Sign in to follow this  
hathegkla

"you are dead" soon after joining a server. Healthy, energized, hydrated. No injuries.

I was just wondering if this was a common issue. It's happened to me twice this week while very well equipped. Both times it was my first login of the day, one on a new server, one on a server I frequent. I joined and played for maybe 20 or 30 seconds then out of nowhere I get the message "you are dead". No other players, no zombies, no gunshots.

The only thing I can think of is that I was at height both times and maybe there was lag and I glitched through a wall and fell to my death before anything registered visually. does this happen a lot?

• Like 1

Most likely you logged off on a 1st or second floor, you dsynced when loading, starting running about and the dsync caught up with you and squished you.

Got the same, i was full equipped, joined an empty server, played 5sec, then in the middle of a field suddenly: "you are dead" no other players where on the server

Edited by AUTRanger

i had a glitch where I logged out hydrated and energized. When I logged it I was randomly Starving and Thirsty dark red. It very nearly killed me.

i had a glitch where I logged out hydrated and energized. When I logged it I was randomly Starving and Thirsty dark red. It very nearly killed me.

Yeah that happened to me like a week ago as well. I ate and drank again till I was energized and hydrated again but I got sick and started to get dizzy, nausea etc and eventually died. I was geared pretty well too.

Most likely you logged off on a 1st or second floor, you dsynced when loading, starting running about and the dsync caught up with you and squished you.

sound's about right. it's strange though, I've been playing since the mod came out and haven't had this happen until last week and it happened twice.

sound's about right. it's strange though, I've been playing since the mod came out and haven't had this happen until last week and it happened twice.

Dsync is getting very janky with the last patch.  I often get an uncontrollable character from time to time and he moves about randomly

Edited by Beav

Its not because 1st floor, i had it a 2nd time yesterday. Again in the middle of a field, i rejoined the same server, died again after 5sec, respawned, and died again.... it seems like its a very, very bad serverglitch/bug and i hope they fix it very soon...

Last night I logged out in a bush - i was there a while before I logged and checked my inventory.. hung out. So I was 5 mins in that place, and hardly moved more than a foot of so to get better cover from the tree branches, in case anyone was close when I came back.. So this is not a "lag" thing - when I logged in today I was in the middle of a field in the open about a minute run from where I logged out. No damage, same stuff.; but just NOT where I was AT ALL when I logged out. But close enough that it's not a random thing, its a misplacement, not a "random login"

Was strange. This is the first time this happened.

But I have known for a long time that if you log out in a building you risk coming back and finding you're in the floor, or when you log in you fall through the floor till you hit the ground. Normally, as long as you are on ground - terrain- when you log you should be OK because the terrain is created differently than the buildings.

Example - Sometimes if you log in inside a building, at first you cant see the building;, you can just see the ground (and any loot lying around). If you move (carefully) the building comes back after a short time. The ground is there 'before' you are fully logged in, but structures mmight or might NOT be. Never log out in building sever, if you can help it. If the server restarts when you're on a roof.. then you just have to take your chances.. but don't be surprised if you die, it happens

So - never log in any building off the ground, Ive fallen through to basements and died, or fallen into "no exit" building spaces and nearly starved before I could glitch out..

But this is the first time I log out in one place and come back 200 yards away.  Anyone else had this ?

xx pilgrim.

Edited by pilgrim