Sign in to follow this  
alphatangobravo6

Will DayZ Survive?

Might try sa again its been a few months, I'll play the mod for a long time as well as sa I think, until the sa can be modded/customised at least, this will be when the mod will die I think. I enjoy vanilla as well as Arma2 zombies ya see.

As for h1z1, yeah, close the door on your way out :P

• Like 1

DayZsa may try and cater for the masses but that is a dangerous premise. Adding stuff is exactly the problem with 99% of DayZmod servers and the vast majority no longer feel like DayZ, more like ArmaII with zombies. There are servers out there which still run vanilla, and I have one which runs DayZmod with the core DayZ values of survival intact (rare loot, craft meds, no traders, no markers, no tanks, no pink, 1st person combat, cold/dark nights, bad food spawns, extreme weather).

My community and I will keep DayZmod alive as long as I have cash in my pocket, and the Devs are not giving up on this fantastic game. I only hope that more players/admins realise what integrity means and desist the attrition of DayZmod.

Edited by Cartoonrboy
  • Like 2

DayZsa may try and cater for the masses but that is a dangerous premise. Adding stuff is exactly the problem with 99% of DayZmod servers and the vast majority no longer feel like DayZ, more like ArmaII with zombies. There are servers out there which still run vanilla, and I have one which runs DayZmod with the core DayZ values of survival intact (rare loot, craft meds, no traders, no markers, no tanks, no pink, 1st person combat, cold/dark nights, bad food spawns, extreme weather).

My community and I will keep DayZmod alive as long as I have cash in my pocket, and the Devs are not giving up on this fantastic game. I only hope that more players/admins realise what integrity means and desist the attrition of DayZmod.

+1 mate

I hope more good communities fill the void left in the wake of the migration and server swap-over. far too many treat their servers as a business trying to market their 'doner packs' instead of focusing on providing great core content. when i rented my own box with 2 private hives on it i absolutely refused to ever introduce 'doner perks' beyond a tag on teamspeak and a mention on our web page as a supporter (if they wished). as a player i wouldn't WANT perks. it takes away from what dayZ is to me; you start a fresh life awaking somewhat disoriented to a scary and dangerous world with only the things you come across on your way to make do.

• Like 1

To answer the thread question, my opinion is no, it will not survive or it will change to something completely different from the Mod some of us discovered and enjoyed in 2012. Splitting up this 'game' between the original Mod and the SA was the absolute worst thing which could have happened. It split up the player base, slowed down development in both of them and now, to an outsider, all this is just a confusing mess: A mod which only has a few original servers and more and more stupid mod mods which just changed the game for the worse, or a 'Standalone' which when you ask why is it so bad, everyone just hides behind the "it's still in development" line...

The general play style has also degraded a whole lot. I've been playing back when the Mod was more for survival, as intended, took a long break and now I've given it a shot again. I started out with a little experiment: I spawned and went unarmed to the outskirts of Cherno where, of course, I got shot on sight. I didn't try to hide or panic when being shot at, I just wanted to see what would happen. The troubling thing is that I did this continuously for a couple of hours (about 10 lives) in random locations around the area, and every single time, no exceptions, no one tried to communicate, no one answered me, they just shot (and it wasn't just one kiddie sniper wannabe, I heard different guns almost all the time).

TLDR: No, Dayz as it was intended a zombie apocalypse survival game, will not survive.

• Like 1

I started out with a little experiment: I spawned and went unarmed to the outskirts of Cherno where, of course, I got shot on sight. I didn't try to hide or panic when being shot at, I just wanted to see what would happen. The troubling thing is that I did this continuously for a couple of hours (about 10 lives) in random locations around the area, and every single time, no exceptions, no one tried to communicate, no one answered me, they just shot (and it wasn't just one kiddie sniper wannabe, I heard different guns almost all the time).

You're playing on the wrong server...

There are servers out there offering hardcore survival because we have faith in DayZ and go to great lengths to advertise, posting in relevant topics, pressing the point of survival, not PvP and yet the player-base remains small, but committed. Musty Gaming monitor this forum with an absolute attitude, and while I appreciate their position, it remains frustratingly difficult to effectively reach the right players among the maelstrom of bambi servers. Those who love DayZ for it's core values are ignored despite unswerving loyalty to play this game correctly.

Despite this there'll be a survival server available for as long as possible. But the position should not be taken for granted, nor can it be indefinite.

Edited by Cartoonrboy
  • Like 1

Forgot to mention this, I was on the old US434.

Where could I see such a list of those servers you speak of?

I've been switchimg between that server and another and don't find the one you're speaking of is very survivor based. If this game meets any kind of demise, it's going to be the players' fault. So many times I read the sidechat of a new player whom either receive no response or get made fun of for asking nub question. We know that the game is worth sinking many hours into, but they don't. Especially if their first impression is getting snubbed by a bunch of elitist players. I've found a survival server that encourages both pve and pvp but with a helpful positive atmosphere.

That's the key to the success of this game, the individual commumity of players on different servers. If u are looking for a more cooperative pve experience i really need to scour the servers. And u don't have to look that hard if pvp is your cup of tea.

Edited by noobscorpion

Splitting up this 'game' between the original Mod and the SA was the absolute worst thing which could have happened. It split up the player base, slowed down development in both of them and now, to an outsider, all this is just a confusing mess: A mod which only has a few original servers and more and more stupid mod mods which just changed the game for the worse, or a 'Standalone' which when you ask why is it so bad, everyone just hides behind the "it's still in development" line..

I couldn't agree with you more on this.  The decision to redesign SA from the ground up and release it so early in development has killed both the mod and SA.  

I started out with a little experiment: I spawned and went unarmed to the outskirts of Cherno where, of course, I got shot on sight. I didn't try to hide or panic when being shot at, I just wanted to see what would happen. The troubling thing is that I did this continuously for a couple of hours (about 10 lives) in random locations around the area, and every single time, no exceptions, no one tried to communicate, no one answered me, they just shot (and it wasn't just one kiddie sniper wannabe, I heard different guns almost all the time).

TLDR: No, Dayz as it was intended a zombie apocalypse survival game, will not survive.

If this was your experience on US434 then I have two comments for you.  1) You ran into the wrong people...there's a good number of friendly survivors on 434 and a lot of the bandits don't waste time shooting fresh spawns.  And 2) you cannot expect to just run up to people in DayZ and not get killed.  You need to be more skilled and deliberate in your approach.  Try to maintain the upper hand when approaching other players, don't put yourself in a vulnerable position.  Get close enough to people to talk over direct before they see you, then gauge their reaction to try to determine if they're hostile or not.  This has worked very well for my squad and I.

DayZmod is not dead. If something is dead is does not have a player-base, it does not have people posting on forums and it does not provoke responses to statements such as that. My server has a committed group of DayZ veterans who play for hours daily. We do not KOS, we welcome new players of all skills. Servers like ours are out there, just check the listings and take note of those specifying their style of play.

DayZ has evolved so much. The variations available are incredible. There are survival, PvP, PvE and/or both in the listings. Either that or play on a vanilla server. But the choice available is still very varied, which is why it's important to check the server description and/or the read the advertisements. We post because we love DayZ. If it were dead then so would be the forum.

DayZ is nothing without it's players. So play the game and let DayZ continue to provide what is still the best survival game experience available.

If we're talking about SA, I usually assume that if ha game has not reach significant improvement 1 year after alpha, it will not end up good at all, or will be released unfinished.

I have very low expectations about SA

I'm very very sad. Was gone for a year and came back hoping to relive the excitement of Chenarus, Taviana, or even any other random map. According to Dayz Commander, it's done. I mean I guess if you play Epoch thats nice, but this mod is dead. Wish I had enjoyed it more while it lasted, had some great times here.

DayZ commander should be shot. Many admins have resorted to batch files but that defeats the intention of DayZcommander. There are still loads of servers full of players and still some which are true to DayZ values (see my signature). Don't give up on us yet.

Edited by Cartoonrboy

I'm very very sad. Was gone for a year and came back hoping to relive the excitement of Chenarus, Taviana, or even any other random map. According to Dayz Commander, it's done. I mean I guess if you play Epoch thats nice, but this mod is dead. Wish I had enjoyed it more while it lasted, had some great times here.

It's only dead to you if you think it so...I will never think that. Come and meet me and keep us alive.

Edited by Cartoonrboy