Sign in to follow this  
ninjaklan

Most player concentrated areas

Hey guys,

I havent played Dayz since 0.35 something, lots of new stuff but then again, some of the core mechanics still seem broken :(

Since the map has been drastically changed and spawn locations overhauled, I was wondering where are players now most concetrated at?

Is the spawn zone all along the Eastern shore? Cherno & Balota were completely desolated when I was running through them. Did all players move up to North East coast moving towards inlands? Or is the spawn zone on the South? It gets boring if I am looting empty towns so I want to stick around populated areas (risky I know yeah).

Cheers

is that actually rigth? i mean, wtf the sea death points xD

You would be quite surprised - this is a recording of every death that occurred over the holiday season, so there are going to be more than a few odd ones. The biggest hotspots are as they've always been - anywhere on the coast, essentially west of Balota (east of that is still relatively player free) is highly dangerous territory. The big landmark areas; Novo, the Northwest Air Field, Krasnostov Air Field, and most of the military bases outside of areas like Zelenogorsk. Everywhere else is just chance - you can come across people anywhere, especially dependent on the size of the server (on a 100 player server pretty much every town will be inhabited.)

Have you ever had to poo really bad, but still had a really long way to run?  Then you decide to strategically place a hammer on your run key and hope for the best?  That is how I am one of the random "lost at sea" deaths.

Have you ever had to poo really bad, but still had a really long way to run?  Then you decide to strategically place a hammer on your run key and hope for the best?  That is how I am one of the random "lost at sea" deaths.

"Hammer"? W t F

Dude just use a "strategically placed, piece of folded paper". 

Just stick it in the space above "W" and under "2 & 3", make sure you don't have anything in the 2 & 3 hot key spots.

I use this all the time on long runs, so I can manage my items or whatever else (like eating dinner)

Haha!  Yeah, I just have a lot of tools on my desk.  Sometimes its a wrench, sometimes it's a flat head (NOT a phillips, I'm not stupid).  But now I set a second sprint key to my Num Pad Enter, so I just lean the mouse on it.  

I wonder more about all those deaths at the edges of the map. I guess players went on until they reached the Great Nothing, and the overwhelming sense of despair made them turn the gun on themselves...