XeyedPilot

Am I missing something?

Need some advice,

I really like the idea of this game but it just not making any sense. I spend 1-2 hours roaming around, avoiding zombies trying to find a building I can actually enter looking for item. In 2 days play now I just can't find a weapon, only ammo and empty food tins and drink cans. In about 12 hours of play I have only seen 2 real players and they just shot me on sight when I am unarmed!.....rinse and repeat..

Don't get me wrong I like a challenge but this is just stupid, no loot or weapons to find 50+ people on server and never see anyone and when you do you wish you had not! I just can't seem to get started or see the point in it.

Uhh... to be honest I think it may be the server you're on.

I'm a server wanderer which means I don't play on a single one, I just look for the best ping and most players and roll with it. I've noticed that some servers have WAY more loot than others and the reverse is also true, some servers have WAY less loot than others.

It can be a little rough to get started, especially if you do not know how to tell which buildings will have loot; Once you find a building that has loot, any building in any town will also be open and have loot. Also look for buildings with transparent windows; if you can see inside you can enter. There are also doghouses, outhouses and various sheds that surround "closed" buildings and can spawn loot (and zombies)

If you have reached the limit of looking on your own, you can start using a spawn map to learn where the individual points are; even just using it for a town or two can teach you what to look for on the rest of the map. Try this one: http://dayzdb.com/map

As for finding players; that is probably the most "broken" thing in the game currently. There is nothing to make murdering "difficult" or be less desirable, and no 'game mechanic' to make teaming up or communicating really desirable. Obviously, having someone to watch your backs is a good incentive, but the anti-social murderers don't care, and just shoot first always, mostly for the "lulz"

Sadly, that makes everyone else have to do the same, so virtually every meeting with a stranger is ending in a death.

Its silly and detracts from the game quite a bit in my opinion (it actually takes any mystery out of meeting others, you pretty much know whats going to happen) and I hope it gets addressed sometimes, but I sort of doubt it will

Edit: James also has a point, some servers seem to have broken or slow loot spawning; Also if you're playing on a server with 50+ people its likely someone might have been just in front of you looting, even if you didn't see them.

I tend to stick to lower-pop servers simply because the moron-ratio is so high right now.

to make this easy for you. try to find one of the big towns. I promise you, you will find loot,weapons,maps,drinks well everything you need to take a trip to the north side of the map.

to make this easy for you. try to find one of the big towns. I promise you' date=' you will find loot,weapons,maps,drinks well everything you need to take a trip to the north side of the map.

[/quote']

Ha, last time I was in a big town, my legs where broken, I crawled and I was able to find two water canteens, ammo, food and medical supplies, and as soon as I was fully stocked and ready for surviving the apocalypse I got shot by a sniper.

Options: Loot major towns, loot airfields, look for barns

Barns (and also deer stands) have been the BEST loot so far, I have a Lee Enfield rifle with more ammo than I will ever need. Now what is hard to find is food and drink!

At the moment there's no reason not to kill anyone on sight, so everyone does it and those who don't, have to be extra careful. You used to be able to meet a stranger and talk to them, worrying they might kill you, but these days, they simply kill you, before you can ask friendly?

Try to avoid other players or atleast alway put some kind of solid cover between you and always keep an escape plan in mind. An escape route, is the quickes way away from danger, with as many object between you and the hostile player. Players can't aim very accurate and run at the same time. So if you break line of sight often, they'll either have to chase you or risk losing sight of you.

Look for handguns in civilian houses. Stores, two story red brick buildings or long brown houses.

Look for hunting rifles and axes in barns and stables.

Hunting towers, known as deer stands are found in forrest treelines, near open fields. They are often guarded by a few zombies, but you might find military rifles/shotgun/LE handguns.

Barns are pretty good places to check but I've found guns in outhouses so it's best to check everything you can. Also, move away from the coast as soon as you can. I usually just run inland as soon as I spawn. The coasts are usually high traffic so the further from the coast you get the more likely you'll find stuff. It's also always good to search the entire village, if you can, including the non-enterable houses. Even little wooden shacks and outhouses can have guns.

If you get an axe, right click on it when it's in your inventory. It'll give you an option to "remove from belt" which puts it in your hands as a weapon. Better than nothing eh?

• Haha 1

I dunno. I spawned on a zombie, he hit me so I broke my legs and I couldn't do anything. Then I lost all my blood and my visibility was 0. I crawled around and died. It's to much sometimes. The game became enjoyable when I found a gun. But the aim was terrible so when I had to encounter a zombie the above happened again. :(