Sign in to follow this  
Shawn P

[Video] Me thinking I'm playing the hero >.>

Well I thought I'd try to play somewhat of a hero...

Edited by Shawn P

I think those guys were friendly because they were talking in game chat, you could of shot them from the bar, and you trying to be a hero with a payday mask it would not work.

I think those guys were friendly because they were talking in game chat, you could of shot them from the bar, and you trying to be a hero with a payday mask it would not work.

I've been shot at from people who've talked in game chat, so really it doesn't mean that they're not.

I love those masks :) I know their a "bandit" or "killer" thing, but I gotta wear what I like, regardless :)

:lol:  Wearing the wolf mask is never a good idea when trying to be a "hero" in DayZ... I kinda liked the bandits and heroes in the mod since they were directly linked to a mechanic of the game : the humanity system.

But in the stand alone, there's no such thing. Only your real humanity, and the one you immerse yourself into, whether it's roleplay or plain military tactics with a group on TeamSpeak. I really liked the hero skin in the mod, and often go back to my makeshift version of it in the stand alone, but it's only as a personal taste, like you wearing that wolf mask.

In the end, the "hero" style gameplay in my opinion is talk first and shoot later. Waiting a bit behind that house trying to hear what they were saying might have been a better idea, as the guy you shot was just eating there. A bit careless if you ask me, with all this apocalypse going on everywhere, but in the end, you just killing him straight like that was just cold blooded murder. :D  Some call this "bandit" style, but it's clearly not as no one was robbed of anything (except his life... :rolleyes: ) and no interaction other than gunfire so, if someone call "banditry" on that, lol.

Try using the mic a bit more man, might have been an interesting interaction, as those guys seemed to just have met and were using in game voip to communicate. Anyway, that's just my taste.

Keep it up man.

• Like 2