shadai87@hotmail.fr

[1.7.1.5 and before] Character slower than anyone else.

Date/Time: Since I've begun playing DayZ, all the time.

What happened: My character is slow. May I run, sprint, crouch, crawl, I'm always slower than anyone else doing the same actions as me. People can outrun me really easily, forcing them to wait for me every time we go on a raid somewhere.

I've made several tests about that, I tried with weapons (Lee enfield, Hachet, Mk 48, AKM, FN FAL, Revolver, and much more), without weapons, with backpacks full of engines parts or full of food, without backpack, with higher FPS, with thirst and hunger really low, or high. I only notice a little change for the latter, but otherwise someone crounching is still faster than me while I'm running, even running backwards outruns me !

Because of that, zombies often catch me up and manage to hit me while they are chasing me, and my mates are slowed because of me.

I also noticed that all my actions are slowed, for instance, cooking meat or bandaging takes much longer than I saw on people's videos.

Where you were: It happens everywhere.

What you were doing: Moving with my friends, from a certain point A to a certain point B, in whatever position the game makes me able to use.

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.5 and lastest ARMA II BETA patch.

*Server(s) you were on: Mostly FR 15.

*Your system specs:

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Édition Familiale Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.120402-0336)

Language: French (Regional Setting: French)

System Manufacturer: Packard Bell

System Model: imedia S1710

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Memory: 4094MB RAM

Page File: 5477MB used, 2930MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce G210

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce G210

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A60&SUBSYS_2180174B&REV_A2

Display Memory: 2258 MB

Dedicated Memory: 466 MB

Shared Memory: 1791 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um

Driver Version: 8.17.0013.0142 (English)

Now this is a really annoying bug (if this is one ?), has anyone ever experienced similar issues ?

A friend of mine has this bug. We have spent weeks trying to isolate the cause of it and last night we discovered that he only has this movement speed bug when playing in 1st person view. Once he switches to 3rd person view, he can run normally.

Could you test this for yourself and report whether it works for you as well?

More info

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8298&pid=226536#pid226536

Oh well, indeed, I can see that you posted that a few times, but I tried with both person views, I usually use 3rd person to move and 1st to shot, but that doesn't change anything, sadly.

Thanks for trying to help me though, good sir !

ive had this same problem no cure as of yet..

but it does seem to lessen its affects when i have a really good connection and a stable server

The server I'm on seems fairly stable, and I only get around 70ms ping most of the time :[

Its not a bug. Moving with pistol is quicker then moving with a rifle. Sprinting with double W is faster then running with just W etc

Its not a bug. Moving with pistol is quicker then moving with a rifle. Sprinting with double W is faster then running with just W etc

You may not have read, but the OP already stated he has tried it with a variety of weapons, inventories, views, and walking speeds.

It helps if you read a post before replying, this is indeed a bug

My friend also has this issue, I crouch-walk faster than he can sprint.

I usually end up having to wait when he gets too far behind, but it would be a great help if we could put him up at normal speed

I would like to add, it has a little to do with connection/computer specs. My computer is better, as is my internet; but he was over here earlier using my connection and I was still trumping him in speed.

Hello!

One of my friends also has this issue. We´re a group of 4 people. 3 of those move around just fine, but the 4th is definitely bugged.

We did some testing on this. His FPS seems fine, his Ping is ok.

When we are crouch-walking he is a bit faster standing-running. When we crouch-run he is slower with standing-running.

When we stand-run he has absolutely NO WAY of keeping up in the same stance.

This is with a Pistol equipped. We also tried Crowbar, Hatchet and a Lee Enfield. The rest of us was using Hatchet, Pistols, AKM, M16A2.

Two of us have a Czech Backpack, two (including the bugged user) are using Assault Backpacks.

I hope this can get fixed.

Unlike someone stated here, I move faster with rifle than with pistol. No idea why is it so, but we have tested it few times with a buddy. He has rifle, me pistol, I cant keep up and if we switch that I use rifle and he pistol, he cant keep up.

A friend of mine figured out he could move faster if he had nothing in his inventory at all. He keeps all his stuff in his backpack and he certainly does move faster when he does this.

Try removing everything from your main inventory and see if you run faster. Way my friend tells it is the less you have in your main inventory the faster you run.

Unlike someone stated here' date=' I move faster with rifle than with pistol. No idea why is it so, but we have tested it few times with a buddy. He has rifle, me pistol, I cant keep up and if we switch that I use rifle and he pistol, he cant keep up.

[/quote']

Fairly certain that's just how arma 2 works, that difference isn't nearly as big as the difference in speed my and my friend have

A friend of mine figured out he could move faster if he had nothing in his inventory at all. He keeps all his stuff in his backpack and he certainly does move faster when he does this.

Try removing everything from your main inventory and see if you run faster. Way my friend tells it is the less you have in your main inventory the faster you run.

my inventory is always full, and I can still crouch laps around my friend while he sprints at full speed with the newly-spawned inventory

My friend and I had the same problem, He could keep up with me. When his son played he would always fall behind.

We had the same gear, the only difference was my buddy and I use the mouse to "drive" our toons, when his son played on his account with same computer he uses buttons A and D to "drive" his toon and I would always have to wait for him.

After testing it the A and D buttons will slow you down a little bit each time you hit them.

Arma 2 does not factor carried inventory (other than primary/secondary weapon) into movement speed. What, or how much you have in your pack makes no difference.

As I said above and in several other posts, my buddy who previously had this bug for 7 weeks, can finally keep up with me IF he stays in 3rd person view. The moment he goes back to 1st person I can crouch run circles around him when he is running at a full sprint.

It seems not to work for everyone but if you are having this problem please try 3rd person. It's worked for 2 people who were experiencing this movement bug.

Further discussion on this topic can be found here:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=24249

Arma 2 does not factor carried inventory (other than primary/secondary weapon) into movement speed. What' date=' or how much you have in your pack makes no difference.

As I said above and in several other posts, my buddy who previously had this bug for 7 weeks, can finally keep up with me IF he stays in 3rd person view. The moment he goes back to 1st person I can crouch run circles around him when he is running at a full sprint.

It seems not to work for everyone but if you are having this problem please try 3rd person. It's worked for 2 people who were experiencing this movement bug.

Further discussion on this topic can be found here:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=24249

[/quote']

My friend and I only play in third person, and I didn't notice any speed change when I went into first person to try and equalize our speeds.

On a related note: Earlier today my friends speed fixed itself. I still outpace him somewhat, but it isn't nearly as large a difference as it was before. Weird though, nothing had changed to fix it.

I have the same problem. I have to get my friend to stop and wait for me when I am in full sprint despite the fact he is crouch running. It is definitely not cause by the carrying of items. It is evident when in 1st or 3rd person mode. When trying to sprint with zombies chasing me they tend to run past me and stop and hit me while I try to go past them again.

I don't think it is related to fps or ping. My friend describes my movement as all action without really going anywhere.

Perhaps related is the appearance of tiny white dots visible across the grass textures. they don't appear on buildings or in towns.

A fix would be great

I have the same problem. I have to get my friend to stop and wait for me when I am in full sprint despite the fact he is crouch running. It is definitely not cause by the carrying of items. It is evident when in 1st or 3rd person mode. When trying to sprint with zombies chasing me they tend to run past me and stop and hit me while I try to go past them again.

I don't think it is related to fps or ping. My friend describes my movement as all action without really going anywhere.

Perhaps related is the appearance of tiny white dots visible across the grass textures. they don't appear on buildings or in towns.

A fix would be great

The dots are most likely zombies/players

recruit level servers let you see zombies through objects/terrain

regular level servers let you see zombies just out of the bounds of your screen

My friend is going threw this same thing, we call it "rubber banding".... because when he stops he slides back a little, its like there is always something pulling on him. not sure but it sucks for him and us. if anybody has come across a fix (if its a problem on his side) or a reason why it would be awsome

this may or may not help but I had this glitch before idk if its the same thing but i was moving slower what I found out is that it seems the shift key gets stuck and it makes u go super slow double tap shift next time it happens should fix it right up if not sorry thats all I got.

this may or may not help but I had this glitch before idk if its the same thing but i was moving slower what I found out is that it seems the shift key gets stuck and it makes u go super slow double tap shift next time it happens should fix it right up if not sorry thats all I got.

First post of the thread we already said it has nothing to do with run/walk being toggled

Edited by Badjr

Same problem. Tried everything has not been fixed. I know cause my friend crouch walks a bit faster then my full sprint. Also cant out run zombies very well and since we spawn without even mele wepon it can get very difficult to play.

I've seen that bug in another game, it had to do with playing on a laptop and/or cpu not locked to high performance. When the cpu changed speed the game got confused. Movement slowdowns and speedups were a result of it.

I play with a team of 4 and I'm always the fastest and have to stop everynow and then.

I get this too. Could just be lag, i just closed down everything im not using on my computer that could be using CPU power and it helps a bit.

Edited by SamInbound