Sign in to follow this  
lauri7x3

wheelbarrow and other stuff

would be awesome if u can find and use wheelbarrows or craft litte handcarts by urself and drag them around and load stuff in it. of course it have to be 2handed.

u could transport material,food,weapons etc. that would even solve the big tent/bagpack problem or u maybe even could use it to transport dead or unconscious players.

it would also come very in handy later when u have to transport heavy engines to repair stuff or transport logs for crafting.

also they are very common items in this countryside and i wonder why it isnt in the game yet

pictures here

handcart.jpg

Moderne_Schubkarre.jpg

• Like 2

Handcarts do have a very end of the world feel about them and don't forget shopping trolleys too.

The main issue i see is similar to that of the bike: it's very hard to make a player attached to an object (the wheelbarrow or bike) look natural when it has to interact with things in the world.

chechen-war-grozny.jpg

• Like 1

It would also have to slow the player down, and increase stamina lost with the player stamina feature that may be added in the future. I think an easier solution would be having vehicles have storage space for the player to access.

Also, people would probably choose speed and faster reaction times over being an easy target. Unless there was a group of players to guard the person punching the wheelbarrow or handcart. Even then the people not punching the cart would have to constantly slow down to stay near the cart, making it a slow crawl to where ever they wish to go.

Edited by Madfireshot

Make people hostage and use them to push your cart? ;)

I like your idea of carts. Would be logical and i can imagine some nice ambush possibilities.

Book of eli anyone? :)