Sign in to follow this  
Skydive (DayZ)

BattlEye Just Broke...

Whatever update just tried to occur from BattlEye just broke being able to load ArmA 2 OA / DayZ Mod.

My client tried to update and now I cannot launch my game at all as well as all my servers just emptied out, so the problem must be systemic.

Yep I am having the same problem, OA is starting without battleye, verified OA, but Commander isn't working and cannot launch the game through steam. Battleye's master server is down.

TRY THIS FIX: 

1. Go to Steam\Steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\Battleye

2. Select "UnInstallBe.exe" and follow the steps to uninstall

3. Go to Steam, right click on "Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead - Properties - go to "LOCAL FILES" tab - "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE"

4. Delete the Battleye folder here at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye

5. Delete the BEClient.dll file here C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye (Potentially Optional, but I did it anyway)

6. Launch Arma 2 OA via Steam and hopefully see that BattleEye service has been installed

source: http://customcombatgaming.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5848-fix-for-battleye-game-does-not-launch-no-reinstall-needed/

Edited by Sevealin

Im using Dayz Launcher and having the same problem. Logged off for a server restart and hasn't worked since. Game wont even boot up.

Yep I am having the same problem, OA is starting without battleye, verified OA, but Commander isn't working and cannot launch the game through steam. Battleye's master server is down.

TRY THIS FIX: 

1. Go to Steam\Steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\Battleye

2. Select "UnInstallBe.exe" and follow the steps to uninstall

3. Go to Steam, right click on "Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead - Properties - go to "LOCAL FILES" tab - "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE"

4. Delete the Battleye folder here at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye

5. Delete the BEClient.dll file here C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye (Potentially Optional, but I did it anyway)

6. Launch Arma 2 OA via Steam and hopefully see that BattleEye service has been installed

source: http://customcombatgaming.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5848-fix-for-battleye-game-does-not-launch-no-reinstall-needed/

This will get you back into ArmA 2 OA, but it's using an old version of BattlEye. (1.220)  As soon as it attempts another update, it will break it again.

The update may have been pulled or the BattlEye update servers taken down.  I'm getting these errors on my servers when I connect:

0:30:45 BattlEye Server: Could not connect to BE Master
0:30:45 BattlEye Server: Update attempt failed
Edited by Skydive

Okay, it looks like BattlEye just got the update repaired and my client updated back to the latest version and I am still able to close ArmA 2 OA and open it again.

I am still having probs with battleye, actually started today/yesterday, when launching arma 2 oa using steam it shows that window about battleye  aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

then says " succesfully instaled ....."  but nothing, re-launching arma will get the same window open again