PrinceOfArendelle

Preparing to Launch DayZ and nothing happens.

Happened after updating to 0.53. I click play, preparing to launch window appears then nothing happens. I click play again and process repeats. Help?

Have you checked if your firewall is blocking DayZ/BE? Sometimes it won't recognize it after an update.

Which Windows version are you using? If 7 or 8, you can open the 'action center' and check.

I know the solution to this.

Did you watch any videos on how to improve your FPS?

You might have changed one of your setting.

I changed one of my setting and reverted it back.

Works good

I know the solution to this.

Did you watch any videos on how to improve your FPS?

You might have changed one of your setting.

I changed one of my setting and reverted it back.

Works good

I cant because I cant even enter the game.

Which Windows version are you using? If 7 or 8, you can open the 'action center' and check.

Okay, I got lost right when I opened it. What do I do after I open action center?

And no, I didn't edit any files. 

Edited by PrinceOfArendelle

Are you using Windows Xp?

You can't run DayZ on windows XP anymore, they changed it lol.

Try this.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DayZ

Go there.

Right click DayZ_BE.exe and select Properties on the bottom if you have Windows 8.1 or similar.

Then compatibility 2nd tab.

Make sure it does not say

"Run this program in compatibility for"

"Windows Xp"

• Like 1

There should be a 'security' tab, I think that's the name. Antivirus software and firewall should be listed, if present.

Are you using Windows Xp?

You can't run DayZ on windows XP anymore, they changed it lol.

Try this.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DayZ

Go there.

Right click DayZ_BE.exe and select Properties on the bottom if you have Windows 8.1 or similar.

Then compatibility 2nd tab.

Make sure it does not say

"Run this program in compatibility for"

"Windows Xp"

I'm on Windows 7, do I still need to do this?

Edited by PrinceOfArendelle

I'm on Windows 7, do I still need to do this?

No I don't think you want to do that.

I've been told that win xp compatibility mode doesn't work either (gives the same error as actual win xp), but it might be different for you who knows. Many people ran in win xp mode or windows xp itself for fps.

If you haven't already, try verifying your local game files through steam. Right click DayZ in steam and click properties, you can then find it in the local files tab I believe. It might take a couple minutes for it to check your game files.

All else fails, uninstall and completely reinstall the game.

Edited by Chzy

No I don't think you want to do that.

I've been told that win xp compatibility mode doesn't work either (gives the same error as actual win xp), but it might be different for you who knows. Many people ran in win xp mode or windows xp itself for fps.

If you haven't already, try verifying your local game files through steam. Right click DayZ in steam and click properties, you can then find it in the local files tab I believe. It might take a couple minutes for it to check your game files.

All else fails, uninstall and completely reinstall the game.

I've verified the integerity of game files already and reinstalled DayZ and nothing. 

I've verified the integerity of game files already and reinstalled DayZ and nothing. 

You could try what the forum guy said and check your firewall. I don't know about the action center but I know you can go into the Control Panel > Windows Firewall, then click advanced settings, it will open another window and on this click the Inbound Rules tab thingy, in the list that comes up look for one (or more) that says DayZ, right click and choose properties and under "Action" make sure all of them are set to "Allow this connection".

You may have to perform similar steps if you have another firewall installed (such as AVG firewall or something), and it could even be possible that your anti-virus program has disallowed it for some stupid reason so might have to check both of them.

If this doesn't work, do me a favor and after or while you are trying to run DayZ open up the windows task manager (hold ctrl+alt, then type the del key) and click the processes tab. Start the game with the task manager open and watch what the "DayZ.exe" or "DayZ_BE.exe" processes do, see if it just disappears or if it stays there and which one starts/which one doesn't etc... or if it even does at all.

Now that I think of it, go to your DayZ directory inside steam (Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\) and try running both of the exe files in there (DayZ.exe, DayZ_BE.exe) see if one works and the other doesn't.

Edited by Chzy

You could try what the forum guy said and check your firewall. I don't know about the action center but I know you can go into the Control Panel > Windows Firewall, then click advanced settings, it will open another window and on this click the Inbound Rules tab thingy, in the list that comes up look for one (or more) that says DayZ, right click and choose properties and under "Action" make sure all of them are set to "Allow this connection".

You may have to perform similar steps if you have another firewall installed (such as AVG firewall or something), and it could even be possible that your anti-virus program has disallowed it for some stupid reason so might have to check both of them.

If this doesn't work, do me a favor and after or while you are trying to run DayZ open up the windows task manager (hold ctrl+alt, then type the del key) and click the processes tab. Start the game with the task manager open and watch what the "DayZ.exe" or "DayZ_BE.exe" processes do, see if it just disappears or if it stays there and which one starts/which one doesn't etc... or if it even does at all.

Now that I think of it, go to your DayZ directory inside steam (Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\) and try running both of the exe files in there (DayZ.exe, DayZ_BE.exe) see if one works and the other doesn't.

Yeah, I tried running DayZ.exe and DayZ_BE.exe 

When I run it on DayZ.exe I get: "The program can't start because MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. (I tried reinstalling and still nothing)

When I run it on DayZ_BE.exe I get: "Exception Processing Message 0xc0000135 Parameters 0x00000 (list of numbers and letters keeps going on)

When I run it on DayZ.exe I get: "The program can't start because MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. (I tried reinstalling and still nothing)

When I run it on DayZ_BE.exe I get: "Exception Processing Message 0xc0000135 Parameters 0x00000 (list of numbers and letters keeps going on)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Ah, yea download and install runtime as Franzuu said.

I think DayZ itself also has a runtime installer packed with it. (Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\_Commonredist\vcredist\2013\vcredist_x##.exe) Install the version for your OS, x64 for 64 bit windows 7, etc.

Edited by Chzy

Not trying to thread jack, but I'm experiencing the same issue and I realized the last thread I posted in has a green 'answered' icon next to the title, so i figured no one will go in there anymore.

I'm still experiencing this issue even though I re-installed directx and vcredist. 

I've tried everything from uninstalling the game completely and re-installing, verifying game files, deleting the DayZ folder in Documents, deleting Dayz folder in AppData\Local, removing launch parameters, turning off firewall and anti-virus. I've run out of ideas...

Are there any other options that I'm missing?

It installs some necessary stuff that enables you to run applications developed with Visual Studio 2013. If you had Visual Studio 2013 you wouldn't need it, but only developers do. This is for users. The Devs recently upgraded to VS2013.

It should have installed while installing the game through steam or updating it. Its probably the admin privileges that is messing it up. Pretty sure you get it from windows update too. 

You might already have it, but it might be corrupt.

Try NOT running Steam as admin. Steam might have admin level privileges on all accounts.

Do you have any firewalls, antiviruses or other monitoring software on the PC?

Edited by Franzuu

I have attempted to run steam without admin privileges, but without success.

The odd thing is when I attempt to load the game with task manager up, I never see the DayZ.exe populate the list. I do however see the BEservice.exe. Thinking that it may be a BattlEye issue, I attempted to re-install BattlEye manually and through steam by verifying the game files after manually deleting the BattlEye folder from the game install directory. Both of these attempts failed to solve my issue.

I was trying to think if I have changed anything since the last time I played the game, but I'm positive I haven't other than a several Windows updates.

I was looking forward to checking out the prison island... guess not.