Sign in to follow this  
LFrod777

My first shooting kill

Hello. I have been playing dayz for quite a while now but i have never actually shot another player to kill him... until minutes ago.

I spawned in berezino after being shot to death by 2 bandits. I started searching some houses and i found a cr527 carbine with no ammo. In that same building i found buckshots. Some time later i heard someone firing and sks although i didnt know who he/she was shooting. I assumed it was a zombie they were shooting so i kept serching but still being cautious. After that i ran into some random guy saying he was being followed by a guy with a gun and he told me to be careful. I walked in another building and i saw that other guy pointing at the door. I obviously ran away because i did not have any bullets. In the building i decided to hide, was an Izh43 shotgun. Remembering where i had found the buckshots, I took the shotgun and went straight for the building. After going out i ran into the guy who warned me of the bandit with the gun. We talked for a few seconds and shots could be heard hitting the ground near us. After that, i immediatley found the shooter and we started exchanging fire. I then lost the bandit and a few minutes later i heard him talking with random guy. Random guy was telling him where i had gone so i now looked at random guy as a threat. I tried hiding but ran into random guy pointing a cr527 at me. Thankfully, I knew he had no bullets because i had scavenged every building and there was no ammo for the carbine. I raised my gun and broke his legs. I didn't even think of letting him live because of the way he threatened me. I shot his head and checked for loot but he was dry. Im now running away from berezino because I lost the bandit and I dont know where he went. It may not be smart but my next destination is cherno. Who knows, i might hit the jackpot on my way there. Only time will tell.

• Like 5

While you thought it was the right move to shoot this guy dead, the real good move would be to break his legs and watch him crawl, meanwhile laughing like a maniac and screaming "Welcome to DayZ bitch!"

Edited by Crazy_Spider
  • Like 2

While you thought it was the right move to shoot this guy dead, the real good move would be to break his legs and watch him crawl, meanwhile laughing like a maniac and screaming "Welcome to DayZ bitch!"

Something is wrong with you... I like you

Welcome to the forums, Frod.  Good luck with staying alive for a little while.  :thumbsup:

i have killed other players before, but my first ever encounter with 2 whilst being on my own came to pass today, i was on a server that originally had around 13-15ish players, that dropped to maybe 8 by the time i made it to the NWAF, i was looting the military building which has that 1 cage door room to the right of the entrance literally as you walk in, i went upstairs to check the loot and i heard gunshots coming from further down the AF, i take a quick look out the windows before i continue with my looting.

after about 5 mins i hear 2 shotgun shots, they where very close to the building i was occupying so i go out the room i was in and look down the stairs, i hear them walk to the door and come inside, they started looking in the rooms and then waited at the corner of the building straight up from the door near the stairs so i pop my head around to get a shot and my bullets hit the floor i was on, i reload and hear him say "there's 2 of us and we have a lot of ammo!" i remained silent, after about 7 mins of nothing but footsteps and a horde of zombies running through the door and getting killed by these guys they came out of their room and one waiting in the corner i previously stated, the other started to make his way up the stairs so i run around and shoot, hitting him 4 times. They both then ran back into the room and started bandaging, eating, drinking and reloading, they come out again and i shot at them again killing 1 of them (without knowing i did immediately after the attack), another 15 mins or so go by without so much of a whisper and i just glimpse the second dude looting his friends body, i slowly made my way down the stairs and shot him in the head.

They ruined a lot of my gear, but it was all replaced with theirs so it's fine haha, my character once again prevails in surviving another day.

• Like 2

i have killed other players before, but my first ever encounter with 2 whilst being on my own came to pass today, i was on a server that originally had around 13-15ish players, that dropped to maybe 8 by the time i made it to the NWAF, i was looting the military building which has that 1 cage door room to the right of the entrance literally as you walk in, i went upstairs to check the loot and i heard gunshots coming from further down the AF, i take a quick look out the windows before i continue with my looting.

after about 5 mins i hear 2 shotgun shots, they where very close to the building i was occupying so i go out the room i was in and look down the stairs, i hear them walk to the door and come inside, they started looking in the rooms and then waited at the corner of the building straight up from the door near the stairs so i pop my head around to get a shot and my bullets hit the floor i was on, i reload and hear him say "there's 2 of us and we have a lot of ammo!" i remained silent, after about 7 mins of nothing but footsteps and a horde of zombies running through the door and getting killed by these guys they came out of their room and one waiting in the corner i previously stated, the other started to make his way up the stairs so i run around and shoot, hitting him 4 times. They both then ran back into the room and started bandaging, eating, drinking and reloading, they come out again and i shot at them again killing 1 of them (without knowing i did immediately after the attack), another 15 mins or so go by without so much of a whisper and i just glimpse the second dude looting his friends body, i slowly made my way down the stairs and shot him in the head.

They ruined a lot of my gear, but it was all replaced with theirs so it's fine haha, my character once again prevails in surviving another day.

Three nights ago two friends and I came across 4 players in the middle of no-where and followed them over 3000m to the Vibor military base, where they eventually holed themself up in that military jail building. We watched for quite some time, and could see they'd lit fires inside. We were pretty sure they hadn't seen us follow them. It was on a busy private server that is hard to get into so we assumed they wouldn't be logging off in there anytime soon. Soon another guy turned up, who they promptly killed when he went into the jail, so we got the notion that they were not particulary friendly fellas. But neither are we, so we couldn't judge them there.

Fortunately we'd recently raided a few military bases and killed some geared guys over the previous few days so we had over 10 grenades between the 3 of us. We tried talking to them, asking them to surrender, however we got no reply. 9 grenades later and they were more willing to talk. The grenades had killed all but two of them, and those two were pretty ruined from the blasts, having to fix their broken legs. We asked them to come out with their hands up and we'd let them live.

They came out slowly, one at a time, with their hands up. Two of us guarded them, whilst another of us checked the building for other survivors. There were none, but a lot of gear. These guys all had fully kitted silenced AK 101's with plenty of ammo and highcap vests within vests within vests. After a long chat about how they managed to come across so much gear on a private server (with their strong denial of duping), and where they were from, and discussing the whole ordeal with a little banter, we decided we would do as we had promised, and let them live, we traded some food and water, one of us even gave them a pair of boots to replace their ruined ones so they wouldn't have sore feet. We let them keep their weapons and ammo, but we did take a few of their grenades and an m4 handguard from them, with their permission. We told them to run away across an open field, and said if they equiped a gun, or turned around, our sniper would shoot them. Once they were far enough away, we ran in the opposite direction.

All three of us agreed that this was one of our best and most rewarding evenings playing Dayz (we all have a thousand plus hours in game). Sometimes it is indeed fun to handcuff and force feed a player the human flesh of his friend, but sometimes it is fun to show mercy, to be respectful to the people you have beaten in battle, and then let them live. This would have gone down very differently if the surviving two guys had shouted abuse and insults or other childish stuff at us. They were polite, and so were we. Next time you're in a standoff, try talking, you never know, the bandits that have you pinned down might be grown up enough to show you the same level of respect back.

• Like 1

Three nights ago two friends and I came across 4 players in the middle of no-where and followed them over 3000m to the Vibor military base, where they eventually holed themself up in that military jail building. We watched for quite some time, and could see they'd lit fires inside. We were pretty sure they hadn't seen us follow them. It was on a busy private server that is hard to get into so we assumed they wouldn't be logging off in there anytime soon. Soon another guy turned up, who they promptly killed when he went into the jail, so we got the notion that they were not particulary friendly fellas. But neither are we, so we couldn't judge them there.

Fortunately we'd recently raided a few military bases and killed some geared guys over the previous few days so we had over 10 grenades between the 3 of us. We tried talking to them, asking them to surrender, however we got no reply. 9 grenades later and they were more willing to talk. The grenades had killed all but two of them, and those two were pretty ruined from the blasts, having to fix their broken legs. We asked them to come out with their hands up and we'd let them live.

They came out slowly, one at a time, with their hands up. Two of us guarded them, whilst another of us checked the building for other survivors. There were none, but a lot of gear. These guys all had fully kitted silenced AK 101's with plenty of ammo and highcap vests within vests within vests. After a long chat about how they managed to come across so much gear on a private server (with their strong denial of duping), and where they were from, and discussing the whole ordeal with a little banter, we decided we would do as we had promised, and let them live, we traded some food and water, one of us even gave them a pair of boots to replace their ruined ones so they wouldn't have sore feet. We let them keep their weapons and ammo, but we did take a few of their grenades and an m4 handguard from them, with their permission. We told them to run away across an open field, and said if they equiped a gun, or turned around, our sniper would shoot them. Once they were far enough away, we ran in the opposite direction.

All three of us agreed that this was one of our best and most rewarding evenings playing Dayz (we all have a thousand plus hours in game). Sometimes it is indeed fun to handcuff and force feed a player the human flesh of his friend, but sometimes it is fun to show mercy, to be respectful to the people you have beaten in battle, and then let them live. This would have gone down very differently if the surviving two guys had shouted abuse and insults or other childish stuff at us. They were polite, and so were we. Next time you're in a standoff, try talking, you never know, the bandits that have you pinned down might be grown up enough to show you the same level of respect back.

At the time, I didn't really want to take a chance since i had just found a few clothing items i was hunting for, which took a while to find (olive assault vest, olive tactical shirt and gas mask).