Redic

Pass out needs to go

I understand a low blood volume means dizziness, fatigue and POSSIBLY fainting. Im a medic in the army the amount of blood needed to loss to actually pass out on my guys would have to be 2/3s at least. So i understand at if blood is around 2-3k. The last 2 lives in Dayz i had 2 Zeds approach me and I passed out with +10k blood, this is ridiculous, while they munch i start to bleed, my legs break and go into shock. This makes no sense. I'm sure someone may have started a thread about this but its a big issue with the game. Its unplayable from my mindset because Im passing out before any shooting or self defense can be done about any threats.

This knockout makes you think twice about getting cocky when killing zombies and trying to play this game alone. Take every threat as it is.

I understand a low blood volume means dizziness' date=' fatigue and POSSIBLY fainting. Im a medic in the army the amount of blood needed to loss to actually pass out on my guys would have to be 2/3s at least. So i understand at if blood is around 2-3k. The last 2 lives in Dayz i had 2 Zeds approach me and I passed out with +10k blood, this is ridiculous, while they munch i start to bleed, my legs break and go into shock. This makes no sense. I'm sure someone may have started a thread about this but its a big issue with the game. Its unplayable from my mindset because Im passing out before any shooting or self defense can be done about any threats.

[/quote']

I'm pretty sure you can't pass out when you have over 10k blood, are you sure you didn't pass out because a zombie hit you? They can knock you unconcious if you are really unlucky. Personally, I've been below 10k a lot of times and never passed out, spontaneous faintings begin at under 5000 blood according to the wiki.

thats my complaint then, both times iv been "knock out" i guess above 10k, but my previous life i awoke finished off those who were munching, bandaged, painkillers, 7k blood and 2 steps later passed out. was good till a Zed came found me and finished the deal breaking bones, bleeding, etc.

Agree. I had 8200 blood, was ONE HIT KO and died never having a chance to stand up.

WTF ??? Make pass outs while < 2-3-4k blood. Not under 9k!

And yes - broken legs + passing out with 8999 blood + bleeding after each hit is absurd and unplayable.

I'm pretty sure you can't pass out when you have over 10k blood' date=' are you sure you didn't pass out because a zombie hit you? They can knock you unconcious if you are really unlucky. Personally, I've been below 10k a lot of times and never passed out, spontaneous faintings begin at under 5000 blood according to the wiki.

[/quote']

You pass out with 8999 blood and then you cant stand up and die to zombies. Cool huh?

You actually got knocked out because the zombie hit you to hard, not because of the amount of blood you had. You need less then 5k blood to pass out.

Man I am the most unlucky player then.Thats how I die every time.Just now I got some good gear and was in that zone of immersion when a lone zombie charged at me and one hit dropped me.Never got back up even with 9K blood.

you are not the only one. Well the good news are - they are fixing this soon. Not sure if it will include KO, but breaking bones will be less frequent... because that's the real killer here... when you can't run away at 10k HP

i got raped 12-0 by military zombies when i found heli crash site... missed most shots point black and died. Got a video of it too,,, it's around 00:55:00.. i made a mistake of throwing smoke grenade with zombies behind me. And limb was broken at 11k blood. Welcome to the club!

I just went full retard there, didn't notice i had ammo for AK, got angry, stopped thinking... but the point stands - 11k limb broken, without any weapon it's a game over

it'd be kinda cool if zombies concussing you could only happen if your blood was below 10000 or so. That way if youre cruising around at 12k the chance of a zombie getting a single lucky hit on you wouldnt instantly KO, but a second one might.

... Did you say you're a medic?? And you're suggeting that 2/3rds of the blood in a human body would be required to leave before you PASSED OUT?? :O

Heaven help the man who has you working on him in the field. :(

^That's a pretty unhelpful reply.

My last 10 characters have all died due to zombies slapping them once and knocking them out for the remainder of their lives. Just now - and actually, this is the reason I'm posting now - I was sneaking around the NW Airfield with an M14 AIM, an M4A3 CCO, a coyote pack, NVG, Rangefinder, you name it.

Anyway, I'm keeping a low profile and a zombie spawns in reasonably close. I'm crawling, and both the sight and sound indicators are at the very bottom. Well, you probably guessed it by now, but that one zombie of course flips his gasket, and slaps me once, whereupon I faint, and am promptly eaten. At the point of encountering the zombie I had 11873 health, which made it all the more aggravating, as I was doing fairly well for myself.

I should point out that the other characters I've had who've died from slapping (I do not recall this happening more than perhaps once or twice prior to the last one or two patches), have done so after going under 10k blood. It seems that around 9k, it almost doesn't matter what I do - My guy faints, and that's that.

Of course, if that's how it's intended to work, then great! Working phenomenally well! I was of the impression, though, that perhaps something that's essentially a one-shot kill such as fainting, would be a bit more rare to have happen to you. I know bone-breaking is being worked on, but frankly, I've had fewer problems with broken bones than I have had with fainting.

Just as an addendum: I've read a fair bit on these forums prior to posting here, and realise that the above story will probably not garner a whole lot of sympathy. Like I said, if it's working as intended, then all is fine and dandy. I can also empathise with people who see my post as some sort of plea for a less threatening game experience.

That couldn't be further from the truth! As far as I'm concerned, zombies are more than welcome to do serious amounts of damage to me, and attack in packs or what have you, but I want to feel like it's my fault when I don't survive, because I made a bad decision and put myself in a situation that I couldn't handle, not because some invisible numbers rolled up behind the scenes and determined that my guy simply cannot stay conscious if someone slaps him.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm unlucky. Maybe I'm doing everything wrong, and someone's about to tell me something like "lol, if you crouch walk facing NW while the tide is high and the cauldron sears the eye of newt, you ALWAYS faint if slapped by a zombie. You noob.".

That'd sure show me.

It makes sense that the zombies can knock you out, since its a real life thing :)

Don't complain about it, just take it as it is....

It makes the game way more fun, and makes you reconsider what you do :D

Eventho i would like the to remove the disease spreading by zombs.

A zombie hits you on the head and you are knocked senseless. where are you getting confused? Surely a "Medic" would understand the concept of a concussion.

No offense, but a normal human can easily knock out a other human, why wont zeds be able to do the same? Its not like they try to bitchslap you because they dont like you. They want to kill you and eat you. I'd hit my target hard to if I was that zed.

And if I ever join the army...I pray to god that I dont get you as a medic: "Oooh he has 3 liters blood left, he'll be just fine, he wont pass out at all!".

^That's a pretty unhelpful reply.

My last 10 characters have all died due to zombies slapping them once and knocking them out for the remainder of their lives. Just now - and actually' date=' this is the reason I'm posting now - I was sneaking around the NW Airfield with an M14 AIM, an M4A3 CCO, a coyote pack, NVG, Rangefinder, you name it.

Anyway, I'm keeping a low profile and a zombie spawns in reasonably close. I'm crawling, and both the sight and sound indicators are at the very bottom. Well, you probably guessed it by now, but that one zombie of course flips his gasket, and slaps me once, whereupon I faint, and am promptly eaten. At the point of encountering the zombie I had 11873 health, which made it all the more aggravating, as I was doing fairly well for myself.

I should point out that the other characters I've had who've died from slapping (I do not recall this happening more than perhaps once or twice prior to the last one or two patches), have done so after going under 10k blood. It seems that around 9k, it almost doesn't matter what I do - My guy faints, and that's that.

Of course, if that's how it's intended to work, then great! Working phenomenally well! I was of the impression, though, that perhaps something that's essentially a one-shot kill such as fainting, would be a bit more rare to have happen to you. I know bone-breaking is being worked on, but frankly, I've had fewer problems with broken bones than I have had with fainting.

Just as an addendum: I've read a fair bit on these forums prior to posting here, and realise that the above story will probably not garner a whole lot of sympathy. Like I said, if it's working as intended, then all is fine and dandy. I can also empathise with people who see my post as some sort of plea for a less threatening game experience.

That couldn't be further from the truth! As far as I'm concerned, zombies are more than welcome to do serious amounts of damage to me, and attack in packs or what have you, but I want to feel like it's my fault when I don't survive, because I made a bad decision and put myself in a situation that I couldn't handle, not because some invisible numbers rolled up behind the scenes and determined that my guy simply cannot stay conscious if someone slaps him.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm unlucky. Maybe I'm doing everything wrong, and someone's about to tell me something like "lol, if you crouch walk facing NW while the tide is high and the cauldron sears the eye of newt, you ALWAYS faint if slapped by a zombie. You noob.".

That'd sure show me.

[/quote']

Zombies propably dont like you, and really want you dead.

But I smell just like them! :(

TL;DR: I am miffed at being randomly one-shotted by zombies has become my primary way of dying recently, instead of myself misjudging situations, running into unfriendly survivors, etc.

I think the big problem is the long timer. It is simply to long. Right now it lasts for about 2-5 minutes (it seems like at least) and I guess that is fairly realistic. But it just doesnt work in a game like this. Your chances of surviving would have been much greater if you would have woken up after about 30 seconds. I once miraculously survived with just 160 blood but since I had so little blood left I kept fainting every 2 minutes just to wait for the 2-5 minute long timer to disappear again.

I understand a low blood volume means dizziness' date=' fatigue and POSSIBLY fainting. Im a medic in the army the amount of blood needed to loss to actually pass out on my guys would have to be 2/3s at least. So i understand at if blood is around 2-3k. The last 2 lives in Dayz i had 2 Zeds approach me and I passed out with +10k blood, this is ridiculous, while they munch i start to bleed, my legs break and go into shock. This makes no sense. I'm sure someone may have started a thread about this but its a big issue with the game. Its unplayable from my mindset because Im passing out before any shooting or self defense can be done about any threats.

[/quote']

Wow if you're an army medic, I wouldn't want to be treated by you if you think that you need 66% blood loss before passing out.

Please look up the hypovolemic shock chart, when does someone go into class IV uncompensated shock? Between 30 and 40% bloodloss, at this stage they're most likely passed out and very close to death.

I think the big problem is the long timer. It is simply to long. Right now it lasts for about 2-5 minutes (it seems like at least) and I guess that is fairly realistic. But it just doesnt work in a game like this. Your chances of surviving would have been much greater if you would have woken up after about 30 seconds. I once miraculously survived with just 160 blood but since I had so little blood left I kept fainting every 2 minutes just to wait for the 2-5 minute long timer to disappear again.

exactly. TOO. DAMN. LONG. FIX. IT. NOW.

NO

naah guys, the unconciousness-time needs to be even longer.

Zombies killing is really just part of the game. How is this complaint any different to "sniper rifles and grenades and NVGs shouldnt be in the game, because I dont feel connected to my death"

To me the beauty of this game is that I DONT feel 100% responsible for my deaths (really it would be a singleplayer game then).

please dont make death nice and fair. I dont believe it is .

Okay if these damn zeds can hit my hard enough to get KOed then why cant I hit them!?

cause they are infected and you would get the infection as well if you hit them with bare hands :dodgy: