frankiebeans

Why do you murder?

Damn. Just like that, my 3 day character with loads of gear was shot in cold blood with no warning.

I was just exploring the map up north and got some water from the dam. I went back down south into the woods just a bit and was going to head west and just see what I could find. I happened across a bunch of tents. Instead of even coming close to looting, I saw them, turned around and ran away.

I was clearly not a threat, but I kept running a bit and suddenly 3 shots rang out and I was on the ground.

This is what I don't understand. I am sure there was more than one player in that area, and if they were watching me, they saw that I noticed their camp and booked it out of there to avoid confrontation.

Bummer.

Damn. Just like that' date=' my 3 day character with loads of gear was shot in cold blood with no warning.

I was just exploring the map up north and got some water from the dam. I went back down south into the woods just a bit and was going to head west and just see what I could find. I happened across a bunch of tents. Instead of even coming close to looting, I saw them, turned around and ran away.

I was clearly not a threat, but I kept running a bit and suddenly 3 shots rang out and I was on the ground.

This is what I don't understand. I am sure there was more than one player in that area, and if they were watching me, they saw that I noticed their camp and booked it out of there to avoid confrontation.

Bummer.

[/quote']

They obviosly didnt want you to leave, hide, and come back later when they were gone. That was a smart kill.

I happened across a bunch of tents. Instead of even coming close to looting, I saw them, turned around and ran away.

I was clearly not a threat

Moron logic at its best

OT:

Why I murder people? Because I can

I get your hours worth of progress in exchange for a few rounds missing in my stockpile of magazines, sounds like a great deal for me

I do it beacuse i love pvp and i like the adrenaline rush you get then you kill someone.

Then why dont you play an actual PvP oriented game? Like... CoD/AvP/all other FPS-shooters.

Like me' date=' I suppose he finds it far more exciting to engage in combat in a game where there's so much to lose. There's nothing to lose on CoD, Counterstrike et al - you just respawn and are back in combat in less than a minute. Day Z makes hunting your prey so much more exciting. It can take hours to find someone to kill, but, when you do, the rush from that one kill far surpasses 100 kills on Battlefield or Counterstrike.

In short, each kill in Day Z has more 'meaning'. There can be hours of survival, positioning and avoiding zombies behind it.

[/quote']

You sound like a fucking serial killer, do you know that. Referring to people as "Prey." What the fuck is wrong with you, you twisted fuck.

You sound like a fucking serial killer' date=' do you know that. Referring to people as "Prey." What the fuck is wrong with you, you twisted fuck.

[/quote']

Yeah! I heard when he plays WoW he refers to them as "the horde." What a sick fuck!!

We may be latent sociopaths or some shit, but the satisfaction from a kill in this and similar games is not comparable to a "e-sport" type game. A kill doesn't mean a thing there, its just a number. Many bandits will be able to tell you stories about a lot of their kills. But survivors also get some of that satisfaction too, from just surviving in this world.

In short.

tumblr_loisz5s2ho1qb6jve.jpg

Only times I murder are when I have just spawned and need quick gear (sorry) and when I have so good gear I don't want to die. When I have some basic weaponry etc. I'm a very friendly guy who won't stab your back. Usually you won't even see me kill you. I can't kill anyone I've seen the eyes of. The memories would haunt me forever. I never forget a face.

Because bandits often miss their first shot, which I consider an open invitation to do a good deed for humanity.

I kill players because if I don't, they will kill me.

I used to try to say hi, try to get someone to work with, but with one single exception, everyone I meet just shoots on sight.

So I am forced to murder so as not to be murdered.

I kill players because if I don't' date=' they will kill me.

I used to try to say hi, try to get someone to work with, but with one single exception, everyone I meet just shoots on sight.

So I am forced to murder so as not to be murdered.

[/quote']

Which has made this game into 'gangland wars' rather than some sort of 'zombie apocalypse'. Zombies are incidental, not central, to this game. Not worth it any more.

Going back to Arma II. Can't wait for Arma III.

I searched but couldn't find any similar threads.

For those who decide to defect to bandit status: Why do you kill other players? What do you get out of it' date=' besides supplies?

This is not a thread intended to troll anyone, or coming from any form of ange/butthurt. I am genuinely curious why I see so many posts/videos of bandits sniping or shooting non-threatening players.

I'm a relatively new Day Z player (2 weeks-ish) and I've yet to actually kill another player. I have no desire to either. I did however, shoot one player for firing at me. He did not die though.

I just don't see the other side. I realize that some users play this game with the specific intent to kill other users, but it has never been my intent with playing Day Z. I'd rather find some friendly players and work together. Since the game is not centered directly around a PVP play style, I thought I would flat out ask why and for what reasons have you/do you kill other players?

[/quote']

For the loot. For the thrills. It feels great. For the kill count. Why not?

1. Player did see me?

1.1 No. Is he nearby/moving in my general direction?

1.1.1. No. IGNORE HIM.

1.1.2. Yes. WATCH HIM.

1.2 Is player armed?

1.2.1 No. Is he trailing me?

1.2.1.1 No. IGNORE HIM

1.2.1.2 Yes. TELL HIM TO GET LOST, SHOOT HIM IF HE DOESNT COMPLY.

1.2.2 Yes. Is he withing weapon range & looking towards me?

1.2.2.1 No. WATCH HIM

1.2.2.2 Yes. SHOOT HIM

Simple.

Gets more complicated if you hear some VoN whispering "friendly", though :/

Killing somebody for stats? Yet have to find those stats, to begin with :3 In-Game you only get a pblic counter for zombie-kills :P

Killing somebody for fun? Nope, I lack the ahole-ish attitude for that.

Killing somebody for loot? Usually not. Either I'm equipped or I'm not... If I'm equipped, "looting" survivors isn't possible unless they got high-end gear, in which case I usually avoid them for exactly that reason. As well looting low-tiers doesnt help me either.

If I'm not equipped, to begin with, why should I bother killing somebody? Just going to run around until I either find some good starting equip or simply suicide if luck doesnt work out.

Got sick and tired of people killing me for being helpful and shooting without asking questions.

Now if they have a weapon they die.

After days of pain and suffering because trying to be friendly to others, I just decided to take the most common attitude that drives people to banditry:

" Kill or be killed ".

I wont shoot unarmed and harmless people, but having someone with firearm close to me is just too risky. I learned from my mistakes that I trusted people.

Only when my raiding party is at risk(taking fire) and even than I'm not the one who shoots, I just get the range.

Only in self defence. I have beenalive for almost a week and only two murders. Once went to a tower with only one entry. As I was climbing the ladder someone was climbing down. I take a good position at top ask if he is friendly. He says yes, climbs up, gets closers to me while chatting, changes gun in the process, takes a shot and misses. I didn't repeat his mistake. so thank you very much for night vision goggles, gps and DMR with 5 mags.

I Kill, therefore I am.

These days it's for loot.

Server hoppers have absolutely destroyed any chance of consistently and legitimately finding loot.

I've wasted countless hours going through every town right up the NWAF to find tin cans and makarov mags.

NWAF is even worse, the last 4 trips there have netted nothing.

Its no longer worth the risk to travel, I'll just hunt players, kill with an Axe and take their stuff. Much easier.

I murder because I love hunting other players, I enjoy taking their lives even if they don't have loot, those who have no loot and claim they have nothing of value to me are mistaken, your life is all I require.

Murder has always seemed to me as primal and implied in everything humans do. I feel that some people just don't understand that the ends don't justify the means in this regard. How you get there is just as important as getting there, and who you've killed along the way. After all, if you can't look back on what you've done and smile, you need to rethink your path ahead.

But anyways, I digress...

successdemotivator.jpg

What do I get for killing people: Night vision goggles.

What do people get for killing me: 2 pairs of Night vision goggles. By the gods I'm stupid.