Hankr

What means "Zeroing"?

I've used the search function, but i have found nothing.

In the DayZ-Wiki, there are informations about "zeroing".

Example:

Zeroing Yes(Up to 1600m)

I don't understand what "Zeroing" means.

I have a AKM, so i want to use this function, if it makes the handling easier.

most weapons are zeroed at a certain range (300m?), and the game calculates bullet drop. If you shoot with your crosshairs over a target at, say, 500m and you are zeroed at 300m you will hit low (or not make it far enough). If you zero at 500m and shoot at a target at 200 you'll overshoot.. You can adjust this just like in real life

most weapons are zeroed at a certain range (300m?)' date=' and the game calculates bullet drop. If you shoot with your crosshairs over a target at, say, 500m and you are zeroed at 300m you will hit low (or not make it far enough). If you zero at 500m and shoot at a target at 200 you'll overshoot.. You can adjust this just like in real life

[/quote']

ok, thanks.

How works this? Wich Keys?

most weapons are zeroed at a certain range (300m?)' date=' and the game calculates bullet drop. If you shoot with your crosshairs over a target at, say, 500m and you are zeroed at 300m you will hit low (or not make it far enough). If you zero at 500m and shoot at a target at 200 you'll overshoot.. You can adjust this just like in real life

[/quote']

Actually, if your rifle is ZEROED at 300M, it will fire the bullet straight up to that point as far as I know.

There may be SLIGHT bullet raise, but for the most part anytime you zero a weapon sight to X distance it should fly relatively straight up to that distance unless you are firing at extreme distances.

[/quote']

that explains why I miss when shooting at >300m with my CCO. (i'm shooting low so the bullet rise hits center mass but I guess it doesn't in game :( )

Actually, if your rifle is ZEROED at 300M, it will fire the bullet straight up to that point as far as I know.

There may be SLIGHT bullet raise, but for the most part anytime you zero a weapon sight to X distance it should fly relatively straight up to that distance unless you are firing at extreme distances.

Gravity affects the bullet as soon as it leaves the muzzle of the barrel, so the rifles barrel aims slightly upwards.

Zero at 300:

hwctfn.jpg

PgUp and PgDn adjust Zeroing. Not sure if it only works for guns that say Zeroing though.

firearms do not have a truly flat trajectory and depending on the velocity and weight of the bullet some firearms will have more rise than others. It also depends on range. If you zero at 500m there will usually be more rise than 300m; similarly, a slow, heavy round will also need more rise over smaller and lighter rounds.

fun fact the bullet rises after it leaves the barrel. and then drops after so far for an m-16 for example firing in a straight line the bullet will be at the same height at 36 yards and 300 yards! so yeah set it too low and you over shoot too high and you under shoot. At least that's in real life.