Sign in to follow this  
Carmelo Anthony

Do tents wipe every week?

Do tents wipe every week or only on update weeks? Also, when they do wipe, does the tent itself stay (and everything inside is cleared) or is that also gone?

Thanks.

Everything goes. Nothing stays. Pack your tent prior to logging off or you will lose it.

Use the search on this forum. This subject has been discussed countless times before. You will find all the info there. 

Edited by Zeotrope

Everything goes. Nothing stays. Pack your tent prior to logging off or you will lose it.

Use the search on this forum. This subject has been discussed countless times before. You will find all the info there. 

Actually it has not been discussed in a manner where we get any kind of solid answer Mr. 8 posts...That's why it keeps being brought up ( COUNTLESS TIMES ) as you put it. I'm glad that this subject gets brought up every other day in a new post.... Mabey they will finally do something about it and fix the TENT PERSISTENCE already. Seems to be a major issue in my opinion. Whats the point of making any kind of base/camp if i gotta pack it up every week. It's ridiculous ... a year in and i gotta pack up a tent each week and ditch my gear... Get real already...

• Like 5

I found a military tent actually within this week of the new patch coming out but i left it for some other lucky soul to find. Currently dumping a whole backpack full of usefull goods outweighs carrying a tent on your back you MAY or maynot have in the next few days if you can even remember where you placed it.

Edited by Deathlove

Actually it has not been discussed in a manner where we get any kind of solid answer Mr. 8 posts...That's why it keeps being brought up ( COUNTLESS TIMES ) as you put it. I'm glad that this subject gets brought up every other day in a new post.... Mabey they will finally do something about it and fix the TENT PERSISTENCE already. Seems to be a major issue in my opinion. Whats the point of making any kind of base/camp if i gotta pack it up every week. It's ridiculous ... a year in and i gotta pack up a tent each week and ditch my gear... Get real already...

I understand that it's painful pack it up every week but we are only testing at the moment after all. Seems to real issues with persistence. But if in .53 they stay....then I stand corrected.

Edited by Zeotrope

It's actually every two weeks on Wednesday. Why does the BE message lie? 

Bastion doesn't play the game.

:^)

It's actually every two weeks on Wednesday. Why does the BE message lie? 

Bastion doesn't play the game.

:^)

So how do I know which week is the wipe week?

Mr. 8 posts :D

I agree with you man, 1 year in and I gotta ditch all the crap I towed in my camp. Get fucking real.

• Like 1

EDIT : my post was moved here, sorry if it doesnt make sense

Need a recap on tent persistence and storage please

So, can anybody please recap the current 0.53 stable tent capabilities for me? The info i am finding is often outdated and contradictory.

First off : Where to put my tent.

I have 2 public "persistence on" servers that i go to when i need to micro manage stuff or explore areas in relative safety, as everybody is rather friendly there and its generally low population. Also, these servers seem to stay on line for a while now and dont suddenly go off-line.

So i decided to put up my tent there, but before i do that, i had to check persistence. I dropped some clothing, an axe and a leather backpack in a barn, and put some stuff inside the leather backpack. I checked back occasionally and everything was there.
Then i waited a couple of hours, until the server had definitely restarted. The clothing and splitter axe i had dropped where gone, and some new stuff had spawned at different locations inside the barn. The leather backpack was still in the same location though, and the same items where in it.
So does this qualify as a normal "persistence on" server? And if i put up my tent here, will it stay there until the maintenance on Wednesday including inventory?

Also : Does the wipe happen every week, or every two weeks ? If so : is this week a "wipe week" ? :)

Secondly : what can i put in tents nowadays? The last time i used a tent (only had it for a day), some stuff was gone after a while, and i also had to leave a slot open to make the inventory visible again.
Does storing clothes / food / ammo work nowadays? Should i only use it for weapons?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by nillie

i too would like to know what i have to do with a tent me and my buddy's just found....we are on a persistent server, have a military tent packed to the gills and its in a nice hidden area of the map.

so after all weekend of stocking it and the the amount of time we spent lookig for one, are we going to lose it this come wednesday?

DIT : my post was moved here, sorry if it doesnt make sense

Need a recap on tent persistence and storage please

So, can anybody please recap the current 0.53 stable tent capabilities for me? The info i am finding is often outdated and contradictory.

First off : Where to put my tent.

I have 2 public "persistence on" servers that i go to when i need to micro manage stuff or explore areas in relative safety, as everybody is rather friendly there and its generally low population. Also, these servers seem to stay on line for a while now and dont suddenly go off-line.

So i decided to put up my tent there, but before i do that, i had to check persistence. I dropped some clothing, an axe and a leather backpack in a barn, and put some stuff inside the leather backpack. I checked back occasionally and everything was there.

Then i waited a couple of hours, until the server had definitely restarted. The clothing and splitter axe i had dropped where gone, and some new stuff had spawned at different locations inside the barn. The leather backpack was still in the same location though, and the same items where in it.

So does this qualify as a normal "persistence on" server? And if i put up my tent here, will it stay there until the maintenance on Wednesday including inventory?

Also : Does the wipe happen every week, or every two weeks ? If so : is this week a "wipe week" ? :)

Secondly : what can i put in tents nowadays? The last time i used a tent (only had it for a day), some stuff was gone after a while, and i also had to leave a slot open to make the inventory visible again.

Does storing clothes / food / ammo work nowadays? Should i only use it for weapons?

Thanks in advance.

beware of wiper tents ! 

lwsm_10windshieldwipertent_2926.jpg

im to stupid to use spoiler function srry

Edited by Munson_fry

once tents persist with gear in them, and trucks stay now. then we can begin having some real "hideout" going on.

atm having multile hideouts or tents is no point such a pain in the ass come wednesdays to visit them all. find space for all the gear stashed and pack them down. which 1 guy has to forgo just about everything for 1 tent