The_Lonely_Bandit

The Tales of A Lost Man

By the way I'm glad a lot of you all liked the story, it would be great if more people told of their encounters in DayZ. After all it is all about the experience and interaction with others.

Oh and I saw somebody mentioned that I may have been axed from behind, that is definitely a possibility. The thing is, the yelling I heard from the other man was in a building, directly across the street from me. So if it was a legit player, I would have easily seen them run out of the building. Whereas invisible/speedhackers don't need to even open doors to be able to enter them. I'd like to add I've died like this several times, and at the very least 3 of those times my back was to a wall where legit flanking was physically impossible. 

Regardless, I'm just hoping to share some of my stories with you all, not make pointless hackusations. 

Sweet justice for KOS. BTW what we're you doing with a holstered weapon? That's city life 101 bro, keep your guard up.

I know man! I was a fucking idiot. 

I was high on hero feelings man, thought I was gonna save a bambi or something. Which is very uncharacteristic of myself. 

Disclaimer// Some photos I have taken may contain server information of the servers I was on. I in NO WAY intend for this thread to be used as a promotional tool for said servers. There are many hardcore servers out there, I do not encourage nor discourage people playing on what server they choose. I will try to avoid taking screenshots at the time of the side chat being posted in the future. Sincere apologies if this breaks any rules of the forums or causes issues for people!

So as some people seemed to actually enjoy my first story (Dat cow tho :P ) I thought I'd post another shortish story and see what you all think. I'm not into providing perfect grammatical works of art, nor am I looking for praise for my own actions. I just want to share my stories with you all. Still I hope you enjoy what I provide. 

Now... Story time.

"A new day a new spawn."

A wise quote I once heard from a nice guy I once met in game. Well nice enough until he shot me in the back while looting.. But.. That's another story. 
It is true though, after getting my arse wrecked the other night I took a small break from DayZ. I was hurt, mad and cut up about my last session. So I needed to breath.

Well.. here we are. The shoreline just north of Berezino, north of the large crashed ship "Rify". I don't bother heading towards it at all. Full server, no weapon, chances are I'd be dead before I even saw the boat.

I do the usual rip up my shirt and begin heading west, through the forest stopping off at black lake for a quick drink. Then continuing my journey west, somewhat backwards from how my last journey went. I began my looting at Olsha, the last place I visited before my previous murder.

Saying a hello to some poor soul before moving on

eFP1iST.jpg

I make my way up over the hill towards the North East Airfield. I stop at the deer stand and look back down towards the ocean, a beautiful sunset could be seen. But the shadows of dead bambis would lay still and blind to my eyes.

AI74GGJ.jpg

I get my eyes set on the airfield. Again another beautiful sight, full of leg breaking buildings and hidden rabbits that have the footsteps of elephants (those of you who have walked next to them know what I mean :P )

As I sit on top of the hill contemplating my next decision I take some more screenshots of the pleasant scenery. 

gaaxmZ0.jpg

My debate. North, West or South? 

I make a choice to not make a choice. Instead I proceed down the hill casually. Making my way to the industrial buildings that hold the destroyed military vehicle spawns. The airfield appears deserted. Not suprising.. Very few people know of the military loot spawns, and even fewer feel it is necessary to hike up there for the limited loot. 

They are wrong.

I have plenty of .357 and find a repeater to accommodate these lonely rounds. A vest (Of which I chose out of several I found there) a 1911 and quite a few nice loots. So far so good.

I cross the open airfield, feeling somewhat untouchable. After my nearly 400 hours of playing SA I am still yet to see another person at that airfield, let alone a sniper looking for a quick kill. I search the car wrecks as I make my way towards Krasnostav, a town famous for being "That town next to the airfield". 

But wait a minute.

I remember the airfield being fully refurbished into what seemed like a useless state. The devs in their infinite mistakes made with the game had added in two buildings to the airfield. Initially these buildings had nothing inside, literally. They just were never completed from what I understood. 

"Fuck it why not?"

I make my way towards the two buildings. They look dead to me, lootless and without reason. Yet something made me feel drawn to them. I explore the larger building first, two storey with only the first level accessible.

I sweep through it just in case. 
Left to right.
Nothing.

I examine the newly finished interiors.
"This looks pretty nice, maybe might make for a nice base one day."

Unfortunately it appeared no loot was set to spawn inside yet. 
Regardless I made my way to the building next to it, a hanger of some sort.

"Hopefully one day it will spawn planes here"

To my surprise....

UymHHJh.jpg

"WTF!! My first V3S!!!"

The first time I had ever found a V3S in SA on a hardcore server. 

I jumped into it straight away to check the fuel, "Meh, a quarter is plenty". 

After 5 minutes of trying to reverse through the entrance instead of the hanger doors (Thanks to no mirrors -_-) 
I finally make it out and decide to just head west along the road. Towards NWAF. "Fuck it why not?"

Qvhjcs3.jpg

I greet the local wildlife on my way. Exhilarated I had actually found a vehicle I was loving anything and everything I saw. Like a little kid that had just received his most wanted toy for christmas.

I continue to take photos on my way through the countryside, "Maybe I'll loot devils castle for a sword".

lQEkfre.jpg

"Things are finally looking good, fuck yeah. I'm going to enjoy the shit out of this truck"

TA7cxIh.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED