was ruined by the quickscope battle up hill, but yeah....I'd say the looting issue is also quite urgent, seeing as it can completely ruin the experience for many a player.

would chopping down the tree help the looting?

No, the bodies both ragdolled down the hill, so I'm guessing that has something to due with the issue; although we (me and a group of friends) had the same issue a day or two ago without the body sliding down an entire hill, so I'm not too sure.